PDA

View Full Version : Racing's next superstar

TheStageIsSet
12-05-2009, 01:14 PM
Wow im sure everyone saw the running of the second at Aqu.

Afleet Express 2yr old broke slowly and spotted the field ten lenghts on the OFF TRACK,overcame the start,the slop,and galloped under the wire.Keep a close eye.

Zippy Chippy
12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Wow im sure everyone saw the running of the second at Aqu.

Afleet Express 2yr old broke slowly and spotted the field ten lenghts on the OFF TRACK,overcame the start,the slop,and galloped under the wire.Keep a close eye.

Just made another thread. Didn't see this one.. WOW! I keep rewinding my TIVO and watching it.

tzipi
12-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Just saw that! Spots the field a huge lead after a tangle,then wipes em by almost 2 lengths! Great race. I had to bet him. Was 6-1 ML and opened at 7-5 with great works including a bullet from the gate.

TheStageIsSet
12-05-2009, 01:19 PM
Whats next?

tzipi
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Whats next?
A nice allowance race. I hate when trainers jump up to a stakes or minor stakes race after a good maiden win. So many horses have been ruined by that. I don't know if he's the real deal yet,but boy he looked great.

TheStageIsSet
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
A nice allowance race. I hate when trainers jump up to a stakes or minor stakes race after a good maiden win. So many horses have been ruined by that. I don't know if he's the real deal yet,but boy he looked great.
tzipi remember the preakness his dad ran..Afleet Alex was very underratted..

tzipi
12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
tzipi remember the preakness his dad ran..Afleet Alex was very underratted..

Ha yeah,almost the same thing. Shame Alex had to retire early.

DanG
12-05-2009, 02:16 PM
Whats next?
Gulfstream Park and a few offers to sell…

http://www.everyjoe.com/thoroughbredfever/files/2009/01/mrpphotos032597-gulfstream-park-flo.jpg

the_fat_man
12-05-2009, 02:27 PM
Clearly the horse was compromised a few strides from the gate but he got an absolutely PERFECT trip otherwise. Especially in terms of the timing of the move (and race dynamics). I did a doubletake when I saw that Johnny V was up.

I want to see what he does in a race where he has to do a bit more running with the pace before getting too excited.