PDA

View Full Version : Video games or hot girlfriend?

Valuist
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM
A pretty easy choice for most males. In tennis player Andy Murray's case, he chose the video game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ten/blog/busted_racquet/post/Andy-Murray-gets-dumped-for-playing-too-many-vid?urn=ten,206655

Maybe we have to reconsider Tiger as being the dumbest athlete of the week.

cj
12-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Here is the thing though. Unlike Tiger, Murray realizes with his stardom another "hot girlfriend" is right around the corner. :)

BirdstoneFTW
12-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Nothing will ever top Tony Romo's decision to dump Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson.

Way to think that one through Tony :ThmbDown:

Hanover1
12-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Many feel a girlfriend is amusing for around 1/2 hr or so, but video games work for hours.........

Valuist
12-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Here is the thing though. Unlike Tiger, Murray realizes with his stardom another "hot girlfriend" is right around the corner. :)

Yeah, a street corner.

cj
12-05-2009, 07:45 PM
You don't think he won't get another girlfriend just as hot?

My point was maybe he doesn't really like her that much, or at least love her. He'd rather play video games so that is pretty obvious. At least he wasn't dumb enough to marry her.

This is one reason why Derek Jeter is the smartest athlete on the planet.

bigmack
12-05-2009, 08:11 PM
He's 22 on the tour travelling around the world. She's a student.

Professional athletes criss-crossing the globe ought not to get too involved @ 22. He's already on a reported schtupp-fest. Must not have been the lure of video games.

Speaking of which, I read that people that play VGames play on average of 2.5 hours a day!

Valuist
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
This is one reason why Derek Jeter is the smartest athlete on the planet.

I've been saying the same thing.

Although when it comes to tennis, can't some of these rising stars crash pretty quickly? Wasn't that long ago Roddick was supposed to be the king, then Federer, and didn't he get beaten by some longshot in one of the major tournaments. I'm no tennis expert but I'm just going by what I've heard.

BetHorses!
12-05-2009, 09:10 PM
I would bet she's not that good

Steve 'StatMan'
12-05-2009, 09:16 PM
I would bet she's not that good

...at that video game, at the very least!

I was surprised back when Tiger got married, didn't follow things that closely, didn't realized he was engaged, etc. Beautiful woman, but Tiger was Mr. Huge Success and Golf Workaholic. I was concerned that a marriage for him so young and on a rocket ride from top of the world into outer space would manage to mess him up somehow - surprised it took so long, though sad to see this happen to either of them.

sandpit
12-05-2009, 10:36 PM
Nothing will ever top Tony Romo's decision to dump Carrie Underwood for Jessica Simpson.

Way to think that one through Tony :ThmbDown:

No matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere there is a guy tired of ******* her.

BetHorses!
12-06-2009, 12:48 AM
No matter how good looking a woman is, somewhere there is a guy tired of ******* her.

bingo.......its about quantity

BetHorses!
12-06-2009, 12:49 AM
...at that video game, at the very least!

I was surprised back when Tiger got married, didn't follow things that closely, didn't realized he was engaged, etc. Beautiful woman, but Tiger was Mr. Huge Success and Golf Workaholic. I was concerned that a marriage for him so young and on a rocket ride from top of the world into outer space would manage to mess him up somehow - surprised it took so long, though sad to see this happen to either of them.

very sad, especially when young children are involved.....

Hanover1
12-06-2009, 12:55 AM
Perhaps not so much quantity, but variety...(its the spice of life).

Steve 'StatMan'
12-06-2009, 01:13 AM
very sad, especially when young children are involved.....

Oh yes, very sad.

Robert Goren
12-06-2009, 01:23 AM
Kids are the leading cause of marriage.

Pace Cap'n
12-06-2009, 07:46 AM
And marriage is the leading cause of divorce.

Trotman
12-06-2009, 08:54 AM
LOL,the best one was right after the incident John Daly was calling around to make sure he had an alibi as he said that was a page out of his book. :lol:

Valuist
12-06-2009, 11:14 AM

Quality still trumps quantity.

cj
12-06-2009, 11:22 AM
I've been saying the same thing.

Although when it comes to tennis, can't some of these rising stars crash pretty quickly? Wasn't that long ago Roddick was supposed to be the king, then Federer, and didn't he get beaten by some longshot in one of the major tournaments. I'm no tennis expert but I'm just going by what I've heard.

They may not remain #1 for a long time, though Federer certainly did and still is, he just doesn't win as often. But, the men especially have long careers and make lots of money. For example, Leyton Hewitt hasn't won anything of consequence since Wimbledon 2002, but he is still #22 in the world and makes a ton of cash. Roddick was very briefly #1, but he is still #7 and certainly not hurting.

Roddick was recently married though, so I suspect his top 10 days are numbered! :)

Valuist
12-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I hope he didn't marry Brooke Shields. And lets hope he isn't pre-disposed to taking crystal meth. One guy has already been down that road.

cj
12-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Close, Brooklyn Decker!

BetHorses!
12-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Quality still trumps quantity.

meant when you have quality you want quantity....