PDA

View Full Version : Amanda Knox Guilty on All Counts; 26-Year Sentence

Overlay
12-04-2009, 06:58 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/34271238/ns/world_news-europe/?GT1=43001

PERUGIA, Italy - A jury convicted American college student Amanda Knox of murdering her British roommate and sentenced her to 26 years in prison shortly after midnight Saturday.

Her Italian ex-boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito was also convicted and sentenced to 25 years.

The 22-year-old Knox and 25-year-old Sollecito were charged with murder and sexual assault in the slaying of Meredith Kercher more than two years ago. All three were studying in Perugia in Italy's central Umbria region at the time.

Pell Mell
12-04-2009, 08:53 PM
I didn't follow it that closely but from what I did read there seemed to be reasonable doubt. Does that count in Italy?

Bochall
12-04-2009, 11:42 PM
I claim to know nothing of Italian law, but when the jury ISNT SEQUESTERED during the trial all manner of things can interfere with their ability to objectively evaluate the evidence. Therefore, i have no idea if this American girl is guilty or not...shame.

Robert Goren
12-05-2009, 12:02 AM
For the record very few American juries are sequestered. One thing is for sure. There is an all out
media blitz by the Knox supporters. I have yet see anyone on TV from the victim's family or her friends.

Bochall
12-05-2009, 01:24 AM
[QUOTE=Robert Goren]For the record very few American juries are sequestered.

Even in murder cases? I didnt know that...it seems that a high profile case like this would call for a sequestered jury, but then again, i dont know Italian law. Most of the info we get is from American sources, and i'd like to think Knox is innocent, but i really havent a clue about her role in this murder.