PDA

View Full Version : 12/4/09...Meadows...14yo @1/9 ???

LottaKash
12-04-2009, 03:25 PM
This is not a tout or anything, just funny, but in tonite's 5th race at "The Meadows" a 14yo gelding "G T's GRAIG" is dropping from the $10K-clm to a $6K-clm.....This guy earned $89K, while winning 15 of 35 starts this year....

So who is going to claim him tonite, as he will be mandatoringly retired for "all time" at the end of this month.....?

If someone were silly enough to claim him, they would be stuck with a racehorse that can no longer race or breed (at that) and the responsibility of feeding the horse from now on...haha....

Will be 1/9.....any takers ?.....(In his last two races, he has two-solid 2d place finishes and the superior pace numbers in those $10K's, to boot)

best,

Augie16
12-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Yeah, He went off at low odds and finished up the track. Par for The Meadows.

Sea Biscuit
12-05-2009, 02:59 PM
This is not a tout or anything, just funny, but in tonite's 5th race at "The Meadows" a 14yo gelding "G T's GRAIG" is dropping from the $10K-clm to a $6K-clm.....This guy earned $89K, while winning 15 of 35 starts this year....

So who is going to claim him tonite, as he will be mandatoringly retired for "all time" at the end of this month.....?

If someone were silly enough to claim him, they would be stuck with a racehorse that can no longer race or breed (at that) and the responsibility of feeding the horse from now on...haha....

Will be 1/9.....any takers ?.....(In his last two races, he has two-solid 2d place finishes and the superior pace numbers in those $10K's, to boot)

best,

Thats the 60 grand Cadillac going for five.

The trainer was hoping someone might not notice the age of the horse and bite.

Hanover1
12-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Thats the 60 grand Cadillac going for five.

The trainer was hoping someone might not notice the age of the horse and bite.
Off topic, but your response reminds me of the time I paid a lad 10 bucks to hose a gelding we just cut. Showed him the stall, and hung a shank on the door for him. I decided to stroll by to see how things were going, and lo and behold, he had taken a well endowed colt out of the next stall, and was hosin the bejeezus outta him.... :lol: (didn't notice....)