PDA

View Full Version : Cincy at Pitt

rrbauer
12-04-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm a big Brian Kelly fan BUT what is it with all the points that the B'cats have given up in their last 3 games: 45, 21 and 36. If their defense doesn't show up on Saturday at Heinz Field their whole season could be "ruined" (a CJ term!). Pitt has the same objective at this time of the year: A Big East title and a win over Cincy would close that deal. These are the kind of games that make turning on the TV on Sunday's a waste of time. IMO of course!

Valuist
12-04-2009, 10:35 AM
I haven't seen the line on this game but a good rule of thumb is when the pressure is on a Wannstedt coached team, or they are in the role of favorite, always go against them. In the role of an underdog, they may have a shot but he doesn't handle expectations well.

fiveouttasix
12-04-2009, 10:41 AM
Cincinnati is a 1.5 point favorite. Pitt is Home.

ldiatone
12-04-2009, 07:13 PM
i like pitt this sat! :rolleyes: (wonder why eh?)

rrbauer
12-05-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't know how many ways Pitt could've screwed up to lose this game, but only one mattered!

bisket
12-05-2009, 04:42 PM
the town of cincy has pittsburg's number this year when it comes to football. i'm upset the rutgers lost to wva. rutgers is a young team and have a good future ahead of them, but would have liked to have watched them take 3rd in the big east.

ldiatone
12-05-2009, 04:44 PM
I haven't seen the line on this game but a good rule of thumb is when the pressure is on a Wannstedt coached team, or they are in the role of favorite, always go against them. In the role of an underdog, they may have a shot but he doesn't handle expectations well.

you may have a point about wannstedt here. choke against WVU(but that is a grudge game for both schools) and now this loss to cincy. cincy is a good team and there QB will be a pro. and to loose w/ a extra pt. miss.
but, the players are still mostly kids and mistakes happen. also consider C weiss of ND was fired after 5 years and wannstedt has a few more years to go. both hired the same years. at least wannstedt turned pitt around a bit.

wasn't the line 1 1/2???

ldiatone
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
I don't know how many ways Pitt could've screwed up to lose this game, but only one mattered!

how TRUE :mad:

BillW
12-05-2009, 04:51 PM
I didn't see the game but from reading the boxscore it looked like they caught whatever the Steelers have :confused:

bisket
12-05-2009, 04:59 PM
pittsburg was up big at 1/2 time. cincy came back to beat them. with about 2 minutes left pitt missed an extra point to go up by 6. cincy threw a 40 yard td pass to win it. cincy's qb hit the reciever right on the money running at full speed in the end zone. a big league pass no doubt. you could probably count on one hand the pro qb's that could complete that pass. big win for them. undefeated and going to a bowl championship game no doubt.

rrbauer
12-06-2009, 08:55 AM
pittsburg was up big at 1/2 time. cincy came back to beat them. with about 2 minutes left pitt missed an extra point to go up by 6. cincy threw a 40 yard td pass to win it. cincy's qb hit the reciever right on the money running at full speed in the end zone. a big league pass no doubt. you could probably count on one hand the pro qb's that could complete that pass. big win for them. undefeated and going to a bowl championship game no doubt.

That hand must have about 24 fingers!

cj's dad
12-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Pitt ran over around and through Cincy all day long - Cincy should be overtaken by Boise State in the next poll.

44 points allowed ?!?

The Bearcats are an overrated team.

ezrabrooks
12-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Pitt ran over around and through Cincy all day long - Cincy should be overtaken by Boise State in the next poll.

44 points allowed ?!?

The Bearcats are an overrated team.

Cincy must be giving up close to 40 a game the last part of the season. I don't know how good they are, but that defense will get them nowhere...playoff or otherwise.

cj
12-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Cincy must be giving up close to 40 a game the last part of the season. I don't know how good they are, but that defense will get them nowhere...playoff or otherwise.

Probably not, but they deserve the chance.

BetHorses!
12-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Turning point in my opinion was when Pitt scored to go up by 14 and did the short kickoff and gave Cinci position and they scored fast but mis PAT and was down by 8. Why do these teams always do that short kick? :confused:

cj
12-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Why do these teams always do that short kick? :confused:

I think Nebraska fans are wondering the same thing. Just kick the ball down the field. If you can't cover, so be it.

bisket
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
boise and utah are 2 more reasons there should be a playoff