PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct 9th 12/3

aaron
12-03-2009, 10:02 PM
The three blind mice strike again. This was as bad a disqualification as I've seen,that is saying a lot,because these three blind mice have been doing this for a while.

tzipi
12-03-2009, 11:15 PM
The three blind mice strike again. This was as bad a disqualification as I've seen,that is saying a lot,because these three blind mice have been doing this for a while.

Dave Grening posted about it too. That was a joke. :rolleyes: Figures with those guys and that's why it's getting bad.
David Grening - Aqueduct
12/03/2009 4:37 PM

I'm not one to normally pick on stewards, BUT the call that was made in Thursday's ninth race at Aqueduct was one of the worst if not THE worst I have seen in my 16 years in New York. I had no financial interest in the race (though my colleague Dave Litfin got put up into the exacta and was flabbergasted) Ramon Dominguez, aboard 3-5 favorite Talk Therapy, comes out while Cromwell Alley, with Joe Bravo up, comes in. They don't appear to bump _ though they threatened to _ Bravo never stops riding. Dominguez wins, albeit by a nose. The stewards do not post the inquiry, but Bravo claims foul. After lengthy discussion, the decision is made to reverse the order of finish.

If this warrants a takedown, then there will be at least one disqualification everyday for the rest of time.

Perhaps if they ran the races during the daytime instead of at night, things would be clearer in view.

Congrats to those who cashed, condolences to those who got screwed.

Marshall Bennett
12-04-2009, 08:11 AM
One of the worst calls I've ever seen as well . Wasn't even a bump or a tap , more like a gentle brush . :)

turfbar
12-04-2009, 10:54 AM
not proper english but..... aren't horses required to stay in thier lane

The DQ'd horse came off the rail into the third lane and BOTHERED Joe Bravo's
horse

Perception is reality

Turfbar