PDA

View Full Version : And They're Off: Ventura/ Lady's Secret/ and the Zenyatta Tribute!

andymays
12-02-2009, 03:48 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/videos/watch/28C3C3F1-BB8A-4179-8AEC-C218719FE81F

Excerpt:

Lenny and Steve discuss Ventura’s emotional victory, the future of Juddmonte’s stable, and Oak Tree’s decision to rename the Lady’s Secret Stakes.

And of course the Zenyatta Tribute (Lenny knocks the Tribute not Zenyatta). ;) I think I said this was coming. ;)

joanied
12-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Thanks for posting this, andymays...
Ventura's story just made me choke up all over again...I'm still not over Bobby's passing.
But hearing about Zenyatta's day was an eye opener...I had no idea, since I missed the telecast, that it was so poorly done...like they just threw it together at a moment's notice...after hearing Steve describe it...well, it made me embarassed for Z's connections...I hope when SA does her special day, they do a better job...at least they have a few weeks to plan it out....maybe this is why so many here were bashing the 'event'...I'm glad i got to hear about it via this video.

Do you think that Oak tree will do the right thing and keep the Lady's Secret...now that they must realize how bad they screwed up with this call...especially with so many other races that they could use for Zenyatta....jeeze!