PDA

View Full Version : Linda Rice

gales0678
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
She has been ice cold since the spa

with GP about a month away do you think she finds her touch again down in Florida and gets back to winning on the grass?

lamboguy
12-01-2009, 08:31 PM
i heard she has a new assistant, the guy that was with bruce levine for years is now with her, if my memory serves me right his name is danny. that guys real good.

WinterTriangle
12-01-2009, 09:17 PM
Interesting discussion. I imagine there's many factors to consider in the discussion of why a stable goes quiet.

Nature of barn population and type of races available for them in condition book comes to mind.

It seems to follow times of year more than track?

I could really use some help evaluating trainers--how to do that BEFORE they go hot or cold?

Jackal
12-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Linda Rice used up all her conditions at the spa. All those winners have now moved up in class. It's hard to keep a horse in form for a long period of time. To summarize her situation she fired all her bullets at the spa.

slew101
12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Plus, less turf racing because of the weather the last few months. And she has always been a speed trainer. For years, her reputation was with 2-year-olds on the dirt. Add in that Belmont runs more distance turf sprints (6 and 7 furlongs) than the 5.5 races Saratoga runs, and that adds up too. Her horses seem to run best at 5 and 5.5.

bisket
12-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Interesting discussion. I imagine there's many factors to consider in the discussion of why a stable goes quiet.

Nature of barn population and type of races available for them in condition book comes to mind.

It seems to follow times of year more than track?

I could really use some help evaluating trainers--how to do that BEFORE they go hot or cold?
your betting on the horse not the trainer. you want to know the methods a trainer uses to get horse into condition. so you will know when to expect a good race out of the steed, but your playing the horse not the trainer. whether a jock or trainer is "hot" or "cold" doesn't really figure into my handicapping. as far as linda rice is concerned her forte' is turf sprints. you don't see those races at aqueduct or at gulfstream very often.

slew101
12-01-2009, 09:48 PM
I agree to some extent. I saw several Linda Rice horses at Saratoga I wouldn't play with monopoly money, and many times they won. Late in the meet, they started to lose a little more.

I tend to bet against a trainer going cold than bet a trainer who's hot (no pun intended with Linda Rice).

[QUOTE=bisket]your betting on the horse not the trainer.

gales0678
12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
your betting on the horse not the trainer. you want to know the methods a trainer uses to get horse into condition. so you will know when to expect a good race out of the steed, but your playing the horse not the trainer. whether a jock or trainer is "hot" or "cold" doesn't really figure into my handicapping. as far as linda rice is concerned her forte' is turf sprints. you don't see those races at aqueduct or at gulfstream very often.

but didn't half of her wins come in turf routes at the spa? all of her wins weren't at 5.5 or less at the spa this summer. she won a lot of turf routes as well. there were plenty of those races at bel and aqu this fall. are they all being saved for gp? will she get back to a 20% win percentage down in the sunshine stat?

ranchwest
12-02-2009, 09:11 AM

The trainer works the horse, feeds the horse, gets a vet for the horse, finds the race spots for the horse, etc. While you may choose to ignore the trainer, that doesn't mean there isn't pertinent information to be gleaned from studying trainers.

phatbastard
12-02-2009, 09:20 AM
''will she get back to a 20% win percentage down in the sunshine stat?''

is florida offering NY bred races this year?

at least 50 of her wins are with ny breds

gales0678
12-02-2009, 09:47 AM
''will she get back to a 20% win percentage down in the sunshine stat?''

is florida offering NY bred races this year?

at least 50 of her wins are with ny breds

i guess not

phat - what happened to her at BEL and AQU , weren't there grass races at those meets?

the_fat_man
12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
i guess not

phat - what happened to her at BEL and AQU , weren't there grass races at those meets?

Gales seems to have it in for Linda and is utilizing multiple forums to get the point across that she's a cheater. We get it Gales, but let me ask you this:

where were you when I started the thread about McLaughlin getting busted for cheating?

I can understand having a hardon for Linda (we all do as she's very attractive) but you really need to let it go. She had a nice meet and she's also an overall 20% (or so) trainer. Maybe you, and others, should really focus on the NICE GUYS that are busted for cheating, rather than chasing those without any positives.