PDA

View Full Version : PT's???

misscashalot
12-01-2009, 11:19 AM
What's the purpose of the Public Touts

Do they bet the horses they tout

Why do they mainly pick the win spot and hardly
mention exotics except to say that so and so is a single.

How much influence do they have with the betting public

Anyone know a PT who has a positive roi

Who are the best PT's?

:sleeping:

fmolf
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
What do you mean by public touts?...the tip sheet sellers....the tvg talking heads?....the newspaper handicappers including those in drf and the daily papers?Most are forced to pick every race and stick pretty much to the obvious horses the top two or three contenders.the talking heads seem to be consumed with p4's and 6's their roi seems poor to me....In the days that i started going to the nyra tracks in the early 70's a tout was someone who would give you a supposed hot horse and if it won you were expected to tip him.These fellows were quite shady individuals who would give out 3 or more horses to lots of different people and hope one would come in.Most of these touts appeared well dressed and "in the know" so they claimed.They kind of disappeared as the wagering public became more sophisticated and more info became commercially available.My dad and granddad claim that men actually earned a living doing this in the 50's and 60's.this was the golden age of horse racing and uninformed people used these touts to make wagers!