PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's Spot Plays

Ian Meyers
12-01-2009, 09:15 AM
Has anyone else tried these? I've used them for more than a week and think there's real promise here. Boomer is giving them away free for 30 days through his website http://www.boomerhandicapsraces.com/.

Very interested in feedback from others.

boomman
12-04-2009, 12:51 PM
Has anyone else tried these? I've used them for more than a week and think there's real promise here. Boomer is giving them away free for 30 days through his website http://www.boomerhandicapsraces.com/.

Very interested in feedback from others.

Ian: Glad you see promise in them, as this has been a long work in progress! They will continue to be available at no cost through the month of December and will be released each day after scratch time at 12:15 PM EST.......

:) Boomer

Ian Meyers
12-04-2009, 11:40 PM
Another 120% ROI day both to win and across the board. I had a good day betting them and just missed a couple of crushes. Boomer I'm happy you're distributing these but maybe you shouldn't. ;)

boomman
12-05-2009, 01:30 PM
Another 120% ROI day both to win and across the board. I had a good day betting them and just missed a couple of crushes. Boomer I'm happy you're distributing these but maybe you shouldn't. ;)

Ian: It is my pleasure to post them throughout the month of December, and with a 119% R.O.I. yesterday, obviously I'm just hoping they continue that kind of succe$$ long term..........

Glad they're working well for you!

Boomer

the_fat_man
12-05-2009, 02:12 PM
I'm confused. :confused:

I thought Ian Meyers was a professional player, and thus, made his own selections. And now, we find out that he's relying on someone else. This, in combination with being close to the BEST TURF HANDICAPPER in the country.
Talk about having an EDGE.

Come on Ian, pick one yourself. You can do it. :rolleyes:

the_fat_man
12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
Ian: It is my pleasure to post them throughout the month of December, and with a 119% R.O.I. yesterday, obviously I'm just hoping they continue that kind of succe$$ long term..........

Glad they're working well for you!

Boomer

Not exactly, BOOMER. We need to give you an EMAIL account or CALL you for the picks. Surely you jest.

boomman
12-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Not exactly, BOOMER. We need to give you an EMAIL account or CALL you for the picks. Surely you jest.

FatMan: No I don't jest! I simply ask anyone that wants the spot plays to provide an email address so that I can send them out from my office and in the process avoid paying a webmaster to post FREE picks on my website 7 days a week....

EXCUSE ME!!!:D

Boomer

bigmack
12-05-2009, 07:54 PM
avoid paying a webmaster to post FREE picks on my website 7 days a week....
PA's pickin' up the tab around here. Slap 'em up here.

Ian Meyers
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM

I thought Ian Meyers was a professional player, and thus, made his own selections. And now, we find out that he's relying on someone else. This, in combination with being close to the BEST TURF HANDICAPPER in the country.

Of course I do handicap myself, but I am always interested in an educated second opinion. I have no problem using whatever I can in the decision making process, be it some one's selections(Boomer, TLG,etc.) other's opinions on works or physicality, other's trip notes, etc. All I care about at the end of the week is whether I won money or lost money. :)

Ian Meyers
12-07-2009, 05:55 PM

Of course every day won't be like this but yesterday's picks returned 146% on win and 134% across the board. That's why I look at them and throw them in my handicapping mix.

Charli125
12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Several people recommended his books, and I've just finished reading them...they're great. I don't use his spot plays, but he does send them to me, and he has had a pretty decent ROI. Of course some days are better than others, but I would guess it's in the 1.05-1.1 W ROI since I've been getting them. With take-out what it is, that's pretty damn good.

I also don't think it's a big deal to give him my email address, but if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't sign up.

boomman
12-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Several people recommended his books, and I've just finished reading them...they're great. I don't use his spot plays, but he does send them to me, and he has had a pretty decent ROI. Of course some days are better than others, but I would guess it's in the 1.05-1.1 W ROI since I've been getting them. With take-out what it is, that's pretty damn good.

I also don't think it's a big deal to give him my email address, but if you don't feel comfortable with it, don't sign up.

Thanks Charli! I'm glad you liked 'em:)

Boomer

Ian Meyers
12-11-2009, 01:36 PM
Caught a very nice exacta $85+ exacta at TP in Race 6 using your key with the sharp working firster by tossing the fave altogether from the top 2. Keep up the good work buddy. :)

boomman
12-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Caught a very nice exacta $85+ exacta at TP in Race 6 using your key with the sharp working firster by tossing the fave altogether from the top 2. Keep up the good work buddy. :)

Thanks Ian! Obviously, I'm trying to beat the "chalk" whenever possible, but of course, some of the plays do get bet down. That's when I just wait for the right price and go to the next one...........;)

Boomer

Ian Meyers
12-13-2009, 09:12 PM
Two $20+ winners, a $15 winner, plus a horse at MNR that got beat on the wire at 22-1. Makes for a nice Holiday. :)

How much longer are you going to give these away?

boomman
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Two $20+ winners, a $15 winner, plus a horse at MNR that got beat on the wire at 22-1. Makes for a nice Holiday. :)

How much longer are you going to give these away?

Ian: As mentioned earlier in this thread, I will continue to send out the complimentary spot plays through 12-31-09. And because several PA members are already receiving the plays at 12:15PM EST each day, I don't think it would be redboarding to share today's stats after a slow day win-wise on Saturday (Based on $2 units)

Win Wagered $56.00 Returned $79.20 R.O.I $1.41
WPS $168.00 Returned $219.40 R.O.I. $1.31
WPS(1-2-4 units)$266.00 Returned $504.40 R.O.I.$1.90

Boomer

bigmack
12-13-2009, 11:49 PM
With all due respect, wouldn't it be more forthright of both Ian & Boomer to disclose their alliance and simply come out and say Boomer would like for you to sign-up for his plays & be placed on a marketing list should you not decide to purchase after the free period? Talk of bandwidth & webmaster seems disingenuous.

In marketing, I've always advised a 'cards face-up on the table' being the well played hand.

boomman
12-14-2009, 12:07 AM
With all due respect, wouldn't it be more forthright of both Ian & Boomer to disclose their alliance and simply come out and say Boomer would like for you to sign-up for his plays & be placed on a marketing list should you not decide to purchase after the free period? Talk of bandwidth & webmaster seems disingenuous.

In marketing, I've always advised a 'cards face-up on the table' being the well played hand.

Mack: And with all due respect to you and your inquiry, it is no secret that Ian and I have a tremendous amount of respect for each other, and that no doubt has been reflected here. But to "put my cards face up on the table" to use your poker analogy, it has ALWAYS been my policy to provide my spot plays via email only, and that will not change. And as for a marketing list, I have not solicited the members here that have requested my spot plays via the free offer, (which I thought would be a nice gesture at the holidays) as the only way they can receive them is to go to my website and formally request them (as many of you already know).When the free offer expires,they will only continue to receive them if they so choose and notify us of that intent. They will NOT be solicited via any "marketing" list...........

Boomer

boomman
12-15-2009, 12:33 AM
FYI: As I said earlier in the thread, looking for consistent solid R.O.I. long-term and have now strung together a couple of nice days on the free spot plays:

Today's highlights:
Mountaineer Race 8
Elusive Surprise $16.20
Turf Paradise Race 7
Bowayne (DH @ 12-1 on the wire) $12.80
5 Winners, 9 ITM finishes in 14 Races
14 Total Plays = Wagered $28.00 Returned $43.20 R.O.I 154%
WPS Wagered $84.00 Returned $117.90 R.O.I.140%

;) Boomer

joeyp
12-15-2009, 10:43 AM
I THINK I'LL PLAY MY OWN PICKS HAD THE $200 EXACTA IN 7TH AT FAIRGROUNDS MONDAY THE 14TH ALONG WITH OTHER WINNERS
THANKS FOR THE OFFER BOOMER

TO SEE MORE OF MY FREEBIES GOOGLE JOEYP'S PONY EXPRESS

judd
12-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I THINK I'LL PLAY MY OWN PICKS HAD THE $200 EXACTA IN 7TH AT FAIRGROUNDS MONDAY THE 14TH ALONG WITH OTHER WINNERS
THANKS FOR THE OFFER BOOMER

TO SEE MORE OF MY FREEBIES GOOGLE JOEYP'S PONY EXPRESS

keep up the good work joey

lamboguy
12-15-2009, 12:20 PM
i have been watching those picks for a week now, some of the horses i couldn't come up with and play with chineese money, yet they have won. i would say you are doing good work, and for trick players these picks would be great.

joeyp
12-15-2009, 12:57 PM
i have been watching those picks for a week now, some of the horses i couldn't come up with and play with chineese money, yet they have won. i would say you are doing good work, and for trick players these picks would be great.

THX FOR COMPLIMEMT BUT I DO HAVE MY OWN SYSTEM I INVENTED AND HAVE BEEN HANDICAPPING OVER 35 YEARS NOW AQND THOST BOMBS I COME UP WITH COME UP ON TOP IN MY SYSTEM. SOMETIMES CHALKS COME UP BUT I WONT FLAT MY TOP CHOICE UNLESS ITS 3-1 OR HIGHER.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND BOOMER

boomman
12-15-2009, 10:34 PM
Down on Win only and wps today but still in the black on wps (1-2-4 units) for the 3rd straight day, and 8/14 in the $ today...........

Win Only Wagered $28.00 Returned $19.00 ROI 0.68
WPS Wagered $84.00 Returned $65.20 ROI 0.78
WPS(1-2-4) Wagered $140.00 Returned $154.60 ROI $1.10

Boomer

boomman
12-16-2009, 08:41 AM

Lambo: Thanks and of course, one of my goals with the spot plays is to come up with that type of horse that you speak of that sort of "flies under the radar" and not only pick winners, but to get as many horses in the money as possible. A lot of hard work goes into these and it's always satisfying to know that the work is appreciated........;)

Boomer