PDA

View Full Version : Saints

Quagmire
12-01-2009, 08:50 AM
Great game last night vs the Pats. I would love to see Brees vs Favre in the NFC title game.

OTM Al
12-01-2009, 09:12 AM
It would be interesting if Favre can continue to restrain his ego. Less interceptions this year than he has had in many games in the past. Figuring that will change at a critical time...

cj
12-01-2009, 09:43 AM
Who is MVP this year? Favre? Brees? Chris Johnson? Peyton Manning?

fiveouttasix
12-01-2009, 10:06 AM
MVP could be any one of these guys you mentioned. Last 5 games will tell the story. What if Vince Young wins out with the Titans... He would have to be considered also.

DanG
12-01-2009, 12:21 PM
That was some serious / physical football by New Orleans. I keep waiting for the past Saints tackling to show up and they keep getting stronger.

BTW: 95% of the time Moss is the most dangerous wide-out in football, but when he is hit early (like Sharper hit him) he has thrown up the white flag before….and to a degree he did last night imo. Pat’s are so young (hurt) in so many spots and it showed when they walked into a very sharp team playing on serious adrenaline.

Good for the city of NO…they deserve to enjoy this.

Valuist
12-01-2009, 02:49 PM
I think Manning is MVP. Minnesota is absolutely loaded with talent on both sides of the ball, and New Orleans is right there with them. Manning is making stars out of guys like Austin Collie and Pierre Garcon. They still can't run the ball and aren't great at stopping the run. But as long as they have Peyton, they are never out of a game.

Show Me the Wire
12-01-2009, 03:51 PM
After the Patriots defensive display, last night, Belichick is now officially vindicated for his decision to attempt a fourth down conversion against the Colts.

cj
12-01-2009, 05:01 PM
After the Patriots defensive display, last night, Belichick is now officially vindicated for his decision to attempt a fourth down conversion against the Colts.

Excellent point, wish I had thought of it. To be fair, I never thought his decision was as terrible as many did. I probably would have done the same thing.

JBmadera
12-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Who is MVP this year? Favre? Brees? Chris Johnson? Peyton Manning?

my vote is Chris Johnson. he's carrying my FF team on his back.

jb

cj's dad
12-01-2009, 06:31 PM
my vote is Chris Johnson. he's carrying my FF team on his back.

jb

Fantasy Football - the bane of watching games on CBS. Constant scrolls at the bottom of the screen so the FF geeks can be updated instantly on how their "fantasy" guys are doing.

BTW- I know that at least 2 of my 3 sons are FF "geeks" so don't be offended- I'm just hoping there is one left who hasn't fallen into the "fantasy" life. :faint: I should know the answer soon.

Valuist
12-01-2009, 07:16 PM

Wrong. 2 weeks ago, Belichek didn't know his defense would totally melt down against the pass in NO on November 30. Going into the Indy game, the NE defense had not allowed more than 21 points in 7 straight games, and only allowed more than 15 first downs in a game just 3 times in their first 8 games.

OTM Al
12-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Fantasy Football - the bane of watching games on CBS. Constant scrolls at the bottom of the screen so the FF geeks can be updated instantly on how their "fantasy" guys are doing.

BTW- I know that at least 2 of my 3 sons are FF "geeks" so don't be offended- I'm just hoping there is one left who hasn't fallen into the "fantasy" life. :faint: I should know the answer soon.

I like to tell the Fantasy Football players I know that I used to like to play Dungeons and Dragons too back when I had the free time when I was younger. For some reason they just don't seem to get it....

Bochall
12-02-2009, 01:04 PM

Well said...:ThmbUp: FF ruins the way people watch and evaluate football. It individualizes a team sport in viewers' minds and leaves them incapable of identifying the best TEAM, but they know the best PLAYERS (statistically). Saint running backs routinely picked up blitzing Pat backers all night long...no FF points for that. I love the FF quandary when one is starting a QB against their favorite team...inevitably you hear this drivel,"hope he throws 3 TD and loses." Goodness gracious...:rolleyes:

ddog
12-02-2009, 01:22 PM
FF is good for football (even though i don't play at it)in the larger sense it brings some extra eyeballs to the game and the ads.

IT's the natural step in the idol phase of the country as a whole.

A cheap rip off of the game for bucks.

In other words ,the american way.

strapper
12-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Brees has got to be player of the year so far but I haven't seen Favre too much so I don't know for sure. As a Saints fan though I have to stick w/ Brees, leader of the Who Dat Nation! :)

bisket
12-02-2009, 09:51 PM
several posters remarked that the saints were going to good this year, and i didn't think much of it. i'm here to say: good call :ThmbUp: . i'd like to see them go all the way!! :ThmbUp:

PaceAdvantage
12-03-2009, 02:17 AM
FF is good for football (even though i don't play at it)in the larger sense it brings some extra eyeballs to the game and the ads.

In other words ,the american way.If this world ever runs out of Valium, they could always bottle you up...you're such a freakin' downer!

Valuist
12-03-2009, 08:02 AM

In other words ,the american way.

Congratulations. You are probably the first person to make some kind of socio-economic connection to fantasy football.

Valuist
12-03-2009, 08:05 AM
The next question, is it better for a team to lose a game along the way? I think it is. The whole unbeaten thing starts to become a distraction, then there's the added pressure of going unbeaten in the regular season, only to blow it in the post-season (i.e. 2007 New England). The Saints may win the SB, but they will have a battle on their hands in the NFC against the Vikings. If Minny wins, I wouldn't consider it an upset.

Bochall
12-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Saints could lose this week at Wash...dont laugh. They go on the road after a Monday night game (anyone who bets football knows this is historically a tough spot...on road after Mon game)and they are now receiving all the national accolades that their fans have pursued for 40yrs. The party is still on in New Orleans, and having lived there, I can tell you that the folks are almost as hungry for national attention (RESPECT)as they are for a winner. You get the attention by winning, and I'm not sure this club/city can stand prosperity. Gimme the 'Skins and the points...oh yeah, the Skins are a home team getting more than ten points on the line...yet another strong betting angle. All we need now is some snow, sleet and mud in DC.

Show Me the Wire
12-03-2009, 11:12 PM
Wrong. 2 weeks ago, Belichek didn't know his defense would totally melt down against the pass in NO on November 30. Going into the Indy game, the NE defense had not allowed more than 21 points in 7 straight games, and only allowed more than 15 first downs in a game just 3 times in their first 8 games.

You say it with so much conviction. Any "hows" that is not what I said. I said the poor performance against the Saints validated his past decision. You know like a key race. Subsequent performances validate the original performance. In this case it was his decision that was validated.

He is the coach and he has much more insight about how his team will play. The past performance like horse handicapping does not insure the same future performance against the Colts or anybody else.

NJ Stinks
12-04-2009, 02:45 AM
The next question, is it better for a team to lose a game along the way? I think it is. The whole unbeaten thing starts to become a distraction, then there's the added pressure of going unbeaten in the regular season, only to blow it in the post-season (i.e. 2007 New England).

I've been thinking about this too.

That's why I think the Colts are going down this week. They already clinched the division, have a 3 game lead for home field throughout the playoffs, and still have Jets and Bills on their schedule. Whereas the Titans are playing for a playoff spot again this week.

cj
12-04-2009, 11:21 AM
I don't think the whole unbeaten thing hurt New England. They did win the AFC and had the two weeks rest before the Super Bowl. They just ran into a team that was very hot and also got a little lucky.

DanG
12-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Saints could lose this week at Wash...dont laugh. They go on the road after a Monday night game (anyone who bets football knows this is historically a tough spot...on road after Mon game)and they are now receiving all the national accolades that their fans have pursued for 40yrs. The party is still on in New Orleans, and having lived there, I can tell you that the folks are almost as hungry for national attention (RESPECT)as they are for a winner. You get the attention by winning, and I'm not sure this club/city can stand prosperity. Gimme the 'Skins and the points...oh yeah, the Skins are a home team getting more than ten points on the line...yet another strong betting angle. All we need now is some snow, sleet and mud in DC.
Very good call...:ThmbUp::ThmbUp: