PDA

View Full Version : What tracks do you play?

penguinfan
06-11-2003, 06:10 PM
With simulcasting and the ability to play over the internet the choices abound, so where do you play and why ?

Most of you know I play Mountaineer, because I think the opportunity to catch very nice overlays still exists there. You can tell people are catching on because the exotics don't pay what you would think they should, but the win odds are still ripe for the picking.

Penguinfan

penguinfan
06-11-2003, 07:10 PM
Wow 23 views and noboby plays a track? No wonder the take-out is rising at most tracks, not enough wagerers to make a living.

Penguinfan

Buddha
06-11-2003, 07:16 PM
I usually play Mountaineer, and then occasionally So. Cal, Delaware. No real reason to playing the others, just kinda like the racing at Delaware, and So. Cal has nice horses, just too short of fields to play very often.

cj
06-11-2003, 08:12 PM
I play the following:

NYRA and SoCal nearly every day.

Occasionally, Maryland (no Colonial), NoCal (not the fairs), Illinois, Lone Star, Calder, and Turfway.

The main reason I play these is my records show I consistently do well there.

I stink at Churchill and Keeneland on the Kentucky circuit, and the Gulfstream meet as well. I have learned to be very selective on the types of races I play there.

CJ

Show Me the Wire
06-11-2003, 09:31 PM
I follow CD and AP now. I do not bet CRC too many sharp players, especially those key race guys and Chinese Double guys, not to mention the jock agent guys. Okay, I am bad.

Regards,
Show Me the Wire

Perception is reality

Tom
06-11-2003, 10:08 PM
None right now - am on hiatus, excpet for the Belmont.
But normally, anything that is on TVG, thoroughbred, harness, quarter horse (not into mules and arabians yet).
Also, Pen, WO, Del, Hou, LA, Batavia/Buffalo, Med (H), Tam.

Starting to get real interested in Quarter horses - thier website has a lot of good articles and the races are playable. Just learning right now, but it is new, different, and gives me a break from the T-Bred grind (much needed).

ranchwest
06-12-2003, 12:11 AM
PIM, PEN, PHA, WO, FE, LS, AP, CT, DEL right now.

kenwoodall
06-12-2003, 05:10 AM
I like Ca, TX, Il, and KY weekdays mostly. Ca fairs mey run "fair" as there is a new pricemaker and favorites ran 1st or 2nd today.

hurrikane
06-12-2003, 06:58 AM
anywhere I can get at least 6-1 and the pool is big enough to handle a $200 bet. That's out of the db.

As for the fun stuff...GP..loved this last meet. Full fields and juicy triples. I slammed CRC last meet but not having much fun this time...I've kind of given them a rest.

KY, I like Kentucky racing and I'm not sure why. Probably the full fields. KEE killed me but I've made it back at CD. I usually have a lot of fun at Ellis..we'll see.

NY. So Cal. NoCAl, MD, It's almost impossible to get a price horse or a full field at any of these places. I keep my eye on them but seldom can find a bet. I will play the P4s there...great pools.

MNR is my fav longshot track but you gotta put down the serious money and just go have fun. I think the exotics pay low because they just don't have the pools. Mostly win betting and nothing under 10-1.

Speaking of which, I was watching MNR the other night and I did'nt see that idiot loading horses..maybe he got fired.

Zaf
06-12-2003, 08:37 AM
During the week I play the night tracks,

MNR, CT, EVD, PEN, LS

On the weekends I play

CD, HOL, BEL

ZAFONIC

Valuist
06-12-2003, 09:27 AM
I play the Chicago and Kentucky circuits most of the year, Gulfstream from Jan-April and sometimes New York.

alysheba88
06-12-2003, 09:51 AM
NYRA tracks and Monmouth

so.cal.fan
06-12-2003, 11:50 AM
Santa Anita
Hollywood Park
Del Mar
Fairplex
Oak Tree at Santa Anita
Hollywood fall

I bet on track only.....with the exception of Del Mar.....I go to Santa Anita and watch the simulcast.....YUK
I also watch the races from Lone Star sometimes in the evening, they have good races and I love their announcer, but I don't bet them.;)

Skanoochies
06-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Woodbine, Belmont occasionally, So. Cal. in the wintertime, and my favorite bullring in the summer, Hastings Park. Trying to get a handle on Mountaineer lately, but something seems awfully different about this place. But some great prices if you can figure it out I guess.

Good luck all wherever you play.:)

Skanoochies. (P.S. been in major slump lately so may back off for a while.)

PaceAdvantage
06-12-2003, 06:08 PM
Right now, I'm only playing tracks that have, or will host a Breeders' Cup......

CumberlandBluesHSH
06-12-2003, 06:21 PM
Mostly WO & PEN cuz I play most on Wednesday nights. On the weekends when I get to play - there's always another race somewhere in 5 minutes...I'll play anywhere. Mostly my 2 Wed tracks, NYRA, Maryland, DEL, Illinois & Kentucky.....but depending on how efficiently I'm working that day I'll happily throw in a few more tracks than that.

so.cal.fan
06-13-2003, 12:10 AM
Why is that, PA?

Tee
06-13-2003, 01:28 AM
I play these tracks for the most part. I will make a play elsewhere if something catches my eye, but since I have quit going to the local otb I don't get a chance to look at someone else's pp's to find those plays.

So Cal
Belmont/Saratoga
Churchill/Keeneland
Gulfstream
Lone Star/Sam Houston
Hoosier Park
Oaklawn

Suff
06-13-2003, 06:16 AM
I play Circuits. With a Rough % of what action I give them.

NYRA 70%
Florida 15%
Maryland 10%
California 4%
Anywhere thats Going when I feel like playing 1%

PaceAdvantage
06-13-2003, 09:58 AM
I was playing too many tracks....so in order to cut down, I set an arbitrary rule.....BC or no play...LOL

Seriously though, I find that since I limited my play to these tracks, I am getting more quality plays (and by plays, I mean valid overlays)

==PA

so.cal.fan
06-13-2003, 11:17 AM
PA
That's a good reason.
I know a lot of you guys use computer programs, and I'm sure that helps keep up with all these tracks you can play.
Do any of you use computer programs to follow Stakes and Handicaps only?
I remember reading a book by James Quinn a few years back addressing this very subject.
Quinn claims there are value=profits to be made following this route.

ranchwest
06-13-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by so.cal.fan
PA
That's a good reason.
I know a lot of you guys use computer programs, and I'm sure that helps keep up with all these tracks you can play.
Do any of you use computer programs to follow Stakes and Handicaps only?
I remember reading a book by James Quinn a few years back addressing this very subject.
Quinn claims there are value=profits to be made following this route.

Which book is that? I do well with stakes races.

so.cal.fan
06-13-2003, 02:13 PM
Damn, I can't remember the name of the book, Ranch
Someone help us out?
Came out around the mid nineties.......never got a lot of hype, but was one of his most interesting. Lots of good ideas, probably out of date a bit, now, but the idea behind it was very interesting.
Quinn maintains you can follow these graded stakes, all over the country, and get great overlays.
I never really followed through with researching it, mostly because of other pursuits.....but I always had a hunch there was something to it.

GameTheory
06-13-2003, 02:30 PM
The Handicapper's Stakes Festival?

so.cal.fan
06-13-2003, 02:32 PM
Thanks, GT
That's it.
Found it on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/ix=books&rank=%2Bpmrank&fqp=keywords%01James%20Quinn&nsp=score%01proj-unit-sales&sz=10&pg=3/ref=s_b_np/104-9179445-3932760

Zaf
06-13-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by GameTheory
The Handicapper's Stakes Festival?

Opinions anyone ? Is this a worthwhile read ?

ZAFONIC

Shacopate
06-14-2003, 01:03 PM
In the spring I like to focus on tracks that have key preps for the Derby. Such as: GP, AQU, BEL, KEE, FG, SA.

After Derby, I'm strickly Churchill and 3-year old stakes races, because I follow the road (who doesn't) to the Derby very closely.

Summer is Delmar and Saratoga. Ellis and AP to catch some Churchill horses I like.

In the fall I play Keeneland, Belmont, Oak Tree, leading up to the Breeders Cup. Keeping an eye up north and over the pond.

Bluenose
06-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Calder, Monmouth and GLD mainly. Concentrate on the lower grade stuff.:cool: