PDA

View Full Version : Gerhart

rrbauer
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Don't remember seeing this guy stand out before the game on Saturday night against Notre Dame (I don't see many Stanford games) but watching him run in that game reminded me of Jim Brown when he was with Syracuse. Breakaway speed, running over people and taking half the opposing team to bring him down.

Maybe it was the competition. He carries a lot of upper-body weight. Hope his knees stay sound.

Quagmire
11-30-2009, 10:52 AM
He had a nice game and even threw a TD pass. Granted the ND defense is horrible, but Gerhart has strong numbers and should definitely be a Heisman contender along with McCoy and Ingram.

cj
11-30-2009, 11:14 AM
He had a nice game and even threw a TD pass. Granted the ND defense is horrible, but Gerhart has strong numbers and should definitely be a Heisman contender along with McCoy and Ingram.

I think he is the top guy right now. McCoy ahead of Tebow? I don't see that.

Quagmire
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM
McCoy ahead of Tebow? I don't see that.

I'm probably giving McCoy too much credit for his game the other night. I just checked his stats and see that he almost doubled his season rushing total with the 175 yards he had. I didn't realize he had so few rushing yards before that game.

sandpit
12-01-2009, 04:57 PM
I'm probably giving McCoy too much credit for his game the other night. I just checked his stats and see that he almost doubled his season rushing total with the 175 yards he had. I didn't realize he had so few rushing yards before that game.

Yep, but when he throws the ball with the accuracy he does, why run? It's almost like P. Manning or Brees and the precision they deliver the ball with.

CBedo
12-01-2009, 08:06 PM
I think Ingram and Spiller lost their shot at the Heisman last week. My top four (in no particular order) are McCoy, Gerhard, Tebow & Clausen. I think McCoy deserves it, but I think Tebow wins it.

If Nebraska were to upset Texas and Suh had a monster game, I'd put him in there, but that's just my "I love defense" mentality.