PDA

View Full Version : At last TVG has annoyed me....

OTM Al
11-29-2009, 12:04 AM
Well its almost December and this time I'm a little ticked with them. Not with the TV channel but with the ADW. I got a TVG account to cover the part of international racing that Twin Spires doesn't cover. Tonight I'm all ready to play the Japan Cup card and guess what? Evidently New York residents can't play it through TVG. Now I'm full well aware that this is likely due to NY State law protecting those wonderful OTBs that are a major root cause of the problems in NY racing. My TVG account is technically a Yonkers account and not a real one and I could have played other international races today from several tracks, but not the one they've been hyping for weeks now on TV that's a great card. Wish the web site had said something about that instead of just not saying anything at all.

Oh well, I'll watch on TVG and play on Twin Spires, who fortunately picked up the wagering on the Cup a couple days ago. Fortunately I still have a few $ left over in that one. Guess that TVG account won't get much use for a couple more months. Their loss. Might just have to drop a little complaint their way though. So now the official stance is

TV station: Still like
ADW: Not so good

Wasn't Betfair supposed to be a wonderful customer friendly organization?

samyn on the green
11-29-2009, 03:59 AM
TVG actually deals with NY state while the other ADW's do as they please within New York state. It is almost like driving around a Ferrari and getting pulled over by a beat cop. The other ADWs kept driving and they do as they please - TVG stopped and now capitulates to New York state beat cops on things like which tracks they can show. It is all about protecting OTB and keeping those political patronage jobs going.

toetoe
11-29-2009, 11:46 AM
... likely due to NY State law protecting those wonderful OTBs that are a major root cause of the problems in NY racing ...

Well put. :ThmbUp:

Unions and even gangsters have no better deal than this. :ThmbDown: .

Tom
11-29-2009, 12:12 PM
No excuse for them not mentioning that......just too pre-occupied with being idiots on camera. At least on Monday and Tuesday, the empty heads are off and a real handicapper is on - Rich Perloff.

OTM Al
11-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Not sure you can blame the on air guys. Why would you think something like this would be the case unless you were told? Clearly there isn't good communication between the ADW side and the TV side. Wonder if other states have to deal with this mess, though I guess from the sound of things, Jersey won't even let it's citizens have an account. Ridiculous that adults can't spend their money in the way they please.

Canarsie
11-29-2009, 01:54 PM
No excuse for them not mentioning that......just too pre-occupied with being idiots on camera. At least on Monday and Tuesday, the empty heads are off and a real handicapper is on - Rich Perloff.

Couldn't agree more it's the only time I can watch for three hours straight. :ThmbUp:

feelup1963
11-29-2009, 02:00 PM
why would people who live new york opened a tvg account? they are just 2 xpensive.nycotb is much better there is NO FEES. :ThmbUp:

OTM Al
11-29-2009, 03:29 PM
why would people who live new york opened a tvg account? they are just 2 xpensive.nycotb is much better there is NO FEES. :ThmbUp:

International racing that is carried by At The Races. TVG has a deal with them and they are exclusive to several tracks. If you don't care about this, then there is no point. I likely will never bet on a domestic track with TVG

samyn on the green
11-30-2009, 01:02 AM
Doesn't OTB tax you 5% on your winnings if your balance is below a certain nuber($300$). why would people who live new york opened a tvg account? they are just 2 xpensive.nycotb is much better there is NO FEES. :ThmbUp: