PDA

View Full Version : Formulator Questions

Sherry
11-26-2009, 09:29 PM
I just started using drf formulator online and can't get the customized trainer patterns to pop up. Are they available with the web version im using? And also, do enhanced formulator pps somewhere include running style profiles for various distances?

Steve 'StatMan'
11-26-2009, 09:44 PM
The Enhanced versions and above will allow access to the Trainer Profiles. The Basic Version does not - just gives trainer and trainer & jockey combo info.

Enhanced versions and above also come with Moss Pace Figure information (can turn that on and off) I haven't used that too much, but you might get some running style info out of that.

garyoz
11-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I just started using drf formulator online and can't get the customized trainer patterns to pop up. Are they available with the web version im using? And also, do enhanced formulator pps somewhere include running style profiles for various distances?

If you are using the Deluxe PP's make sure that your browser isn't blocking pop-ups. Also, I don't believe that the DRF does running style track models (like BRIS). They do winning post position by distance. IMHO, the running style models can be misleading--track bias is so much a day-to-day thing. I prefer to eyeball charts for the preceding few days.

bisket
11-27-2009, 05:05 PM
when playing a track i always look at charts from the past few days to see how races are running. i always look at the weather also; from the past few days into the end of the day i'm going to play. if its rained for a few days, but not enough to comprimise the surface. when the track drys it'll be really fast because most likely they sealed the track to keep the base in good shape. i'm gonna play aqueduct tomorrow so i'll be looking closely at the weather, and also the amount of wind thats predicted. wind will dry the surface much quicker. in a case like this if the track drys by post time. i'll look very closely at how the races are running at the beginning of the day because it could very well be a differencxe from the previous two days.

you need the deluxe pps.