PDA

View Full Version : There can be only one...

joanied
11-26-2009, 12:00 PM
"The verdict is in. By a 2-1 margin, Eclipse voters will be able to write only one horse’s name down for Horse of the Year. So be it. Now, we just have to brace for the nuclear shock wave that will spread across the land when the overzealous supporters of the loser make a mad dash to their computers to express their outrage. I for one have already finished constructing my fallout shelter and will remain in hiding until the cataclysmic event has passed. And that will only happen until the first scent of roses cleanses the air and diverts our attention to the first Saturday in May".

So, that's it....all of us that hoped for a dual HoY are outta luck...IMO, this is a bad decision...it's not like we'd have to be concerned that we'd often have a situation like this...how many times have we had two horses that really, really deserved HoY at the same time...not often, and probably won't happen again for years & years...IMO, this is going to backfire:ThmbDown:

Now we have to decide...which one, which one:confused:

cj
11-26-2009, 01:12 PM
While I've put up a case for Rachel most times, I don't think too many of us will be losing any sleep over the decision no matter which way it goes.

domino1891
11-26-2009, 03:17 PM
I heard it from a friend that jess Jackson had shipped a caseof his finest to each voter.
(REO Speedwagon is playing in the background.)

If I had a vote, I'd be more swayed if Mr Moss sent me a boxed set of all ov Sting's albums. Do you hear me, Mr. Moss?

Joanie, what happened to your Foolish Pleasure tribute website? It was nice.

michiken
11-26-2009, 06:20 PM
Is it time for 'Dirt Horse of Year' , 'Poly Horse of the Year' and 'Turf Horse of the Year' with equal weights for all?

Fingal
11-27-2009, 01:43 AM
It's a bad decision. Racing could have done something to honor the year of two great once in a lifetime girls, but no. Either way HOY voting comes out, it's going to tick off one group of fans, & potentialy turn off new fans that were drawn in to either Rachel or Zenyatta by saying " your horse's accomplishments didn't mean anything. "

RichieP
11-27-2009, 07:43 AM
I heard it from a friend that Jess Jackson had shipped a case of his finest to each voter.

:lol::ThmbUp:

joanied
11-27-2009, 03:58 PM
I heard it from a friend that jess Jackson had shipped a caseof his finest to each voter.

If I had a vote, I'd be more swayed if Mr Moss sent me a boxed set of all ov Sting's albums. Do you hear me, Mr. Moss?

Joanie, what happened to your Foolish Pleasure tribute website? It was nice.

Maybe the voters will drink enough wine, get drunk and give the award to both Z & Rachel:lol:

Thanks for the compliment, domino1891...I was hard to do, and broke my heart, but I couldn't come up with the money to keep my site going...once I had to close it down, I felt like I was in mourning.
But, sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, even though it ain't easy:faint:
I just hope the ol' boy isn't looking down from Horse Heaven wanting to kick me!!

Zman179
11-27-2009, 04:39 PM
While I've put up a case for Rachel most times, I don't think too many of us will be losing any sleep over the decision no matter which way it goes.

If Zenyatta wins, I will probably lose about 20 minutes worth.