PDA

View Full Version : Hillary for President?

Dave Schwartz
06-10-2003, 09:12 PM
The other night I watched Barbara Walters interview Hillary Clinton.

My wife and I had a very interesting discussion about Hillary (or another woman) running for President. That is what prompted this question.

Lefty
06-10-2003, 11:57 PM
She and Bill live in a house they didn't buy.
Made investments in which they incurred no risk.
She wrote a book of over 500 pages but when she was before a Grand Jury she had no memory.
And they want to put Martha Stewart in jail. Gimme a brk.

Dave Schwartz
06-11-2003, 12:15 AM
Maybe I should have added another possibility... Could you not vote for Hillary. I know I certainly could not vote for her, but I could vote for a woman under the right circumstances.

Dave

hdcper
06-11-2003, 01:00 AM
Please consider this only a joke, no my opinion!

Jesse Jackson asked God if a black man would ever be president.

And God said not in your life time Jesse.

He then ask God if a woman would ever be president.

And God said not in my life time Jesse!

so.cal.fan
06-11-2003, 10:23 AM
How about Connie Rice? If she ran against Hillary.........Hillary would not have much "ammo" against her! LOL

Lefty
06-11-2003, 12:27 PM
Yes, I could vote for a strong conservative woman but not a weak liberal woman like Hillary.
I loved the part of the interview where Hillary said she consulted with Jackie O. Perfect! 2 broads who KNEW their husbands were cheating and both to weak-willed to divorce them.

so.cal.fan
06-11-2003, 12:49 PM
A lot of people think Connie Rice runs the country anyway, Lefty.
I have to think she would be a great VP choice for Bush......dump Cheney....pick up Rice.....then Rice could run in '08.........and would be extremely hard for the Democrats to come up with a strong candidate.....in fact, I'll bet this exact scenario is Hillary's worst nightmare.....she wouldn't be able to beat Rice.
I am a registered Democrat and at this time, I believe I would vote for Rice.......so I do not speak with any conservative bias.

PaceAdvantage
06-11-2003, 01:20 PM
This poll seems flawed....is it a poll that asks IN GENERAL would you vote for a woman, or is it a poll asking if you would vote for Hillary. Based on the title of this thread, I think a few people might have taken the poll to mean would you vote for Hillary....

In any event, I would have absolutely no problem voting for a woman for president if I thought she were the best candidate...

andicap
06-11-2003, 01:56 PM
I'm always confused when this issue arises. Didn't Margaret Thatcher and Indira Gandhi show it was possible for a strong woman to lead and change a country (tho I didn't agree with "The Iron Lady" politically, you certainly had to respect her resolve, strength and ideals as a person.)?

When we dismiss the idea of a woman for president aren't we showing the same sexism that some extremist religious show when they make women wear veils or forbid them the same rights as men?

I'm a liberal who's not sure he would support Hillary for president. First of all, no way she could win unless the country was in a depression or something with a Republican president in 2008. Way, way too much baggage, too much of a lightning rod instead of a healer, leader type. She's done a good job in the Senate (even conservatives have praised her work there -- no doubt she's bright, talented, hard-working), but there are a lot of good Senators.
Second, how has she proven she has the leadership skills to be president? That's why senators never get elected president and governors do. (EXCEPT FOR JFK, a sitting senator has not been elected president in more than 100 years -- Benjamin Harrison, who BTW actually lost the popular vote.)

Democrats need an attractive, charismatic moderate-liberal (liberal on social issues, more conservative on fiscal ones) governor. After all Bush was elected as a moderate conservative ex-governor (tho he turned out to be very conservative.)

Where Clinton blew it (besides his loose zipper) was forgetting why he was elected. He was elected as a moderate southerner and the first thing he tried to do was insure gay rights in the military. I'm all for that -- but to spend political capital and make it your FIRST issue to take a stance on was unbelievably incompetant. Those first missteps cost him Congress in '94 and let to the impeachment.

Clinton also treated the White House press like shit from the start -- the media can be won over, believe me, with access, nice words, fair treatment, schmoozing. Look at how much the media loved John McCain. The Clinton yahoos failed to grasp this (President Carter made the same mistake two decades earlier.), and had no friends to fall back on when times got tough with the health insurance fiasco and then Whitewater and Monica. They had few defenders because of the high-handed way they treated the media from the start.

If Howard Dean had any money he might qualify -- he's not as liberal as his backers want people to believe (in the Democratic primaries you want to come out a bit more liberal than you actually are to reach the base that votes and contributes money.)
If you look at his record, Dean was pretty conservative fiscally as governor of VT, liberal on social issues (where I think most Americans are these days), moderate to liberal on the environment (not a "crazy" type, someone who business could deal with and knew the value of compromising in order to get jobs, but sympathetic to ecological ideas), and actually pro-gun ownership (but not attack rifles!).
True, he was against the war -- but hey, so was Pat Buchanan! That's hardly an ultra- liberal litmus test. At least he had the guts to say so and still say so, as opposed to the wussy other Dems who have been fudging the issue (except for Lieberman who was always pro-war).
Dean's major weakness is a lack of experience on foreign policy.

so.cal.fan
06-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Andicap

What do you think of our senator from Calif. Dianne Feinstein?
Could she have any chance?

Now, I asked Andicap, all you conservatives need not answer.
:p :p :p

andicap
06-11-2003, 03:41 PM
I always thought she had the capabilities, but as a Jewish woman, that would be too difficult at this point in time. She's rather moderate (yes, conservatives would call her a flaming liberal, but she's a more moderate than other liberals in the Senate -- it's all relative.) and a smart lady.
She was considered for the VP spot a few times -- probably not seriously given her religion, but her name was raised in the media at least.
As usual the Dems screwed up when they named their female VP in '84 naming a woman with a sleazy husband (shady real estate dealings in NYC).

so.cal.fan
06-11-2003, 04:06 PM
The Dems do not have many choice candidates, andicap.
They got their asses kicked in the last election because they didn't get it........most people are not on the same page with the left wing of the party.
You watch- the smart politicians will start getting more conservative, especially, Hillary Clinton.
If the Dems put up a left wing candidate against Bush....they will get about the same vote as Barry Goldwater got in '64.
If they run a more moderate candidate....they will get more votes but still lose....but they will set themselves up for a victory in '08.
They need to clarify their positions for those of us who would like a choice, as long as it is a reasonable one.

Tom
06-11-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by PaceAdvantage
....In any event, I would have absolutely no problem voting for a woman for president if I thought she were the best candidate...

Me too. And let me know just as soon as she is born! :rolleyes:

JustRalph
06-11-2003, 09:22 PM
If Rudy wants Hillary's Job in 06 it's his. He then can sit back and decide on 08 for President. He could always wait in case Conde Rice ends up Governor of Calif. or where-ever. Or he partners with her and they run in 08 or 12. She succeeds Rudy and we are covered until about 2010. Who the hell knows what happens though. It could all change tomorrow if the Terrorist's attack again.

Lefty
06-11-2003, 09:36 PM
So. Cal Fan, I am proud of my conservative bias. I don't like liberal ideas...they have already wrecked education and health care.
If we elect Hillary then we might just as well start calling ourselves the Soviet Union.

freeneasy
06-11-2003, 10:08 PM
she could ride, rope, race, bulldog, cuss, fuss, fk, and fight, and best of all she could put one between your eyes while standing on her horse at a full gallop, now if were going to have a women for president then those are the kind of qualities id like to see, as well as men too.:D

freeneasy
06-11-2003, 10:18 PM
cause if this country ever gets a girl like that to run for president, then i say give her the job, you can sew my buttons on later:D

gino
06-12-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Lefty
So. Cal Fan, I am proud of my conservative bias. I don't like liberal ideas...they have already wrecked education and health care.
If we elect Hillary then we might just as well start calling ourselves the Soviet Union.
why badmouth the long gone russki's, we'll just be called the United States of Arkansas...

doophus
06-12-2003, 08:53 AM
Vote for Hillary? Nah!!

On this board she couldn't even beat Monica.

Include the Golda Meier (sp?) type in the list of "other sex" (naturally female) candidates for whom I would vote.

Wouldn't it be great to have a Maggie Thatcher/Golda Meier ticket? I promise that I would vote multiple times.

Larry Hamilton
06-12-2003, 11:05 AM
It's inevitable. They (women) have most of the money and all of the _______. How can they lose anything?

Frankly, I have no use for a woman trying to look/act like a man. They do just fine being women.

Having said all that, there is a line in the movie "Let It Ride" that sums up my feelings about Hillary--"Not in this lifetime"

Oh shit, it just occured to me the horse that that line was about WON the damned race!!!

Lefty
06-15-2003, 08:26 PM
I'm looking at the Poll nos. and I got a feeling the liberals done "stuffed" the "ballot box" again.

doophus
06-15-2003, 10:50 PM
I'm looking at the Poll nos. and I got a feeling the liberals done "stuffed" the "ballot box" again.

Don't think so although they tried real hard. Looks to me like a 17 to 12 victory for the "other female." That, I think, gives the unknown female about 58.6% of the total vote--after the libs stuffed the box.

Lefty
06-16-2003, 12:21 AM
Ooops, didn't notice that part. Thanks Doophus; now I feel a little better.

Big Bill
06-16-2003, 07:42 AM
Since this thread has to do with women in politics I thought those of you who might have missed these late night talk show hosts'gems would appreciate reading them:

Hillary has called for a senate inquiry to review the credibility of the intelligence used to justify the war and if people were misled. And if there’s one thing the Clinton’s won’t stand for, it’s misleading the American people.

Last night I was watching the Discovery Channel and the male fruit fly can mate 1,000 times per day – and the female fruit fly just wrote a 600-page book about it.

Janet Reno said that this year she’s determined to
find out who the smart ass is who sends her that
Father’s Day card every year.

Big Bill

kenwoodall
06-16-2003, 12:22 PM
If Hillary ever wins, Bill's official title will be First Lady-Killer.

Lefty
06-16-2003, 01:09 PM
Simon and Schuster has come "clean" and says they DIDNOT print One Million copies of her book, and that it was sufficient to just SAY they did.
Reporters' canvass of book stores reveals most sold 6-7 copies apiece so not possible 200,000 copies sold first day. First guy in line to buy her book has now been found out to be a democratic aide.
And she not only didn't write the book, it's doubtful she even wrote it.
And her book tour is on the taxpayers of NY's "dime"

Tom
06-16-2003, 09:32 PM
And her book tour is on the taxpayers of NY's "dime"

Bill and Hill have never had to earn a living - both have always been taken care of by whatever level of governemnt they were infecting at the time. It is only natural that she would be out touring on my tax dollars - that is that whores do. They are the perfect liberal couple-not only do they expect someone else to pay thier way, they want to go first class. As New York taxpayer, I want to puke....and in her direction. She is a disgusting leech who contributes nothing. To say she did not know Billy-boy was cheating on her until the day he admitted it only confirms one thing...she is either a liar or an idiot.

doophus
06-16-2003, 09:54 PM
Tom's avatar...

Tom:

Does your avatar show you "talking" w/YouBet or are you taking your annual in the Ganges? <g>

Looks like a bunch of muddy water; a rare sight down here.

Tom
06-16-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by doophus
Tom's avatar...

Tom:

... or are you taking your annual in the Ganges? <g>

Looks like a bunch of muddy water; a rare sight down here.

Funny one.....actually, it is photo of a guy in a flood, Texas maybe?
I used it on Belmont day as the track super calling in the track condition to Barcaly Tagg.
Time to find a new one....this one is dated.

Lefty
06-16-2003, 11:56 PM
Correction of typo "Not only did she not write the book it's doubtful she even wrote it" That should be: "It's doubtful she even read it."
Tom, She's a liar, cause one of the Demo mucketymucks(forget his name)has a book out too saying he told her and she was in on the strategy to defuse the situation.
And when he was running the first time it was her, Hillary, who said," Bimbos would be coming out of the woodwork" and she helped with that defusement also.

Dave Schwartz
06-17-2003, 12:35 PM
LOL - I got this in an email this morning. It was entitled "Dear Abby."

Warning: Diehard-liberals without a sense of humor should proceed cautiously.
++++++++
My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning. When I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse is everyone knows he cheats on me. It is so humiliating! Also, since he lost his job two years ago he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does is sit around the living room in his underwear and watch TV while I work to pay the bills. And since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me. He keeps calling me a lesbian. What should I do? Signed Clueless

Dear Clueless: Dump him. You're a New York senator now. You don't need him anymore.

Tom
06-17-2003, 09:53 PM
I would love to see a Hell in a Cell match between Hillary and Janet Reno. 10-1 Janet sets her on fire. :rolleyes: