PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Grandstand Is Open

samyn on the green
11-25-2009, 05:52 PM
Someone posted last week that the Aqueduct grandstand was closed. That was misinformation. I made my first trip down there today and the grandstand was indeed open. Most of the grandstand is closed but there are two sections open for the 30 or so people that watch the races outside. A few camera phone pics from the foggy and gray day. The power perch was wide open for business.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zoiPyRqht7s/Sw2yXC9VqPI/AAAAAAAAAsU/-ZKTNs83TIc/25NOV.AQUoutside.jpeg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zoiPyRqht7s/Sw2yXI-7K3I/AAAAAAAAAsc/XgEqOp2dp-o/25NOV.GS.jpeg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_zoiPyRqht7s/Sw2yXdQ6KqI/AAAAAAAAAsg/GWva6c6m1BM/25NOV.turf.jpeg

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zoiPyRqht7s/Sw2yXHFB6UI/AAAAAAAAAsY/prhMraywj3U/25NOV.tkt.jpeg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo35/4a/9a/a6ead6d3e4a5__1259161497000.jpeg

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo10/cb/ac/f40920f1e475__1259161536000.jpeg

(http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/C9_eZoj5TSQqUjlVQxgQRA?feat=directlink)

macguy
11-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Perhaps it was just a temporary closure?

Tom
11-25-2009, 06:02 PM
Ironic, isn't it?

The GRANDSTAND is open but the thread about it is CLOSED! :lol:

samyn on the green
11-25-2009, 06:08 PM
Maybe, or maybe it was so empty it just seemed closed! Perhaps it was just a temporary closure?

PaceAdvantage
11-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Perhaps it was just a temporary closure?Perhaps the original poster (tzipi in that other thread) was exaggerating just a tad....

tzipi
11-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Perhaps the original poster (tzipi in that other thread) was exaggerating just a tad....

FIRST OF ALL I said the part before the wire is closed during the week,SO I did not make it up! Jesus :rolleyes:

There is not ONE pic in that bunch from the apron in front of the wire. Hmmm
I go there almost every day. Do not tell me I'm just making up lies for the sake of it. They do CLOSE off the grandstand during the week.
Go check again where he's taking the pictures from. But ok,I'm making up stuff and exaggerating. Go tell the person to take a picture from the GRANDSTAND APRON during the week and some weekends.

Yup,I'm totally making up the big wooden fences that are chained up before the actual grandstand. Part of my whole plan. Someone visits the track on day,I'm there everyday and will tell you NONE of those pics are from the grandstand apron.

samyn on the green
11-25-2009, 08:26 PM
It was most likely just a misunderstanding. My concern was with the 3rd floor grandstand, which still has two sections open right near the wire and over the paddock. I think the apron was closed as nobody was there. The place was mostly empty, it was a Wednesday after all. FIRST OF ALL I said the part before the wire is closed during the week,SO I did not make it up! Jesus :rolleyes:

There is not ONE pic in that bunch from the apron in front of the wire. Hmmm
I go there almost every day. Do not tell me I'm just making up lies for the sake of it. They do CLOSE off the grandstand during the week.
Go check again where he's taking the pictures from. But ok,I'm making up stuff and exaggerating. Go tell the person to take a picture from the GRANDSTAND APRON during the week and some weekends.

tzipi
11-25-2009, 08:29 PM
No I understand but to say I just made up a whole thing is ridiculous. This person has not one pic from the grandstand in that lot. Yeah,they might be open over in the 3rd floor(I'll have to check up there) but as I said from post one,the grandstand apron is CLOSED,at least during the week now.

HIS PICS ARE ALL FROM THE WIRE UPSTAIRS. Where's the grandstand apron picture? If he's trying to prove me wrong,why not take a pic from the apron?

PaceAdvantage
11-25-2009, 08:33 PM
No I understand but to say I just made up a whole thing is ridiculous.Yo...Mr. Excitable...point out the post where I stated you made the whole thing up.

tzipi
Ironic, isn't it?

The GRANDSTAND is open but the thread about it is CLOSED! :lol:

If you think it's open during most days then go right ahead and travel there and go to the grandstand. Be my guest. But do not get mad at me.

samyn on the green
All the pics are from the grandstand over the wire except the ticket and the front entrance. You have to access the third floor grandstand from the Manhattan Terrace doors. The pole to the right of the red truck is the wire which was right where everyone in the grandstand sits. No I understand but to say I just made up a whole thing is ridiculous. This person has not one pic from the grandstand in that lot. Yeah,they might be open over in the 3rd floor(I'll have to check up there) but as I said from post one,the grandstand apron is CLOSED,at least during the week now.

HIS PICS ARE ALL FROM AFTER THE WIRE. :bang:

tzipi
11-25-2009, 08:35 PM
Yo...Mr. Excitable...point out the post where I stated you made the whole thing up.

Umm right above. Did you not say I was exagerrating?? I think you did. I did not. It is closed.
If someone is exaggerating,it means they are stretching the truth and making it up.

tzipi
11-25-2009, 08:37 PM
All the pics are from the grandstand over the wire except the ticket and the front entrance. You have to access the third floor grandstand from the Manhattan Terrace doors. The pole to the right of the red truck is the wire which was right where everyone in the grandstand sits.

I said in my post the grandstand apron is closed. It's ridiculous you can not watch the horses come down the stretch from the apron. That's all.
The 3rd floor is not the grandstand apron inside or outside.
I was just saying about defending my post that none of those pictures are even close to grandstand floor or the apron at all.
Sorry just got mad that it was posted I was lying or exagerrating. Why would I?? Just defending myself,like anyone else would.

tzipi
11-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Well I'm not going to defend myself anymore,it's absurd. BUT for people who are thinking of going,you can call Aqueduct and ask them. Anyway:
1st pic: Outside Aqueduct
2nd pic: Clubhouse grandstand
3rd pic: Clubhouse grandstand
4th pic: A aqueduct ticket
5th pic: Clubhouse grandstand
6th pic: 5-10 yrds away from clubhouse restaurant! Clubhouse Grandstand.

Not any pics from grandstand apron. Makes no sense to take pics from clubhouse and clubhouse grandstand near the wire at the edge and then say the grandstand and apron is open??

And for what my post actually meant before these clubhouse pictures(yes clubhouse is open) it is totally absurd most days and every week day you can not watch the races and horses down the stretch from the apron. Maybe because holiday tomorrow,they will. IS'NT that what racings about! Frustrating as a fan.

PaceAdvantage
11-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Umm right above. Did you not say I was exagerrating?? I think you did. I did not. It is closed.Your thread's title was:

"AQUEDUCT GRANDSTAND NOW CLOSED"

Obviously, this is an EXAGGERATION, as proven by samyn on the green. YOUR thread title makes one think the ENTIRE GRANDSTAND IS CLOSED. Samyn's post says otherwise.

Thus, you were exaggerating, were you not? The entire grandstand is apparently NOT closed. Just part of it...

So how am I wrong in saying your thread might have been an exaggeration?

And my exact words were "PERHAPS the original poster was exaggerating JUST A TAD."

How you take that (very accurate) statement and turn it into me condemning you as some sort of pathological liar is absurd.

tzipi
11-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Your thread's title was:

"AQUEDUCT GRANDSTAND NOW CLOSED"

Obviously, this is an EXAGGERATION, as proven by samyn on the green. YOUR thread title makes one think the ENTIRE GRANDSTAND IS CLOSED. Samyn's post says otherwise.

Thus, you were exaggerating, were you not? The entire grandstand is apparently NOT closed. Just part of it...

So how am I wrong in saying your thread might have been an exaggeration?

And my exact words were "PERHAPS the original poster was exaggerating JUST A TAD."

How you take that (very accurate) statement and turn it into me condemning you as some sort of pathological liar is absurd.

Are you serious??? Read the thread I started! It says The grandstand is now closed and IT'S JUST THE CLUBHOUSE AND CLUBHOUSE APRON OPEN! I NEVER said the clubhouse was closed :bang:. Read the original thread. Clubhouse includes a clubhouse grandstand. Every track does. Everyone knows that. I said in the post you can watch the horses after the wire! I said the grandstand apron is closed. Thats what the post was about,the apron being closed and not being able to watch horses come down the stretch. I ALSO said I will check if Manhattan Terrace in closed for good because the enterance was when I was there that day. You obviously did not read the post of the thread at all.

How do you look at outside pics of Aqueduct and high up near clubhouse restaurant pics and say the person perhaps was exaggerating?? :confused:
Again it is NOT an exaggeration. The grandstand floor and apron is closed during the week and if you let this thread stay open, I will post the pictures to prove it. I will not just post pictures on outside the track and next to the clubhouse. Did you ask the person where his grandstand apron pics are?? No.

If the clubhouse was closed too,I would've wrote," AQUEDUCT RACETRACK NOW CLOSED"

tzipi
11-25-2009, 09:58 PM
It's getting close to Thanksgiving Pace,not going to argue. If you leave the thread open,I'll take pictures Fri or Sat and show you those pics are so off and the grandstand and grandstand apron are OFF limits. I'm there all the time and do not know why those pics where posted so off from what I SAID in my post. There's not ONE pic in that lot of the grandstand floor or apron. Why would'nt anyone ask that? "Hey Samyn where's the grandstand floor or apron pics? It's just very high up near clubhouse restaurant pics".

If someone said grandstand closed and then said in post that all upstair floors of a racetrack were closed off and you can not watch them in the stretch from above and I posted here JUST apron pics and said BS they are all grandstand OPEN,I would've got blasted. Oh well.

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2009, 02:06 AM
I would've got blasted. Oh well.Have you been blasted yet? Does this count as a "blast?" I don't think it does...but then, that's just me...

It seems to me the difference between you guys is that (samyn on the green) considers the word "Grandstand" to include the "Clubhouse Grandstand" and the other (tzipi) does not.

Seems more like "fun with words" to me...I regret stepping into this thread, and I don't say that very often...:lol:

tzipi
11-26-2009, 04:20 AM
Have you been blasted yet? Does this count as a "blast?" I don't think it does...but then, that's just me...

It seems to me the difference between you guys is that (samyn on the green) considers the word "Grandstand" to include the "Clubhouse Grandstand" and the other (tzipi) does not.

Seems more like "fun with words" to me...I regret stepping into this thread, and I don't say that very often...:lol:

IT SAYS IN THE POST,THE CLUBHOUSE AND CLUBHOUSE APRON IS OPEN! It says the stretch grandstand is closed. Jesus the thread is right on here!
So no one reads the actual thread and just blasts me as saying I said ALL of grandstand closed. That would mean the track itself is closed! :rolleyes:

His pictures are of the clubhouse grandstand. The post addressed the actual stretch grandstand and he has not one pic of it or the apron. He just has empty seat pics from clubhouse grandstand.

tzipi
11-26-2009, 04:33 AM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63672&highlight=aqueduct+closed

Just the thread to show I said "clubhouse and clubhouse apron still open." "Stretch grandstand is closed." If I was wrong,the keep saying I'm wrong,but I never said the whole track was closed. Sorry,I thought a racing fan knew the clubhouse always includes a grandstand part. I said "STRETCH" grandstand and apron numerous times to make it clear in the post. I never said "whole" grandstand. But no one wanted to read it,just make comments that I mislead.
Says "STRETCH GRANDSTAND" over and over and over. Clubhouse and clubhouse apron is open.

If I meant the whole track is closed that would've said,"Aqueduct racetrack now closed. Grandstand and clubhouse are closed. No more track to goto."

I'm done. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :)

rrbauer
11-26-2009, 05:19 AM
I'm done. HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! :)

Finally, something to be thankful for.

gm10
11-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Regardless of whether it is open or closed, it should be torn down.
What a dump!! No wonder people don't go to the races.

Tom
11-26-2009, 11:49 AM
What's the deal on the Men's rooms?
Open?
Closed?

:rolleyes:

SaratogaSteve
11-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Finally, something to be thankful for.

Amen. Pass the cranberry.

toetoe
11-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Perhaps the original poster (tzipi in that other thread) was exaggerating just a tad....

Now, let's you and him fight. :D .

Zman179
11-26-2009, 09:03 PM
You have to access the third floor grandstand from the Manhattan Terrace doors.

Verified today. You have to enter via Equestris and pay an additional fee to access. I think its $2.

Aqueduct is in desperate need of a paintjob. The facility looks like it is covered in rust.

tzipi
11-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Verified today. You have to enter via Equestris and pay an additional fee to access. I think its $2.

Aqueduct is in desperate need of a paintjob. The facility looks like it is covered in rust.

Yes,if you pay the extra money to get into restaurant,you can get up to top floor.
Yeah it really does need a coat of paint. It really looks bad from the outside.

miesque
11-26-2009, 09:34 PM

:D Maybe its just the holiday overindulgence, but as I am shoving stuff into my garment bag roller for a 5 AM flight to LAX, I did find this comment funny. I am heading to another aging Grand Dame of racing which is also past its glory days but at least I get to look out at palm trees and a few flamingos while sipping Champagne in the Turf Club and it going to be in the upper 60s.

samyn on the green
11-26-2009, 10:48 PM
There was no fee to go to the third floor on Wednesday. Free to get in and free to go upstairs. Nor did I have to walk through Equistris to get to the grandstand. The door to the grandstand is through the Manhattan terrace. Verified today. You have to enter via Equestris and pay an additional fee to access. I think its $2.

samyn on the green
11-26-2009, 10:50 PM
There is no extra fee to go to the third floor. Nor is there a fee to go to the grandstand. Sorry, but this is more misinformation. It is free to go to the Aqueduct grandstand. Yes,if you pay the extra money to get into restaurant,you can get up to top floor.
Yeah it really does need a coat of paint. It really looks bad from the outside.

Quesmark
11-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Have you been blasted yet? Does this count as a "blast?" I don't think it does...but then, that's just me...

It's not really "fun with words" IMO,but a different experience of what grandstand and clubhouse used to be at Aqueduct.

tzipi probably remembers the days when the grandstand and clubhouse were separate worlds,and he is relating back to that when he says the "grandstand" was closed,because in fact the section of Aqueduct which was the "grandstand" is no longer open,as everbody does their thing exclusively in the the "no longer exclusive "clubhouse".
For a long time Aqueduct attendee the clubhouse grandstand might be a grandstand,but it's not what's remebered as "the grandstand".

http://www.ntra.com/images/track_Aqueduct.jpg

Tampa Russ
11-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Open?
Closed?

Clopen.

tzipi
11-27-2009, 11:47 AM
It's not really "fun with words" IMO,but a different experience of what grandstand and clubhouse used to be at Aqueduct.

tzipi probably remembers the days when the grandstand and clubhouse were separate worlds,and he is relating back to that when he says the "grandstand" was closed,because in fact the section of Aqueduct which was the "grandstand" is no longer open,as everbody does their thing exclusively in the the "no longer exclusive "clubhouse".
For a long time Aqueduct attendee the clubhouse grandstand might be a grandstand,but it's not what's remebered as "the grandstand".

http://www.ntra.com/images/track_Aqueduct.jpg

Nope,I know they closed the grandstand long ago. I'll say it again,my OP says the "stretch grandstand". During the week they block off the enternce to the APRON grandstand so the public can not go through. You can not watch the races from the apron unless you jump the fences. This is all NEW. They never did this before this year. Clubhouse is open. During week,grandstand plus apron is closed,unless maybe you pay extra to walk through the restaurant to get to a small empty top floor grandstand.
I will just take pictures this upcoming week. I can not believe all this over a place that is actually closed now except for clubhouse during the week.

Again,even though grandstand was closed long ago,you could always goto part of the grandstand floor and ALWAYS watch the races down the stretch from the apron any day of the week. Which is what it should be like.

Quagmire
11-27-2009, 11:56 AM
Nope,I know they closed the grandstand long ago. I'll say it again,my OP says the "stretch grandstand". During the week they block off the enternce to the APRON grandstand so the public can not go through. You can not watch the races from the apron unless you jump the fences. This is all NEW. They never did this before this year. Clubhouse is open. During week,grandstand plus apron is closed,unless maybe you pay extra to walk through the restaurant to get to a small empty top floor grandstand.
I will just take pictures this upcoming week. I can not believe all this over a place that is actually closed now except for clubhouse during the week.

Is the clubhouse open on weekends or just the grandstand?

tzipi
11-27-2009, 12:34 PM
Is the clubhouse open on weekends or just the grandstand?

Clubhouse and clubhouse grandstand is open everyday. If that was closed,there would be NO racing :D . I know the apron has been open some weekends but everyday during the week(been there about 10+ times already) it is closed off.
So clubhouse is open everyday with a small part of the 3rd floor grandstand too.

Quagmire
11-27-2009, 12:38 PM
Thanks tzipi

bane
11-28-2009, 12:22 PM
The Big A was an utter disappointment and what is worse is I took two friends there and to this day it is the only track they have been too! Beulah was much better than the Big A (does help to be smaller too). Even if it becomes a racino do you think NYRA is going to upgrade it just let it fall apart like they have done in the past?

Tom
11-28-2009, 03:53 PM
I drove by Beulah a few times - it looked like the Munsters house! :eek:

samyn on the green
11-29-2009, 10:55 PM
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo22/9e/ec/2e8d3a788bad__1259422517000.jpeg
Nice holiday display at the Big-A vestibule.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo30/44/a7/676a60c8f595__1259414080000.jpeg
The grandstand side apron is open on Cigar mile day. Real huge crowd packed the joint.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo24/e7/a0/20104a73659e__1259413574000.jpeg
Little bit bigger crowd for the Cigar mile in the grandstand

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo01/96/f9/0e08ace0eaf7__1259412454000.jpeg

Clubhouse side is a nice venue at the Big-A.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo29/12/9e/979a2012316f__1259409636000.jpeg
Horses behind the gate for the Grade I Gazelle as seen from the third floor grandstand.

Bochall
11-29-2009, 11:41 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]What's the deal on the Men's rooms?
Open?
Closed?

Grandstand mens room open, but not on weekends. Clubhouse mens room open everyday, but a $2 charge on weekends. No mens room on the apron. Everyone must come to the grandstand to use the mens room, but not on weekends...even if you offer them $2. Stay tuned for ladies room openings as i have a man, errrrrrrrrrrr, woman on the job.

miesque
11-29-2009, 11:45 PM
[QUOTE=Tom]What's the deal on the Men's rooms?
Open?
Closed?

Grandstand mens room open, but not on weekends. Clubhouse mens room open everyday, but a $2 charge on weekends. No mens room on the apron. Everyone must come to the grandstand to use the mens room, but not on weekends...even if you offer them $2. Stay tuned for ladies room openings as i have a man, errrrrrrrrrrr, woman on the job.

:lol: Well done my good man!

onefast99
11-30-2009, 07:25 AM
Open?
Closed?

How is Finger Lakes these days still in good shape?

tzipi
11-30-2009, 11:34 AM
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo22/9e/ec/2e8d3a788bad__1259422517000.jpeg
Nice holiday display at the Big-A vestibule.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo30/44/a7/676a60c8f595__1259414080000.jpeg
The grandstand side apron is open on Cigar mile day. Real huge crowd packed the joint.

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo24/e7/a0/20104a73659e__1259413574000.jpeg
Little bit bigger crowd for the Cigar mile in the grandstand

https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo01/96/f9/0e08ace0eaf7__1259412454000.jpeg

Clubhouse side is a nice venue at the Big-A.
https://www.t-mobilepictures.com/myalbum/photos/photo29/12/9e/979a2012316f__1259409636000.jpeg
Horses behind the gate for the Grade I Gazelle as seen from the third floor grandstand.

Great job Samyn! Pictures of Clubhouse and cluhouse grandstand. NOTICE HIS "grandstand" picture is about at the wire and he is turning his camera to the left hard. WHY not just take a picture straight down from the grandstand or a pic from left grandstand looking right? Do not know why you are trying to debunk me on this? Except for big days and weekends the whole track except for clubhouse is closed. It was NEVER like that till this year.

For anyone looking for the truth,during the week grandstand is closed off except for small part near the clubhouse where this person is taking pics from. That's why ALL his "open grandstand" pics are from a left pointing angle. The Apron and grandstand floor are closed during the week now,that's why original post was made. It was a discussion on WHY WOULD ANY track close it's stretch off to the betting public and you have gone to posting these things. I said from day one clubhouse is open but the stretch and stretch grandstand closed now during the week and it was for 2nd weekend. Call Aqueduct.

I will post the real pics of AQUEDUCT wednesday for you guys.

tzipi
11-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Honestly the original post was about how sad it has gotten for racetracks including one of mine,Aqueduct. Just think it's sad now that you can not go to the apron and watch the horses down the stretch or watch them from most of main grandstand unless you know it's big day or a weekend.
The point is,when you are closing off stuff and saying well there's no need for it or to spend money,it's like they are throwing in the towel. It costs them no money to open the Apron or grandstand floor with the 2nd floor,every day of the week.
I just hope things get better for Aqueduct and NY racing and I do not think the racino is the answer. I think they just want the casino and all that track and stable land down the road to build on.

Samyn on the Green,if you're into boosting Aqueduct and trying to get people there and promote it,hey I'M WITH YA. But I can not say it's all open all week. It's basically all closed. Even during weekend,a little more is open but not much. You can check with Aqueduct. Cheers.

samyn on the green
11-30-2009, 07:40 PM
These are real pics and not taken at a studio, and they were taken from the Aqueduct grandstand area and not the clubhouse. The "clubhouse grandstand" is well beyond the wire and on the second floor, these pics were taken just before the wire in the Aqueduct grandstand. Yes the grandstand has been truncated but we should be truthful, there still are two sections of the grandstand open everyday they race. Access to the grandstand is via the third floor Manhattan Terrace doors and there is no charge, nor do you have to go to a restaurant to get there. There is also one mens room open in the grandstand area and it is open everyday. Honestly the original post was about how sad it has gotten for racetracks including one of mine,Aqueduct. Just think it's sad now that you can not go to the apron and watch the horses down the stretch or watch them from most of main grandstand unless you know it's big day or a weekend.
The point is,when you are closing off stuff and saying well there's no need for it or to spend money,it's like they are throwing in the towel. It costs them no money to open the Apron or grandstand floor with the 2nd floor,every day of the week.
I just hope things get better for Aqueduct and NY racing and I do not think the racino is the answer. I think they just want the casino and all that track and stable land down the road to build on.

Samyn on the Green,if you're into boosting Aqueduct and trying to get people there and promote it,hey I'M WITH YA. But I can not say it's all open all week. It's basically all closed. Even during weekend,a little more is open but not much. You can check with Aqueduct. Cheers.

Bochall
11-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Samyn On Green...thanks for the mens room update...and, by the way, the Samyn on the Green phrase rhymes and all, but is the fast way to the poor house. Kinda like Prado from the gate-o.

SaratogaSteve
11-30-2009, 09:54 PM
hmm, 15-20 years ago, SOTG was MITB, especially on the Saratoga ITC...

Bochall
11-30-2009, 10:07 PM
That was 15-20yrs ago....the new name should be 'Garcia At The Spa' as he showed a FLAT BET PROFIT in the 07 and 08 meets...just bet every horse he rode. Public caught on this year and the ROI dropped. Or he could try 'George Weaver Believer' as he is pure money at the Spa, but again the public finally caught on this year.

SaratogaSteve
12-01-2009, 12:12 AM
Personally, I like SOTG, Jean-Luc is going on 60, and very underrated in his heyday. Garcia is no Angel, thats for certain... :)