PDA

View Full Version : Sanford and Scum

hazzardm
11-24-2009, 02:16 PM
Sanford become the face of the opposition to President Barack Obama’s stimulus package. Conservative radio talk-show host Rush Limbaugh touted him as a presidential contender. Sanford was a frequent guest on cable news shows and an in-demand speaker nationally among Republican and conservative groups. He was taking advice from one of the nation’s best political strategists.

It's these kinda phoney moralists that make me vomit. They are elected based on these false presentations, denying spots for those interested in truly improving the nation.

http://www.thestate.com/154/story/877860.html

johnhannibalsmith
11-24-2009, 02:36 PM
It's these kinda phoney moralists that make me vomit. They are elected based on these false presentations, denying spots for those interested in truly improving the nation.

Did you plagiarize that definition of e-lec-ted o-ffic-ial from my personal dictionary?

Black Ruby
11-24-2009, 02:38 PM
"One face — carefully cultivated and presented to the public — shows him to be a principled family man, given to deep thinking and Bible quoting, stingy with the public’s money and full of disdain for the trappings and allure of elected office."

Sounds like he ought to be part of a train.

boxcar
11-24-2009, 02:49 PM
"One face — carefully cultivated and presented to the public — shows him to be a principled family man, given to deep thinking and Bible quoting, stingy with the public’s money and full of disdain for the trappings and allure of elected office."

Sounds like he ought to be part of a train.

Sounds like my kinda guy. Frugal. Like me. And it sounds like he has the right attitude about public office. :ThmbUp:

Boxcar
P.S. In fact, he deserves a second one :ThmbUp: .

hazzardm
11-24-2009, 02:55 PM
It does make one yearn for the good old days of Falwell, Swaggert, Bakker, Haggard, et al. At least they were so dishonest it was obvious.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_evangelist_scandals#Peter_Popoff .2C_1987

Tom
11-24-2009, 03:05 PM
FRED Sanford????

hazzardm
11-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Fred or Lamont would be an improvment on this guy.

illinoisbred
11-24-2009, 03:59 PM
Hell, I'd take Fred's friend Grady!