PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming - Science or Politics?

rastajenk
11-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Just what this board needs: yet another global warming thread!! :faint:

But I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of the release of e-mails, etc, from among the inner circle of GlobalWarmists that reveal fudged data, highly partisan politics, and other chicanery that exposes this hoax for what it really is. The blogosphere is alive with it, but it hasn't trickled into PA Land yet. I'll find some links later if I get a chance.

We have been told by the true believers that you can't really argue with the science, that that argument is over. Is it? What if the science isn't really what it's been touted as being? GlobalWarmists have been characterized by some of us Deniers as being almost religious in their faith; will they keep the faith even if it's proved to be based on bad science? Seems likely.

Fix bayonets, storm the ramparts, have at it, men and women of PA. The Goracle is about to meet the same fate as this poseur:
http://blindflaneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/saddam_statue_topples_041003_2.jpg

:D

ArlJim78
11-23-2009, 12:10 PM
it's junk science or a religion and also a way for the rest of the world to scam the US. there was a thread about his a few days ago, it didn't generate much interest.

this kind of thing is how people try to get rich and wield power, by taking an issue like the planet, or the environment, (who can be against that?), and politicizing it and taxing it. many that signed on to it were just lemminglike followers who believe in doing the right thing, but who are also too dumb to do any critical thinking of their own.

Goracle is the PT Barnum of our time. the sad part is that we do need to take care of things better than we are now, clean up, etc.

Tom
11-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Not one of the Gore-Kool aid drinkers has ever answered my question.
What is the optimum global temperature and what is the criteria you used to obtain it?

Having a specific target would seem to me to be common sense 101 - how can you say we have a problem if you don't have a target? Only a total fool would commit to destroying multiple national economies without have that basic information to track you progress against.

I thought 46 would have that, seeing how he is so in touch with all the great minds on this topic. Perhaps EB can step up for him?

I thought it was a rather simple question. :confused:

DJofSD
11-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Climate change, as it is now being called, is both science and politics.

There is not any reason to deny that the climate is changing. It is always changing. An objective look at the historical record shows the climate was different 10,000 years ago.

The $64,000 questions: why is it changing and how it happening. Here is where the controversy begins. What is cause and what is effect. And what, if anything, can and should be done about it.

Can human kind be better stewards of the earth and the environment. Surely. Are humans the cause of these changes? Maybe. Maybe not. Again, what is cause and what is effect.

What is absolutely political is the way certain parties will take a position within the debate and influence activities surrounding the discussions and the immediate set of responses deriving from those discussions. Follow the money and it will make it all clear.

DJofSD
11-23-2009, 12:52 PM
What is the optimum global temperature and what is the criteria you used to obtain it?

Optimal for which species?

johnhannibalsmith
11-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Just for fun... (kids, this man is known to curse, viewer discretion advised)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyxuVFzKypU

lsbets
11-23-2009, 01:34 PM
I fully expect those poor dupes who bought into it and told the thinkers that the science is settled, that if you dared to question global warming you were as bad as a holocaust denier, etc ....... to ignore these revelations. They bought into this like a religion, and their religion has been proven to be a fraud. The thinkers among us have told them this for years, but these poor souls bought into it with all they had, and are now left facing the cold, hard truth of reality. They have to admit they were suckered, and I don't think the majority of them are big enough to do so.

rastajenk
11-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Kind of like the Obamabots, who are so totally invested in Hope'n'Change that they can never admit they've been duped.

Tom
11-23-2009, 03:02 PM
Optimal for which species?

They have to tell me that.....they are the ones who have alluded to an optimum temperature by the nature of their argument.

Still waiting..........

BenDiesel26
11-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Just what this board needs: yet another global warming thread!! :faint:

But I'm surprised there hasn't been any mention of the release of e-mails, etc, from among the inner circle of GlobalWarmists that reveal fudged data, highly partisan politics, and other chicanery that exposes this hoax for what it really is. The blogosphere is alive with it, but it hasn't trickled into PA Land yet. I'll find some links later if I get a chance.

We have been told by the true believers that you can't really argue with the science, that that argument is over. Is it? What if the science isn't really what it's been touted as being? GlobalWarmists have been characterized by some of us Deniers as being almost religious in their faith; will they keep the faith even if it's proved to be based on bad science? Seems likely.

Fix bayonets, storm the ramparts, have at it, men and women of PA. The Goracle is about to meet the same fate as this poseur:
http://blindflaneur.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/saddam_statue_topples_041003_2.jpg

:D

I've noticed that some threads tend to get pushed down the board mysteriously...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63960

Odd that the thread about all of the fake jobs and jobs paying less than 50 cents an hour over a year created by the stimulus plan seems to fall pretty fast as well.

rastajenk
11-23-2009, 09:28 PM
I completely did not see your thread, Ben. :D

I guess when the local Lefty Loony Bin (no offense meant to our righty Lefty) doesn't weigh in, these things sink under the weight of their own gravitas. :cool:

PaceAdvantage
11-24-2009, 01:27 AM
I completely did not see your thread, Ben. :D

I guess when the local Lefty Loony Bin (no offense meant to our righty Lefty) doesn't weigh in, these things sink under the weight of their own gravitas. :cool:Don't tell that to hcap. He still thinks this board is DOMINATED by the right...and always has been....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I added a few extra emoticons for my left-leaning buddies...they LOVE these things!! :jump: :jump: :bang: :bang: :D )