PDA

View Full Version : Barbaro

toussaud
11-22-2009, 11:30 PM
someone mentioned barbaro in another thread, and it reminded me of something that I forgot that I had been meaning to ask.

I have always thought that the gate had more to do with his injury than anything. I dont' think matz did anything wrong or anyone did anything they weren't supposed to do. it was always my theory that something happened to him when he broke though the gate.

they were very quick to load him back in the gate and go off.. that is speculation of course. I think he should have been scratched, but I don't think it's thinkable to scratch a "live" triple crown possible horse in the preakness when he's about even money on NBC becuse he breaks through a gate. however if this were a wednesday at saratoga in a regular allowence race, I'm not so sure that is what would have happened, or at the very least.. they take more time to look him over. IMHO he didn't have any cuts and they put hi in the gate. no harm no foul

it's not like he had a racing injury. he didn't make it an 8th of a mile before being pulled up.

Not saying that HEY THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED, but if I were a betting man, and I am, that would be where my money is, yet I never hear anyone echo this.

And if this is the case, we need to ask tougher questions in the case that something like this happen in the future, the same mistake is not made again.

Am I missing something?

JustRalph
11-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Read Prado's book............very enlightening on the subj of the gate incident

tzipi
Tons of horses break through the gate and they go on to run fine. I do not think they put the Triple Crown above his health and I think it was just a freak accident when he broke his leg running. He headed the gate and just pushed off to a start. Do not see where he fractured or broke or whatever his leg doing that.
If he did,than that really stinks but as I said I really do not think so. But just my opinion.

toussaud
Read Prado's book............very enlightening on the subj of the gate incident

cliff notes?