PDA

View Full Version : Who will be coaching the Irish next year?

TheStageIsSet
11-22-2009, 11:01 AM
How did the irish lose that many games with there schedule?Bring in Shanahan and pay him 7 mill a year!!Let Weis go back to Jersey to coach HS

Bochall
11-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Jon Gruden?

Stillriledup
11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Urban. Signed, Sealed and Delivered.

Valuist
11-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Hopefully Gruden so we won't have to listen to him on MNF.

Bochall
11-22-2009, 11:54 PM
Urban. Signed, Sealed and Delivered.

Didnt Urban choose Florida over Notre Dame just a few years ago? Why would he go now when they are in even worse shape?

BirdstoneFTW
11-23-2009, 03:01 AM
Kelly from Cincinnati

OTM Al
11-23-2009, 09:55 AM
Notre Dame needs to come to the realization that the glory days are over. The require solid academic credentials, play thier freshmen and do not recruit from JCs. This puts them at a huge disadvantage with many big time programs. Seriously, would you rather go to Florida or northern Indiana given the chance? They still manage to get good recruits from the national exposure, but not remotely what they used to. I have a feeling that NBC isn't going to pony up a big contract again given the state of the team so that may be on its way out. Their players are often overrated these days making the team seem even better than it is.

Far be it from me to wish them well as I have rather enjoyed watching them crumble again this year. Too bad my Boilers couldn't hold on in the end so it would be they rather than ND going to a bowl. Frankly though I think the guy from Cincinnati probably is the one as that would be considered a step up. No way in hell the guy from Florida moves. That would be a step down for him.

PS I hope the Raiders make another catastrophically bad draft pick and take Clausen....Its a good thing Al Davis isn't alive to see what has happened to his team....oh wait...

rrbauer
11-24-2009, 11:16 AM
Notre Dame needs to come to the realization that the glory days are over. The require solid academic credentials, play thier freshmen and do not recruit from JCs. This puts them at a huge disadvantage with many big time programs. Seriously, would you rather go to Florida or northern Indiana given the chance? They still manage to get good recruits from the national exposure, but not remotely what they used to. I have a feeling that NBC isn't going to pony up a big contract again given the state of the team so that may be on its way out. Their players are often overrated these days making the team seem even better than it is.

Add to your points the fact that private schools with big tuition prices can not compete with the publicly=funded state and land grant schools that have lower tuition prices and get "walk ons" to their sports teams. This enlarges the talent pool without using scholarships and can easily, in the case of football, result in 20 more players on a team.

Robert Goren
11-24-2009, 01:19 PM
Ken Niumatalolo (http://www.navysports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/niumatalolo_ken00.html) If you can't beat him hire him

NJ Stinks
11-25-2009, 12:38 AM
What about that fella Tobin from Rhode Island?