PDA

View Full Version : Gripes/ Payout info at DRF & Equibase

JohnGalt1
11-22-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm not one to complain, but a few things irritate me.

I went to Canterbury Thursday 11/19 and bet Aqueduct. Turf was listed good. I bet 4 of the nine races. Races 4, 7 and 9 scheduled for turf. I put all bets in before first race. Race 4, which I passed, a maiden race ran on the turf.

I then went home. I was coming down with a cold.

I checked the results Friday. Race 7 and 9 were moved to main track. Maybe it rained after I left. I can understand. Unfortunately my horses in the 7th weren't scratched and finished up the track. Fortunately, because i always check scratches in the results I saw that the super was canceled and my $32 tri became $12, So I'll get a $34 refund.

In the 9th, my single in the pick 4 was scratched.

Here's what irritated me--finding out if I get anything back for my $24 pick four 2,4,5,6,7,10/67/58/10. Results were 2/4/8/7.

I went to DRF charts and there was NO listing for any pick four pay off for race nine.

I went to Equibase charts. They posted a $37.20 $2 pick 4 pay off. That seemed low. Maybe my losing ticket was worth something after all.

So I went to Bris charts, again NO pick 4 pay offs.

So I went to Bris Instant Results. They showed two pay offs. The $37.20 for the winning combination AND 2/all/8/all for $37.20.

So by not being at the track and if I wasn't persistant I might not have known.

Another question, since my 6 and 7 ran in race 7, why would they pay all in that race? Or is that a mistake in Bris's listing? Or is it because the favorites won the 7th and 9th races, even though my two horses did run in race 7?

And will I get paid nothing, half of $37.20, the whole $37.20 2 dollar pay off because I had two horses? I think I should get nothing, because my only two horses ran and didn't win, but the results said all in that race.

Why is this industry and those associated with it, such pains in the * ?

postpicker
11-22-2009, 10:29 AM
the rule in NY is whenever a race is switched to the main track from turf after wagering had closed or started the race before, the race becoes an all. The two turf races were not switched until 15 minutes or so of the running of race 6. So you should get a $2 payoff since you had 2 horses in race seven.

garyscpa
11-22-2009, 10:33 AM
Steve Crist addresses this in his blog on the drf dated last night.

Jackal
11-22-2009, 05:18 PM
Belmont almost always takes races off the turf at the last minute. I always check the weather channel before wasting any time on belmont.

JohnGalt1
11-22-2009, 07:21 PM
the rule in NY is whenever a race is switched to the main track from turf after wagering had closed or started the race before, the race becoes an all. The two turf races were not switched until 15 minutes or so of the running of race 6. So you should get a $2 payoff since you had 2 horses in race seven.

Thanks. At least I know now.

I don't play NY tracks often because I usually don't get to the track until after 1 PM central time.

My big gripe is how much effort I had to make to even see the payouts.

I had also checked Aqueduct's web site to see it was explained there.

I guess standardization is too much to ask. :bang: