PDA

View Full Version : Forex advice ?

beertapper
11-21-2009, 08:39 PM
I don't have a trading background, but am fascinated by a book I'm reading on the forex market (Forex revolution). The almost 24/7 trading hours, huge liquidity and availability of retail "brokers" is a real draw. I notied alot of companies use the metatrader platform for retal traders, so there's consistency in what tools people use (at the retail level again).

Just wondering if anyone here can recommend some other books or courses for a newbie getting into this. What angles to people use? I read something about high probability trades... is the basis pattern recognition? I realize the playing field will never be equal for the little guys, but a lot of individuals seem to be making out ok. It strikes me as giving the little guy a better shot than say individual stock picking

To be honest, I saw some infomercials on "forex" a few years back and it really turned me off the whole thing. Struck me as some sort of get rich gimmick which is not what my expectations are. What got me interested again was using betfair. It seems a number of people are trading UK races before they start, with the exact same techniques, strategies, etc..

In the meantime, lots of reading and practice...