PDA

View Full Version : Obama.......Amateur hour

JustRalph
11-21-2009, 04:00 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2009/11/20/why-couldnt-obama-close-gitmo/

President Barack Obama is now confirming what many have long suspected: He will miss his January deadline to close the Guantanamo prison — partly because he cannot persuade other nations to take the detainees.

Prisoners like Walid Abu Hijazi. The 29-year-old Palestinian is nearing his eighth year at Guantanamo even though the U.S. approved his release in February 2008. No one else has been willing to allow him, or dozens of others, into their territory.

This dilemma is one of the chief obstacles to closing the jail, according to lawyers and human rights groups who monitor U.S. detention policy. Most say Washington bears the main blame because it also refuses to accept prisoners on American soil.

“It’s very difficult to persuade third countries to accept the political or security risks involved, especially when the United States has been unwilling to accept that risk itself,” said Matthew Waxman, a professor at Columbia Law School.

More at the link

Now the Plan is to ship them to Illinois and pay off his cronies with huge contracts to house these wingnuts while his Attorney General finds Lawyer friends to defend them paid by Government Stipends in the name of justice

boxcar
11-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Since at best Israel's relationship with BO is estranged, if I were Netanyahu I'd really get up his nose (as he is currently, anyhow, by defying BO's "request" to not build new settlements in the West Bank) by publicly offering to take the unwanted Guantanamo scum off his hands that no nation in this dark, forlorn planet wants -- no questions asked. The world would never see or hear from any of them again. That offer would really put BO between a rock and hard place. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar (who can be quite diabolical before my second cup of java)

rastajenk
11-21-2009, 09:17 AM
That's a fiendishly excellent idea. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-21-2009, 09:40 AM
That's a fiendishly excellent idea. :ThmbUp:

Exactly! :D Of course, it would all be done under the pretense of Israel wanting to restore her high quality diplomatic relations with the U.S. :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

cj's dad
11-21-2009, 10:11 AM
Box,

your pure genius is exceeded only by your avatar.

Bochall
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Boxcar (who can be quite diabolical before my second cup of java)[/QUOTE]
Whoa, i read that as i was drinking MY second cup of coffee.

Tom
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
Palin/Boxcar! :jump::jump::jump:

GaryG
11-21-2009, 11:16 AM
My original suggestion was to feed them to the hogs and be done with them. Prisoners? What prisoners? However, they may not have any hogs in Israel. They will think of something though.

boxcar
11-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Box,

your pure genius is exceeded only by your avatar.

Whatever you and I do, we're never going to let my wifey know that; for she designed the avatar. We're just going to keep this between us guys. :)

Boxcar

boxcar
11-21-2009, 11:43 AM
My original suggestion was to feed them to the hogs and be done with them. Prisoners? What prisoners? However, they may not have any hogs in Israel. They will think of something though.

Let them dig out the sandy foundations for the new West Bank settlements with their teeth. That'll keep 'em busy fer a spell.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
11-21-2009, 03:36 PM

Oh come on... let us enjoy Boxcar being genuine... no need to destroy his mind by affiliating him with any faction but himself...

boxcar
11-21-2009, 03:43 PM
Oh come on... let us enjoy Boxcar being genuine... no need to destroy his mind by affiliating him with any faction but himself...

Have no fear. My mind is indestructible. Nothing can corrupt it. Plus, unlike El Rushbo, my talent has been permanently gifted to me from above-- and to keep all fights fair I keep both hands tied behind my back (but even so my opponents still whine about how unfair I am). :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

ArlJim78
11-21-2009, 04:08 PM
add Rush Limbaugh as press secretary and Glenn Beck as truth czar and you've got the dream ticket.:D

jballscalls
11-21-2009, 04:43 PM
add Rush Limbaugh as press secretary and Glenn Beck as truth czar and you've got the dream ticket.:D

if those guys were all in on the political scam and not on the air, then who would be in the media to unearth their misdoings?

cj's dad
11-21-2009, 10:12 PM
I find it beyond belief when a suggestion such as Boxcar's to release the terrorists to Israel is met with complete and total silence.

Libs - where are you ???????

Tom
11-21-2009, 11:56 PM
Trying to follow Sara and put plants in her audience, but only driving through blue counties! :lol: