PDA

View Full Version : CJ's Pace Figures

cosmo96
11-20-2009, 08:46 PM
I have been with Pace Figures less than a week. I made a post similiar to this on thier message board, but I only got one responce. I know alot of Pace Advantage members use C J's Pace Figures. That's why I am posting.

I am using the condensed version. I am concentrating on the performance figures and early speed. I am doing alot of "redboarding" with some success, but I think there is potential for more. Can anyone offer this beginner some advice?
Keep it simple for now. Thank you.

cj's dad
11-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Bet any runner with 2 or more underlines (there are 3) and you"ll be fine.

the condensed #'s are very accurate.

You want examples ?? Look at todays results at Aqueduct and Woodbine and compare them to the cj's for those tracks !! Case closed !

toetoe
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
I thought the club was full ... :confused:

Greyfox
11-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Figures are figures.

Some win with them. Some lose with them.
At some point handicapping as to when they work is a must.
The "Figures" are offered as a possible scenario, but not a fact.
The "Figures" happen within random chance more than what you could have guessed.
I could give you the winner in tomorrow's race at _________________.
That doesn't mean you'd bet it.

Personally I make my own figures.
From the reports on this site over the years I suspect Cj's are very good.

Tom
11-21-2009, 09:52 AM
Two underlines is very good - I pay attention.
Third off a lay off with back figs, if the horse showed some signs of life in either come back race is good. Sometimes "jaw-dropping" good!;)

cj's dad
11-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought the club was full ... :confused:

Check the website.

andicap
11-24-2009, 12:14 PM
I would try to "model" the CSP and CLP figures on the condensed version to do which ones do best at particular tracks, distances, surfaces.

Before doing so, I would take a page out of the sartin/Brohamer book and whittle the field down to the legitimate contenders so some slow horse with a good late pace figure doesn't screw up your model for example.
Unlike Sartin, with his five contender platform, I wouldn't recommend any particular number of of contenders.

The more contenders tho the better price i want. Turf races are by far the most contentious. You can have a 12-horse race and there are 10 horses about three points apart in their recent form using the PF figures. That's about two-fifths of a second.

If you really have the time and energy -- i don't -- i would keep track of how many contenders -- and the pace scenario -- in each race so you can maybe better assess the type of field a horse competed against. Just a theory tho.

--

joeprunes
11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
I`ve been playing the ponies for almost 60 yrs. Cj`s figures have been the most profitable for me. They get really big longshots. It takes time to use your own method of using his figures and well worth the price. As cj`s dad said sometimes its right there in front of you without handicapping. I know there are openings, though I really dont want to share the wealth but cj deserves it..... a beleiver

andymays
11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
I`ve been playing the ponies for almost 60 yrs. Cj`s figures have been the most profitable for me. They get really big longshots. It takes time to use your own method of using his figures and well worth the price. As cj`s dad said sometimes its right there in front of you without handicapping. I know there are openings, though I really dont want to share the wealth but cj deserves it..... a beleiver

Joeprunes you've got the name. :ThmbUp:

Sounds like someone from my neighborhood. We have Frank the Shovel, Tony Seeds, Frank the Boo, and the list goes on and on! :ThmbUp:

Not to get the thread off track so how about that CJ? :ThmbUp:

CBedo
11-24-2009, 05:53 PM
Joeprunes you've got the name. :ThmbUp:

Sounds like someone from my neighborhood. We have Frank the Shovel, Tony Seeds, Frank the Boo, and the list goes on and on! :ThmbUp:

Not to get the thread off track so how about that CJ? :ThmbUp:You mean CJ the Fig.

Space Monkey
11-24-2009, 06:33 PM
I am concentrating on the performance figures and early speed.

The general opinion is you give more weight to CSP the shorter the race. I believe it does best at 5F. Routes give more consideration to LSP.

whittle the field down to the legitimate contenders

Thats what I do.

At some point handicapping as to when they work is a must.

Tears of Jupiter, who ran today at CD, was the top CSP/LSP horse 2 starts back at 30-1 ML. I looked at the form and said no way. Although I did use him underneath he ran poorly at around the ML odds.
Sunday in the 6th at CD, Sunshine Rambler was also the top CSP/LSP and 4 rules horse at 10-1ML. I looked at the form and you didn't need to be Russ Harris to see that this horse fit like a glove. I can't see how anybody that was playing CD Sunday with CJ's figs didn't have that 8-1 winner.

Third off a lay off with back figs, if the horse showed some signs of life in either come back race is good. Sometimes "jaw-dropping" good!

Good advice. Don't be afraid to go back some time in your fig handicapping. With so many horses shipping and running on different surfaces, poor performances can be written off more easily nowadays. As long you consider the horse fit for todays race. Smoking Kitty in CD's first yesterday is a good example.

cj's dad
11-24-2009, 07:50 PM
The figures work extremely at Woodbiine - look for the late pace fig and go from there- It is a rare occurrence when ANY HORSE goes gate to wire even in a 5 furlong sprint.

Backstretch Pirate
11-24-2009, 08:03 PM
The figures work extremely at Woodbiine - look for the late pace fig and go from there- It is a rare occurrence when ANY HORSE goes gate to wire even in a 5 furlong sprint.

So rare that it happens about 18% of the time on poly at WO inclusive of all distances.

cj's dad
11-24-2009, 09:27 PM
I watch WB 3-4 days a week and if 18% are winning gate to wire it must be when I have chores to do.

Are you sure you are watching the T-Breds and not the cart drivers???

Backstretch Pirate
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
I watch WB 3-4 days a week and if 18% are winning gate to wire it must be when I have chores to do.

Are you sure you are watching the T-Breds and not the cart drivers???

I watch Woodbine every day of the week and I can assure you that the stat is correct. Do you need me to break it down for you?

Backstretch Pirate
11-24-2009, 10:07 PM
It is a rare occurrence when ANY HORSE goes gate to wire even in a 5 furlong sprint.

5 of the last 10 races ran at Woodbine going 5 furlongs were won in gate to wire fashion.

NY BRED
11-25-2009, 05:23 AM
CJ rules on dirt and turf.

I'm not commenting on Synthetic since I don't play
rubberized surfaces.:eek:

cj's dad
11-25-2009, 06:38 AM
5 of the last 10 races ran at Woodbine going 5 furlongs were won in gate to wire fashion.

How about 7f and longer ??

headhawg
11-25-2009, 08:58 AM
My stats broken out by maidens/non-:

Mdn: 12/79 15.2%
non-: 16/119 13.5%

All distances.

I have 3 for last 11 wire-to-wire @5f, but I could re-check the charts. And not to give away any WOx secrets, but I think that one might be foolish to dismiss early running horses there, contrary to popular belief.

Bennie
11-25-2009, 09:36 AM
I always "consider" early speed in all sprints but of the last 8 races at 5fur. I see 4 were 2yr., 3 were other maidens and only 1 was a claiming race. Of these 8 races, don't have any running lines, but would guess the 2 yr. olds are the most likely to wire a field , followed by other maiden races. The non-maiden races would "figure" to have the lowest % of wire jobs. If there is a potential "lone-speed" in any of these, I would not hesitate to reach into my pocket no matter what the surface.

matthewsiv
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
CJ is a genius and that is that.

If I could just print the cards rather than having to do conversion of files,I would use them and as my only handicapping tool.

These are the best you will get forget Beyer and stick with the guy who has a very large following on this site.

On top of that a nice guy too,who was always very helpful when I was a subscriber.

TheStageIsSet
11-25-2009, 01:39 PM
Check the website.
Whats his website?

emsteve16
11-25-2009, 01:41 PM
So just a question about CJ's program. How do you get the data? I went to his website and see the payment option but I was curious if you just download the pace figures that he generates or if you download the program and have to download data for whatever track you will be playing. If he just releases the pace figures what tracks does he cover. I'm new to this site so any info to catch me up on this would be greatly appreciated.

cj
11-25-2009, 01:45 PM
So just a question about CJ's program. How do you get the data? I went to his website and see the payment option but I was curious if you just download the pace figures that he generates or if you download the program and have to download data for whatever track you will be playing. If he just releases the pace figures what tracks does he cover. I'm new to this site so any info to catch me up on this would be greatly appreciated.

It is best to contact me through my website (http://www.pacefigures.com), or just PM here on the board. The software generates the figures with files you provide from DRF (Formulator), BRIS, TSN (rip), and soon Post Time Solutions. However, the figures are done by me and don't use those included in the various files.

Wickel
11-25-2009, 04:13 PM
What's the website address?

Wickel
11-25-2009, 04:17 PM
Never mind, just saw the link on CJ's post. Thanks.

cosmo96
11-26-2009, 11:45 AM
What does CSP and LSP stand for?

speed
11-26-2009, 12:03 PM
What does CSP and LSP stand for?

Cosmo you are a subscriber to CJ's figs so just check the board. There are numerous threads about them.

Space Monkey
11-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Cosmo, print out the figures definitions page. Read the whole thing before you do anything else. Then ask about what you don't understand. You have to take it upon yourself to learn the program. At least the very basics.

skate
11-26-2009, 01:29 PM
"That rug really tied the room together. "
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/report.gif (report.php?p=791480)

could you paaalease...
thankshttp://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/quote.gif (newreply.php?do=newreply&p=791480) http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/images/buttons/green/reply_small.gif (newreply.php?do=newreply&p=791480&noquote=1)

bisket
11-28-2009, 03:52 PM
was vineyard the horse that was gonna win today? :lol:

Tom
11-28-2009, 04:24 PM
The winners his 4 rules horse ( underlined for PF).
The place horse was the underlined late pace horse.
Both the early horses had big drop offs from early to late.
Rather routine race with no questions.

cj
11-28-2009, 05:03 PM
I said he was a lock last time out. What does that have to do with today? Different field, different distance.