PDA

View Full Version : MICHELLE OBAMA vs. OPRAH WAR!

andymays
11-20-2009, 11:21 AM
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/67702?cid=RSS

Excerpt:

A distraught Oprah Winfrey is telling pals her "thank you" for helping Barack Obama win the presidency has been a knife in the back.

A jealous first lady has frozen the talk queen out of the White House inner circle, say insiders. "Oprah is devastated," revealed a friend.

"She had no idea that Michelle was so jealous about the influence she had on Barack. She hated the way her husband would huddle with Oprah over strategy and jump when she called.

"The jealousy and anger was eating up Michelle. During the campaign, she vowed Oprah would not be a part of the new administration.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/67702?cid=RSS

Show Me the Wire
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Oprah interviewing Sarah Palin, enough said. ;)

Bochall
11-20-2009, 11:52 AM
National Enquirer?? Oprah is 'frozen out' of the White House inner circle? This is what loss of credibility looks like....some lousy post from a lousier rag just tryin to crack on BO admin....

andymays
11-20-2009, 11:56 AM
National Enquirer?? Oprah is 'frozen out' of the White House inner circle? This is what loss of credibility looks like....some lousy post from a lousier rag just tryin to crack on BO admin....

Where have you been?

The National Enquirer has broken some huge stories over the last few years.

Ask John Edwards. ;)

Bochall
11-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Pitiful....dont know which is worse: that you actually read the Nat'l Enq or that you are posting an excerpt from it:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :8: :6: this crap!!!

andymays
11-20-2009, 12:05 PM
Pitiful....dont know which is worse: that you actually read the Nat'l Enq or that you are posting an excerpt from it:ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown: :8: :6: this crap!!!

I read Hot Air. http://hotair.com

Are you disputing that they've broken some big stories over the last few years?

Did they get anything wrong in the John Edwards story?

GaryG
11-20-2009, 12:11 PM
just tryin to crack on BO admin....That crack is already wide enough for an 18 wheeler. Relax though, Glenn is not yet finished.

bigmack
11-20-2009, 12:22 PM
I'd have to give the first few rounds to Obama as she possesses a distinct reach advantage. However, if Winfrey can get in close and bat her eyelashes a few times, depending on how strong Obama's chin is, she may land several good lashes and drop Obama in the 6th.

I'll say Winfrey in 6.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/images/ne/209862/65485.jpg

Bochall
11-20-2009, 12:24 PM
I read Hot Air. http://hotair.com

Are you disputing that they've broken some big stories over the last few years?

Did they get anything wrong in the John Edwards story? And you write hot air too. I have no idea cuz i dont read that garbage. Do you read the Enquirer regularly? If yes, than you have no cred in my book and if no, then why the quote? Did you do an 'Obama trouble search' on your computer and thats what ya got?
Gary, the original post here was about some Oprah/First Lady spat that was quoted from the Natl Enq. What else you may find wrong with the Prez IS NOT PERTINENT HERE, but you seem to justify the cheap shot by stating that the admin is already in trouble. So, if a Prez isnt living up to your standards it is then cool to take blatant grade school shots at him/his wife??? Sometimes I think the Repubs are bent on taking the Lib whining of the last 4yrs and putting it to SHAME by reaching all time lows of childish waaa waaa waaa take any shot (and i mean ANY shot) at the current admin...even if its from the NatlEnq...i await your excerpt from the Onion.

andymays
11-20-2009, 12:25 PM
And you write hot air too. I have no idea cuz i dont read that garbage. Do you read the Enquirer regularly? If yes, than you have no cred in my book and if no, then why the quote? Did you do an 'Obama trouble search' on your computer and thats what ya got?
Gary, the original post here was about some Oprah/First Lady spat that was quoted from the Natl Enq. What else you may find wrong with the Prez IS NOT PERTINENT HERE, but you seem to justify the cheap shot by stating that the admin is already in trouble. So, if a Prez isnt living up to your standards it is then cool to take blatant grade school shots at him/his wife??? Sometimes I think the Repubs are bent on taking the Lib whining of the last 4yrs and putting it to SHAME by reaching all time lows of childish waaa waaa waaa take any shot (and i mean ANY shot) at the current admin...even if its from the NatlEnq...i await your excerpt from the Onion.

Let me ask you again. Did they get anything wrong with the John Edwards story?

Yes, I check out Hot Air ( http://hotair.com ) on a daily basis.

Bochall
11-20-2009, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=andymays]Let me ask you again. Did they get anything wrong with the John Edwards story?

And again Andy, i have no idea cuz i dont read that junk. I could import all their BS crap stories for you to show what garbage it is, but the Edwards story stands alone huh? Dont judge them on ALL OF THEIR OTHER CRAP, just use the Edwards story....thats like having Brady Quinn complete a fargin pass after 25 straight incompletes and you wanna tell me he's a good QB...after all, he did get that ONE PASS right. No matta how ya slice it Andy, using an excerpt from the Enq is a credibility loser...period.

Bochall
11-20-2009, 12:40 PM
Have you got any hot new stories from Perez Hilton or TMZ about Obama? We would love to hear them...and believe them.:rolleyes: Notice the usual righties arent chiming in on your defense....they know this is lame.

andymays
11-20-2009, 12:42 PM
Have you got any hot new stories from Perez Hilton or TMZ about Obama? We would love to hear them...and believe them.:rolleyes: Notice the usual righties arent chiming in on your defense....they know this is lame.

What did they get wrong about the John Edwards story?

Tom
11-20-2009, 12:43 PM
This is going to be the co-main event! :lol:

andymays
11-20-2009, 12:47 PM
This is going to be the co-main event! :lol:

I guess so.

Everyone knows the Enquirer publishes a lot of junk but the truth is they got the John Edwards story right on along with a couple of others.

We're going to find out in the coming days whether this story has any merit.

Bochall
11-20-2009, 12:53 PM
I guess so.

Everyone knows the Enquirer publishes a lot of junk but the truth is they got the John Edwards story right on along with a couple of others.

We're going to find out in the coming days whether this story has any merit. Please read post 11....so they got Edwards right and 'a couple of others' as you say...guess thats good enough huh? Brady Quinn got a pass right and 'a couple others' right as well this past week. Looks like my fantasy starter!!! Another issue is: is a supposed spat btw Oprah and Michelle a 'story' anyway? Should anyone even give a flying farg?? This is TMZ and E! channel stuff....good grief. I heard Nancy Reagan and Barbara Walters had a falling out........blah blah blah. I am checking out of this thread.

andymays
11-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Please read post 11....so they got Edwards right and 'a couple of others' as you say...guess thats good enough huh? Brady Quinn got a pass right and 'a couple others' right as well this past week. Looks like my fantasy starter!!! Another issue is: is a supposed spat btw Oprah and Michelle a 'story' anyway? Should anyone even give a flying farg?? This is TMZ and E! channel stuff....good grief. I heard Nancy Reagan and Barbara Walters had a falling out........blah blah blah.

If you're not interested in the story what are you doing in the thread?

If they got John Edwards right why not this one?

Is there anything that outrageous in the story?

It didn't say that Oprah and Michelle were abducted by aliens or posessed by demons did it? :lol:

What's so unbelievable about the story? Did you read it?

Bochall
11-20-2009, 01:08 PM
What i am doing in this thread Andy is calling you out for a lame post and shot at the White House. For the last time...i did not and will not read the story. Its the Natl Enq for crying out loud. If a mag prints crap story after crap story after crap story am i really supposed to continue reading it cuz they might get one right??? You should watch the View or something...they make a decent point every once in awhile, which is good enough for you. Brady Quinns final stats for the year(in your eyes): 8 TDs and 1700 passing yards---wow! The real stats: 21 INTs and 43% completions with a 58.2 QB rating (which is about where i have the Enq rated). Bye bye

exactaplayer
11-20-2009, 01:08 PM
http://www.nationalenquirer.com/national_enquirer_world_exclusive_sarah_palins_sec ret_lover_revealed/celebrity/65481

andymays
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
What i am doing in this thread Andy is calling you out for a lame post and shot at the White House. For the last time...i did not and will not read the story. Its the Natl Enq for crying out loud. If a mag prints crap story after crap story after crap story am i really supposed to continue reading it cuz they might get one right??? You should watch the View or something...they make a decent point every once in awhile, which is good enough for you. Brady Quinns final stats for the year(in your eyes): 8 TDs and 1700 passing yards---wow! The real stats: 21 INTs and 43% completions with a 58.2 QB rating (which is about where i have the Enq rated). Bye bye

If you did not read the story and will not read the story then what are you talking about?

The bottom line is that you believe they have no crediblility and I believe they have some credibility.

Is the story plausible or not? I'm asking anyone who actually read the story. ;)

Show Me the Wire
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
So what is wrong taking a pot shot at the WH? Did we lose some fundamental rights of free speech? My, my we are sensative. Talking about a story about Michelle being jealous of Oprah is off limits as a "pot shot" at the WH?

Sounds more like gossip than a political attack. Based on the relentless protest, maybe there is some truth to the story. It would seem pretty useless to defend the WH from petty gossip, wouldn't it?

NJ Stinks
11-20-2009, 01:27 PM

Thanks for keeping us on top of this, Andy. Please continue to follow this story for us. I would do it myself but I prefer the Star.

But that's just me. ;)

andymays
11-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Thanks for keeping us on top of this, Andy. Please continue to follow this story for us. I would do it myself but I prefer the Star.

But that's just me. ;)

If anything shows up on Hot Air about this dust up you'll be the first to know! :D

Bochall
11-20-2009, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=Show Me the Wire]So what is wrong taking a pot shot at the WH? Did we lose some fundamental rights of free speech? My, my we are sensative. Talking about a story about Michelle being jealous of Oprah is off limits as a "pot shot" at the WH?

Just because you have the right doesnt mean that it is right...dig? I can pass gas in an elevator (and some can pass gas on this thread..ha!) but that isnt right. I have the right to use foul language to my grandma, but we know thats not right. And you have the right to look to the Enquirer for your political/gossip news, but MOST people know thats not the right place. If Miley Cyrus gossip is what you seek, then you have that right. Heck, why not get your Hollywood and political news from the SAME place...the Enquirer!
I admit, pot shot was not the correct phrase. I should have said sumtin like, "really? dont we have better things to spend our time on than looking into a supposed spat btw Obama and Winfrey?" Speaking of better spending our time, i have been trying to exit this thread for awhile now....i mean it this time doggone it!!! i am out.

andymays
11-20-2009, 01:32 PM
[QUOTE=Show Me the Wire]So what is wrong taking a pot shot at the WH? Did we lose some fundamental rights of free speech? My, my we are sensative. Talking about a story about Michelle being jealous of Oprah is off limits as a "pot shot" at the WH?

Just because you have the right doesnt mean that it is right...dig? I can pass gas in an elevator (and some can pass gas on this thread..ha! :lol:) but that isnt right. I have the right to use foul language to my grandma, but we know thats not right. And you have the right to look to the Enquirer for your political/gossip news, but MOST people know thats not the right place. If Miley Cyrus gossip is what you seek, then you have that right. Heck, why not get your Hollywood and political news from the SAME place...the Enquirer!
I admit, pot shot was not the correct phrase. I should have said sumtin like, "really? dont we have better things to spend our time on than looking into a supposed spat btw Obama and Winfrey?" Speaking of better spending our time, i have been trying to exit this thread for awhile now....i mean it this time doggone it!!! i am out.

What keeps pulling you back in? You must have read the story. ;)

After all inquiring minds want to know right? :D

Tom
11-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I guess so.

I put them above cBS, CNN, MSNBC..........the Lame Street Media covered up the story.

Tom
11-20-2009, 01:37 PM
Don't you have better things to do than spend your time telling us we have better things to do? :rolleyes:;)

Bochall
11-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Tom, me and Andy had a perfectly good scrap goin on and now you're bustin me up man! :D Stop with the logic and all would ya!? Uhhhhhh, told ya i was leaving this thread......

Show Me the Wire
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
.................................................. .............................

Just because you have the right doesnt mean that it is right...dig? I can pass gas in an elevator (and some can pass gas on this thread..ha!) but that isnt right. I have the right to use foul language to my grandma, but we know thats not right. And you have the right to look to the Enquirer for your political/gossip news, but MOST people know thats not the right place. If Miley Cyrus gossip is what you seek, then you have that right. Heck, why not get your Hollywood and political news from the SAME place...the Enquirer!

You are correct about rights. I agree we should use discretion. The same discretion, which was ignored by progressive posters taking pot shots at the WH and administration officails during Bush's administration. Based on previous behavior your pleas, will more than likely, fall on deaf ears about discretionary use of freedom of speech , especially in regard to dislike of the current sitting president. A sad precedent has been set, but a precedent, none the less, by the progressive posters on this forum.

Unfortunately for Michelle the Enquirer gained credibility for breaking the Edwards story, a story the traditional press tried to sweep under the proverbial rug. Now the burden is on Michelle to show this story is not being treated the same way by the traditional press. Advantage Enquirer.

Also, some do not have better things to spend their time on, just ask Zilly, hcap, sec to name a few while the enemy is occupying the WH.

Hope this information is helpfull.

andymays
11-20-2009, 01:45 PM
Tom, me and Andy had a perfectly good scrap goin on and now you're bustin me up man! :D Stop with the logic and all would ya!? Uhhhhhh, told ya i was leaving this thread......

The thread is kinda like a good potato chip. Just one more.

Getting back to the story maybe Barack and Oprah got a little too touchy feely during the campaign and it pissed off Michelle. Maybe Barack called out Oprahs name while he was sleeping or something like that. :cool:

illinoisbred
11-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Maybe Barack can invite the 2 in for iced-teas and settle the matter. Hell, invite Dr. Phil too.

Bochall
11-20-2009, 01:57 PM
I agree, a session with the doc is in order here.

prospector
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
If anything shows up on Hot Air about this dust up you'll be the first to know! :D
thanks for the hot air..i've added it to my daily reading...I'M NOT AFRAID OF THE TRUTH..:)

PaceAdvantage
11-21-2009, 03:13 AM
What i am doing in this thread Andy is calling you out for a lame post and shot at the White House. For the last time...i did not and will not read the story. Its the Natl Enq for crying out loud. That fact that you are trying this hard speaks volumes.

rastajenk
11-21-2009, 09:27 AM
I don't know for sure, but I don't recall the National Enquirer falling for the Balloon Boy story hook line and stinker like all the other sources out there. :eek:

andymays
11-21-2009, 09:58 AM
I don't know for sure, but I don't recall the National Enquirer falling for the Balloon Boy story hook line and stinker like all the other sources out there. :eek:

:lol:

Bochall
11-21-2009, 11:06 AM
That fact that you are trying this hard speaks volumes.
Did you read the story?

Show Me the Wire
11-21-2009, 11:12 AM
Wouldn't be the first time two women fight over a preening male :lol:

toetoe
11-21-2009, 04:15 PM
[/SIZE]

Getting back to the story maybe Barack and Oprah got a little too touchy feely during the campaign and it pissed off Michelle.

Well, after all, Michelle did throw Steveland Morris under the bus ... or at least down the stairs. :D .

Everybody now. If you don't know the words, just hum the scale:

Bah-ah-rack-oh-bah-ah-ah-ma. Bah-ah-rack-oh-bah-ah-ah-ma.

Tom
11-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Two alleged woman.

NoDayJob
11-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Wearing a Prada designed suit, the first lady of da U.S. In da white octagon
corner, wearing Armani designed bibb overalls, Ms. Oprah. Scheduled for 12 rounds. :lol:

andymays
11-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Wearing a Prada designed suit, the first lady of da U.S. In da white octagon
corner, wearing Armani designed bibb overalls, Ms. Oprah. Scheduled for 12 rounds. :lol:

More Proof of trouble between the two!

Michelle Obama vs. Oprah - Funny Oprah Photo

http://politicalhumor.about.com/od/barackobama/ig/Barack-Obama-Pictures/Michelle-Obama-vs--Oprah.htm

PaceAdvantage
11-22-2009, 02:37 AM
Did you read the story?The story doesn't really interest me whether it's true or not...your reaction to it is what interests me most...