PDA

View Full Version : How does Chris Matthews get away with his racism?

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2009, 05:52 AM
Exhibit A:

Sp7EOYRIVx0

andymays
11-19-2009, 07:15 AM
He's gone so far off the rails and has become such a cartoon character that barely anyone takes him seriously. He's one of the people who are helping drive Independents and some moderate democrats away from Obama.

Having said that it's another example of a double standard that's been going on in this country for some time now.

Maybe this stuff From "tingle boy" is good for people to see. His ratings are through the floor and he's only there because Zucker and Immelt believe the same junk. Videos like this are sent all over the place and I'll wager Matthews and MSNBC are the laughing stock of a growing number of newsrooms.

prospector
11-19-2009, 09:40 AM
not easy to take a guy with wet pants seriously..

bigmack
11-19-2009, 09:55 AM
His ratings are through the floor and he's only there because Zucker and Immelt believe the same junk. Videos like this are sent all over the place and I'll wager Matthews and MSNBC are the laughing stock of a growing number of newsrooms.
When he's yappin' @ 5 eastern how many more are watching Beck?

10x. That's 10 times the amount of viewers!

If it weren't for ideology, they'd be better off re-airing Locked Up over & over again. Wait, that's weekends.

KE_6vWb0iBs

Tom
11-19-2009, 10:09 AM
Same way Jesse J got away with his Himmie Town comments.
Racism is a political tool, nothing more.
The problem of racism in this country is mainly confined to the left and to African Americans. Fact of life.

The problem with equality is it requires equality in responsibility as well as benefit. As we saw in the Obama-buck crowds - many prefer the handout.

boxcar
11-19-2009, 10:22 AM
It's whackjobs like Matthews who keep racism alive and well in this country. It's guys like him who keep this country divided and the constantly want to widen that division.

Imagine if some black politico shows up to some rally or whatever and the majority of the people are black, and FNC, maybe Hannity or Beck or whoever commented that an awful lot of black people showed up -- that the crowd is "monochromist". That commentator or reporter would be tarred and feathered as a racist for those kinds of remarks. How can racism die in this country when bottom feeders like Matthew go out of their way constantly stoking the fires to keep it alive?

Also, someone should tell Matthews that whenever he sees lots of white people somewhere, it could also be because whites still comprise the large majority in this country. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

jballscalls
11-19-2009, 11:47 AM
the double standard for racism in this country towards whites is quite incredible with how easily it is tolerated. Maybe people think we are getting our "back pay" of racism owed towards us for our own racism back in the day, but it's quite amazing why it's tolerated.

kenwoodallpromos
11-19-2009, 01:54 PM
If you can think of nothing else obvious to divide people, look to race, height, hair stlyed, ot whatever is handy!

boxcar
11-19-2009, 02:06 PM
the double standard for racism in this country towards whites is quite incredible with how easily it is tolerated. Maybe people think we are getting our "back pay" of racism owed towards us for our own racism back in the day, but it's quite amazing why it's tolerated.

Easy to understand, really. White and Black libs have been laying false guilt trips on whites for decades. If you're white -- then you're guilty of racism just on the basis of your race association with other white people, who probably are really guilty of racism if you're not! Therefore, so many whites who have allowed themselves to be engulfed with this kind of guilt trip just grin and bear it. It's part of their expiation ritual. It's a how they justify themselves.

Boxcar

mostpost
11-19-2009, 02:40 PM
I love the way you guys make up definitions to suit your needs. From the Merriam Webster on line dictionary:
Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce and inherent superiority of a particular race. (End of definition)
Nowhere in that definition does it say that racism is pointing out that all the people in a crowd are white. Especially when all the people in the crowd ARE white.
I know what you are doing. The old trick of yelling as loud as you can that your opponent is doing the very things that you are doing. Disguising your own racism with code words and phrases. Words like community organizer and ACORN; phrases like SEIU thugs, a Kenyon, not an American. Words like anchors and phrases like pullling your own weight; and it is always "them" who won't pull their weight.

Tom
11-19-2009, 02:47 PM
Nice try, but as usual, totally wrongs.
Those "code words" are 100% accurate.
Palin supporters are NOT racist.

So simple, even a caveman can understand it.:rolleyes:

toetoe
11-19-2009, 05:46 PM
I love the way you guys make up definitions to suit your needs.

Okay, fair enough; but somehow your mindreading and "decoding" are acceptable ? Do better, my bruthah. Do better.

GaryG
11-19-2009, 05:53 PM
Disguising your own racism with code words and phrases. Words like community organizer and ACORN; phrases like SEIU thugs, a Kenyon, not an American.Could you splain how these words and phrases are racist?

skate
11-19-2009, 06:19 PM
Hey hey hey now, i sure am glad to see somebody else has the same feelings bout matchews.

nothing against gays, but i declare, someday this guy/gal comes out from the closet.
he's too bitter, shows up "always", so i figures he hiddin.

Man oh man , does he/her hate Cheney, or what.:lol:
guess who gets that point?

Rookies
11-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Nice try, but as usual, totally wrongs.
Those "code words" are 100% accurate.
Palin supporters are NOT racist.

So simple, even a caveman can understand it.:rolleyes:

Not so fast, Thomas.

While I wouldn't call you a caveman Tommy, I'm sure EVEN you can connect the dots here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Esocs9qPRY

'splain away to the rest of us Neanderthals here, Lucy... :lol: :lol: :D

Tom
11-19-2009, 06:44 PM
You call that racism?

Don't make me laugh.

bigmack
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
Nowhere in that definition does it say that racism is pointing out that all the people in a crowd are white. Especially when all the people in the crowd ARE white.
Do tell. Is that all you heard him say. Rewind the tape.

I think there's a tribal aspect to this thing, in other words white verses other people.

While I wouldn't call you a caveman Tommy, I'm sure EVEN you can connect the dots here
What is this, some sort of a joke?

Rookies
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
You call that racism?

Don't make me laugh.

Is that your best ?

THAT IS LAUGHABLE!

Let's see now, what do we have your Honour ?

A white man, carrying a monkey doll with 'Obama' on the headband and waving it around at a Palin rally. And when caught out, the greasy con trys to remove the headband and of course- HIDE! Yep- nothing here.

I rest my case.

Tom
11-19-2009, 06:52 PM
What case?

JustRalph
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
In America we have the First Amendment. You are allowed to be racist if you want to be...........

Rookies
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
In America we have the First Amendment. You are allowed to be racist if you want to be...........

Finally- a voice of sanity/ insanity depending on your take.

Only a blind partisan does not understand this Ralph.
Only a wilfully blind partisan ignores the facts that a component of Palin's support are racist conservatives. To be clear, this is a subset of conservatism, but obviously some can't even see that.

In this case, of course Tom qualifies for this disability.

lamboguy
11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
its a very simple answer, he work for a network that not only allows it, they are part of it. they have been a disgrace now for over 20 years. i won't watch cnbc either, i like bloomberg

JustRalph
11-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Finally- a voice of sanity/ insanity depending on your take.

Only a wilfully blind partisan ignores the facts that a component of Palin's support are racist conservatives. To be clear, this is a subset of conservatism, but obviously some can't even see that.

In this case, of course Tom qualifies for this disability.

yeah right..........

Racist types come in all shapes, colors and origins. Conservatives are no more racist than anybody else. Everybody has their own set of values. No matter who they are. I know some blacks that are stone cold racist. The way they talk about Hispanics and treat them is incredible. But it is accepted in "their" culture. Same with Gays. Some blacks I know.....plain hate the lifestyle. I don't get it. I guess just another "subset" to use your term. Nobody is as well rounded as a Liberal..........we all know that. :lol:

CapperLou
11-19-2009, 07:53 PM
He's gone so far off the rails and has become such a cartoon character that barely anyone takes him seriously. He's one of the people who are helping drive Independents and some moderate democrats away from Obama.

Having said that it's another example of a double standard that's been going on in this country for some time now.

Maybe this stuff From "tingle boy" is good for people to see. His ratings are through the floor and he's only there because Zucker and Immelt believe the same junk. Videos like this are sent all over the place and I'll wager Matthews and MSNBC are the laughing stock of a growing number of newsrooms.

I do not normally post on the off topic politics, but this guy, Chris (I'm lit up tonight) Matthews needs to go away from msnbc just like they did to Imus. He is old and tired and constantly harps about the peanut farmer he worked for and the good speaker Tip O.

Chris, why don't you retire and let your wife stay on local TV--give all of us a break--you are a conceited happy hour for me guy who every time I see you anywhere on TV--I feel like puking as I'm sure you do often.

Just go away--you have to do it yourself because the idiots who run msnbc cannot figure you or anything out in their business.

PaceAdvantage
11-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Only a wilfully blind partisan ignores the facts that a component of Palin's support are racist conservatives.Only a blind partisan wouldn't acknowledge that the person holding the monkey might in fact be a left-wing Palin-bashing plant...nahhh....that would never happen...all that camera time...simply a coincidence...:lol:

For the kicker, this blind partisan probably would take the faux monkey man and use him to paint a significant portion of the remaining attendees with the same brush.

Rookies
11-19-2009, 08:03 PM
For the kicker, this blind partisan probably would take the faux monkey man and use him to paint a significant portion of the remaining attendees with the same brush.

Incorrect.

The blind partisan would make an ABSOLUTE statement, like this one:

"Palin supporters are NOT racist." ( emphasis not mine)

Clearly- some are.

johnhannibalsmith
11-19-2009, 08:12 PM
I went to a Red Sox game once at Fenway Park and the large, white man with #8 on his souvenir Red Sox jersey used a racial epithet to describe the left fielder on the Blue Jays.

So are Red Sox fans racist or are they not, not racist...?

Or maybe it really doesn't matter because the actual problem was the big fat idiot yelling at the left fielder...

jeeezuuuzz :mad:

Tom
11-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Incorrect.

The blind partisan would make an ABSOLUTE statement, like this one:

"Palin supporters are NOT racist." ( emphasis not mine)

Clearly- some are.

And you do not believe many MORE of Obama's are not? :lol:

A blind partisan would interpret the original comment like you have done.
The impression was that ALL of her supporters ar racists.
Or a Canadian.

Rookies
11-19-2009, 08:29 PM
I went to a Red Sox game once at Fenway Park and the large, white man with #8 on his souvenir Red Sox jersey used a racial epithet to describe the left fielder on the Blue Jays.

So are Red Sox fans racist or are they not, not racist...?

Or maybe it really doesn't matter because the actual problem was the big fat idiot yelling at the left fielder...

jeeezuuuzz :mad:

Historically- undeniable- as the last team to integrate. But, you must know that already. #9 spoke to it upon his induction to Cooperstown.

And if that idiot called the Jays player a racial epithet...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????????????????

Are we in bizzarro world here ?

GaryG
11-19-2009, 08:46 PM
How on earth can you make sweeping generalities based on the actions of one person? Anecdotal data can be very misleading. How many blacks voted for the emperor simply because of his ethnicity?

bigmack
11-19-2009, 08:47 PM
On a day when Chris Matthews refers to people in line for a book signing 'a tribal thing' and JJ says 'You can't vote against health care and call yourself a black man' we've got someone from Canada posting a video about some goof with a monkey doll trying to make a more than assumed point about racism?

Golly

cj's dad
11-19-2009, 08:58 PM
What some call racism, many more call reality.

johnhannibalsmith
11-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Historically- undeniable- as the last team to integrate. But, you must know that already. #9 spoke to it upon his induction to Cooperstown.

And if that idiot called the Jays player a racial epithet...

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????????????????

Are we in bizzarro world here ?

Just to be clear - it is your assertion that Red Sox fans are inherently racist and my tale of one man's behavior supports that claim?

No wonder everyone is racist except the individual making the claim.

boxcar
11-19-2009, 11:49 PM
I love the way you guys make up definitions to suit your needs. From the Merriam Webster on line dictionary:
Racism: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce and inherent superiority of a particular race. (End of definition)

Get yourself a better dictionary because your definition does not end there in mine. Secondary definition reads:

2. Racial prejudice or discrimination.

I know what you are doing. The old trick of yelling as loud as you can that your opponent is doing the very things that you are doing. Disguising your own racism with code words and phrases. Words like community organizer and ACORN; phrases like SEIU thugs, a Kenyon, not an American. Words like anchors and phrases like pullling your own weight; and it is always "them" who won't pull their weight.

Actually, it's not all as complicated as that. We simply call a spade a spade. ;) Exactly the way things are.

However, many of your phrases above are more synonymous with communism.

Boxcar

Hank
11-20-2009, 11:06 AM
The only racism that still exist is reverse racism against poor oppressed white folks.And the poor right wingers are the victims of this most often,as they often point out here on OT. Right wingers abhor racism and double standards.We could have really used these great freedom fighters back in the day when we were fighting for civil and human rights. But for some inexplicable reason they were nowhere to be found,go figure.;)

Tom
11-20-2009, 11:30 AM
The only racism that still exist is reverse racism against poor oppressed white folks.And the poor right wingers are the victims of this most often,as they often point out here on OT. Right wingers abhor racism and double standards.We could have really used these great freedom fighters back in the day when we were fighting for civil and human rights. But for some inexplicable reason they were nowhere to be found,go figure.;)

And you were at every march, rally, meeting, demonstration...and you know none of us were there personally?

they were nowhere to be found,go figure.You talking about the Black fathers? I dunno - haven't seen them. Why do so many desert their families? i can assure you, I am not chasing them away.

Get a life. The days of marching are over - time to stand up and man up. You have to that yourself. And it ain't happening.

boxcar
11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
The only racism that still exist is reverse racism against poor oppressed white folks.And the poor right wingers are the victims of this most often,as they often point out here on OT. Right wingers abhor racism and double standards.

You're quite right, we do abhor those things or anything that promulgates those, such as Affirmative Action, which by definition and practice must discriminate against whites by favoring blacks -- all on the basis of skin color in both cases.

Boxcar

Tom
11-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Did I miss the outrage of this?
I would think this is far worse that the little monkey doll, huh?

ddog
11-20-2009, 01:09 PM
only a near relation of the "three monkey crowd" would at this LATE LATE date in their lives STILL NOT UNDERSTAND THAT the country is racist to the core.

We paper over it better (pc and all that) , it is what it is.

Live with it, get over it.

Afterall as TOm and Boxet claim, it really doesn't exist or hurt anyone they know so why keep the pot boiling?

The corners of your race cards are so frayed, pls break out the new decks.
:lol:

ddog
11-20-2009, 01:13 PM
And you were at every march, rally, meeting, demonstration...and you know none of us were there personally?

You talking about the Black fathers? I dunno - haven't seen them. Why do so many desert their families? i can assure you, I am not chasing them away.

Get a life. The days of marching are over - time to stand up and man up. You have to that yourself. And it ain't happening.

and these white fathers .....................

since there are many more of them , will they stand up, will you help them?

ddog
11-20-2009, 01:16 PM
Did I miss the outrage of this?
I would think this is far worse that the little monkey doll, huh?

nah, those monkeys were still alive it seemed.

He must have modelled for some of those creatures though, striking, i had not ever seen the pics side by side.

I suggest PA pull that post as Tom is a little too close for comfort on that one.
:D

MONEY
11-20-2009, 02:08 PM
You're quite right, we do abhor those things or anything that promulgates those, such as Affirmative Action, which by definition and practice must discriminate against whites by favoring blacks -- all on the basis of skin color in both cases.

Boxcar
This is not true. In the 1970s I twice scored 100% on the NYPD exam & twice I was eliminated simply because I lived in zip code 10455. The NYPD choose zip codes in Harlem & the South Bronx & decided not to hire from those areas because candidates were likely to be drug users. I am a minority, but I was not then and am not now a drug user. Without Affirmative Action I would not have been hired to the NYPD.
I believe that Affirmative Action was taken too far, when candidates that did not pass exams or did not meet the qualifications had to get hired simply to meet race qoutas, but I also believe that Affirmative Action was at one time a necessary evil.

money

JustRalph
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
How many blacks voted for the emperor simply because of his ethnicity?

This being the most blatantly racist event I have ever witnessed but I have only been around 50 yrs. I remember watching the struggle for racial equality in the 60's as a child...and thru the 70's.......... and coming to understand it as I grew. I have seen it in all forms as a police officer........it cuts both ways. I have seen it in business while running a business. If you can't understand that most of the racial problems blacks face today are brought upon themselves..........you are blind.

It holds no comparison to a written record of actual hypocrisy displayed by blacks in the last election. i.e. the election results and the wholesale voting for OBama because of his skin color by blacks.

Blacks victimize themselves as if it is a calling from God. As a group they are so mislead.........and deceived where it seems to be their DNA.

Rookies
11-20-2009, 08:16 PM
Just to be clear - it is your assertion that Red Sox fans are inherently racist and my tale of one man's behavior supports that claim?

No wonder everyone is racist except the individual making the claim.

Apparently, you are very unclear about what I said, but I have trouble believing that.

As I mentioned the Boston Red Sox were clearly a racist organization. THEY admit it: "The present Red Sox ownership has acknowledged that the club's history has included "...an undeniable legacy of racial intolerance, The fact that it took until 1959 for Pumpsie Green to integrate the Sox infield speaks volumes."

The Red Sox weren't alone at the time and anybody who ever attended a game involving Jackie Robinson can testify to that. Most of us here lived through the Jim Crow period, where among many other despicable things, black ball players couldn't stay at the same hotels as their white teammates. That was less than 40 years ago.

There is little doubt that many of the Red Sox fans were on side with being racist. Are they today ? I dont know, since I'm not a Bosox fan. The one individual you cited sure as hell was. And, that's all I said. But you know that!

Finally, I never said that all Palin supporters were racists. Again, some undoubtedly are.

I have a pretty good understanding of the English language, though.
So when I don't see any qualifiers: " Many, most, the vast majority, etc.", then those statements are intended to convey ALL and be absolute. If I think that is b.s., I will point out where that clearly is not the case.

toetoe
11-20-2009, 10:29 PM
I rest my case.

What does that mean --- you put down your basketwork ?

toetoe
11-20-2009, 10:35 PM
I believe that Affirmative Action was taken too far, when candidates that did not pass exams or did not meet the qualifications had to get hired simply to meet race qoutas, but I also believe that Affirmative Action was at one time a necessary evil.

money

YES !!! :jump: . So now we start anew, right ? I'm willing.

toetoe
11-20-2009, 10:45 PM

So if I dislike someone because of his skin tone, or even his cultural norms, I may be a colorist or a culturist, but how does that betray a belief in race as a primary determinant; and how does wearing a monkey suit (or any other insult) betray such a belief ?

I'm swilling the Kool-Aid that tastes like this: it's a thousand-way dead heat for best race, baby. Stick around --- soon, folks will be going to jail for voicing disagreement with that. No, wait; stewards have ruled that for absence of melanin, Whitey has been disqualified to eternal last place. Come on, paleface --- you can handle it. Nobody likes a white whiner.

toetoe
11-20-2009, 10:48 PM
it is what it is.

I can take all the specious arguments, all the white guilt; even the false dichotomies. However, the Paula Abdul rhetoric has me in tears. :( .