PDA

View Full Version : question

HUSKER55
11-18-2009, 03:48 PM
how many verify that what you are measureing with your method work?

or do you just count the strike rate

or nothing at all

GaryG
11-18-2009, 06:33 PM
Just the profit and loss. My ADW is nice enough to do it for me, so I have more time to visit PA.....

CBedo
11-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Hard to answer. I try to "know" what's going on, but sometimes you don't know what you know or know what you don't know. :rolleyes:

QuarterCrack
11-19-2009, 01:19 PM
And if you don't know what you don't know, how would you even know you didn't know what you didn't know?

:confused:

raybo
11-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Back when I actually used speed, pace , class, and race ratings as factors, I tried to verify whether they were in the ballpark or not, for obvious reasons.

Now I don't use any ratings produced by the data provider. I use raw times and adjust them by fractional variants and variable times per beaten length. This process gets me as close to how each horse performed as I have ever been able to get.

The verification process, for me, centers around making sure my auto-paceline method has selected a legitimate paceline for grading each horse.

Another verification centers around an analysis of where the money is coming from and whether or not good support is warranted or not.

skate
12-02-2009, 02:49 PM
If the race went the way i had 'it', i doubt i'd look further.

If i lost, I'd like to find an answer.

I doubt that the answer would be in my pace figures, more likely the horse was not sent., or the race ran away from my idea.