PDA

View Full Version : Palin Book Tour......

JustRalph
11-18-2009, 01:27 PM
Here is another viewpoint.......and actually addresses the popularity of the book.

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/11/18/1500-wait-in-freezing-weather-to-meet-palin-on-book-tour/

Btw......Oprah got the highest ratings in 2 years during her interview with Palin.

1500 wait in freezing weather to meet Palin on book tour
POSTED AT 10:55 AM ON NOVEMBER 18, 2009 BY ED MORRISSEY
SHARE ON FACEBOOK | PRINTER-FRIENDLY

In case anyone needed an example of the drawing power and political energy that Sarah Palin wields, the Detroit Free Press report on the start of her book tour should fill the gap nicely. Despite freezing temperatures, people gathered by the hundreds early this morning to greet Palin in person at a Grand Rapids bookstore. By 5 am, five hundred people stood outside the Barnes & Noble — and two hours later, the numbers had swelled to 1500:

And that’s 4:55 this morning when the thermometer had dipped into the 30s. But the 500 or so people in line didn’t mind the sleepless night or the onset of winter.

“What she represents is what we’re standing in line for,” said Robin Case, 44, of Traverse City, who set up a chair and sleeping bag at 9 p.m. Tuesday to make sure she got the chance to meet Sarah Palin, former Alaska Governor and vice presidential candidate. “She’s real and she’s standing up for what we believe in.”

Palin was scheduled to begin her “Going Rogue” book tour at the Barnes & Noble Booksellers in suburban Grand Rapids.

By 7 a.m., the line had swelled to more than 1,500 people as Barnes & Noble wrapped orange wristbands around Palin fans’ wrists.

Most authors would be pleased to get 1500 people in total to show up for a book tour. (Heck, most authors would kill to sell 1500 books.) Even the Lord of the Rings openings didn’t attract 1500 fans for a 7 am show. Star Wars didn’t get this kind of response. And if Massachusetts is any indicator, not even Barack Obama can pack a house like this any more.

Sarah Palin is a phenomenon, and the release of her book proves it. Even the media that loves to deride her has spent the past few days obsessing over her — so much so that Jamie Weinstein wonders whether the media knows that there are other stories to cover. We didn’t see anything like this when Ted Kennedy’s memoirs were published posthumously, nor when the Clinton memoirs came out.

more at the link

Tom
11-18-2009, 03:35 PM
She's here Saturday.
I'm there.

boxcar
11-18-2009, 04:17 PM
She's here Saturday.
I'm there.

Go, Tom! You rock! :)

Boxcar

46zilzal
11-18-2009, 04:21 PM
Big crowds stare at terrible car accidents just as fervently.

boxcar
11-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Big crowds stare at terrible car accidents just as fervently.

That would also nicely explain the huge crowds that show up to see BO. They want to witness a car wreck in progress. Must be some kind of NASCAR crowd mentality. You think? :rolleyes:

Boxcar
P.S. What would have been your take if only 15 people had showed up? Just curious.

hcap
11-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Sorry guys. Another case of huffing and puffing. But don't let that stop you Tom. Go to the tour Saturday and don't forget to vote for her in 2012. :rolleyes:

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/11/18/fox-crowd-shot-palin/

Fox News displays old campaign footage to claim Palin is getting ‘huge crowds’ at her book signings.

'This afternoon, Fox News host Gregg Jarrett proudly announced that Sarah Palin is “continuing to draw huge crowds while she’s promoting her brand new book. Take a look at — these are some of the pictures just coming into us.” But the pictures that the network chose to display on-air appeared to be old file footage of Palin rallies from the 2008 presidential campaign."

hcap
11-18-2009, 08:04 PM
The Dream Team you guys have been waiting for. :bang: :rolleyes: :D

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/palin-glenn-beck-clever-rule-palinbeck-ticket/

Palin says Glenn Beck ‘clever,’ won’t rule out Palin-Beck ticket

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, asked whether she'd campaign with Fox News' personality Glenn Beck as her running mate, chuckled, but according to a conservative website, "wouldn't rule it out."

exactaplayer
11-18-2009, 08:06 PM
Yepper,
More bs from faux. But like the video in other thread points out stupid folks buy this shit. :lol:
Palin and Beck, my dream ticket fer sure. You betcha !;)

46zilzal
11-18-2009, 08:18 PM
The Dream Team you guys have been waiting for. :bang: :rolleyes: :D

http://rawstory.com/2009/11/palin-glenn-beck-clever-rule-palinbeck-ticket/

Palin says Glenn Beck ‘clever,’ won’t rule out Palin-Beck ticket

Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, asked whether she'd campaign with Fox News' personality Glenn Beck as her running mate, chuckled, but according to a conservative website, "wouldn't rule it out."
Wow not one but TWO mentally unstable characters on a ticket together. I can see one of the debates now as Beck is pressed and become unhinged: "Get off my stage! Get off my stage!"

prospector
11-18-2009, 09:27 PM
you guys are really funny with your fear of palin or beck and your hatred of fox putting out the truth...did you see obama interviewed today by fox news..he wanted the interview to be seen..he knows nobody watches msnbc or cnn...

Tom
11-18-2009, 09:40 PM
Wow not one but TWO mentally unstable characters...

Yes. You and hcap. :lol:
The fact that you are both clinging to her joke reveals just how much she scares you guys. You two remind me of Hansel and Gretel!

NJ Stinks
11-18-2009, 09:43 PM
She's here Saturday.
I'm there.

Talk about unstable. :lol:

Tom
11-18-2009, 09:51 PM
You are calling me unstable for going to a book signing?
Could you elaborate on that? Why is that unstable? What is your criteria for stable in a case like this?

DJofSD
11-18-2009, 10:01 PM
11/18: Grand Rapids, MI - Barnes & Noble, Woodland Mall, 3670 28th St SE, Kentwood, 7 PM

11/19: Fort Wayne, IN - Meijer - 10301 Maysville Rd, Fort Wayne (
11/19: Noblesville, IN - Borders Books and Music, 13145 Levinson Lane, 7 PM

11/20: Cincinnati, OH - Joseph-Beth Booksellers, 2692 Madison Rd, Norwood, Noon
11/20: Columbus, OH

11/21: Washington, PA - Sam's Club, 80 Trinity Point Drive, South Strabane
11/21: Rochester, NY - Borders Books and Music, 1000 Hylan Drive, Henrietta, 7 PM

11/22: Roanoke, VA - Barnes & Noble, 4811 Valley View Blvd N NW, Valley View Mall 12 Noon,

11/23: Fort Bragg, NC - AAFES Post Exchange, Bldg. #8-5050 Butner Rd, North Post Mall
11/23: Birmingham, AL - Books-A-Million, 757 Brookwood Village, Birmingham, 7 PM

11/24: Jacksonville, FL - Books-A-Million, 1910 Wells Road, Orange Park, Noon
11/24: The Villages, FL - Barnes & Noble, 1055 Old Camp Road, Lake Sumter Mkt Sq, 4 PM

11/24: Orlando, FL - Barnes & Noble, Colonial Plaza, 2418 East Colonial Drive, 7PM

11/26 - 11/29: Thanksgiving Break

12/03: Fayetteville, AR - Sam's Club, 3081 North Highway 112 at I-540, exit 66

12/04: Dallas, TX - Legacy Books, 7300 Dallas Parkway, Plano, 11AM - 2 PM,

12/06: Sioux City, IA - Barnes & Noble, Southern Hills Mall, 4400 Sergeant Rd, 1PM
12/06: Sioux Falls, SD - Barnes & Noble, 3700 West 41st St, Sioux Falls, 5PM

12/07: Bloomington, MN - Barnes & Noble, 118 East Broadway Suite 238, Mall of America, 7 PM

TBA: Albuquerque, NM and other venues

DJofSD
11-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Tom, you are considered unstable because you can read and you buy books. Liberals would like to think we're living a Ray Bradbury "Fahrenheit 451" world.

Tom
11-18-2009, 10:15 PM
11/18: Grand Rapids, MI - Barnes & Noble, Woodland Mall, 3670 28th St SE, Kentwood, 7 PM

11/19: Fort Wayne, IN - Meijer - 10301 Maysville Rd, Fort Wayne (
11/19: Noblesville, IN - Borders Books and Music, 13145 Levinson Lane, 7 PM

11/20: Cincinnati, OH - Joseph-Beth Booksellers, 2692 Madison Rd, Norwood, Noon
11/20: Columbus, OH

11/21: Washington, PA - Sam's Club, 80 Trinity Point Drive, South Strabane
11/21: Rochester, NY - Borders Books and Music, 1000 Hylan Drive, Henrietta, 7 PM Woo Hoo!

I bought a copy of Fahrenheit 451 and burned it! :D

bigmack
11-18-2009, 10:24 PM
Always a treat to see the collective 'rope-a-dopes': 46, hcap, exactaplayer/ljb, njstinky in the same thread mixing it up in a pool of nothingness.

Higher thought has never been so low.

Palin bashing? What a joy it must be. :ThmbUp:

Rookies
11-18-2009, 10:38 PM
If I was ever interested in this tome, (which I ain't) Abby had the best philosophy to acquire it! ;)

NJ Stinks
11-18-2009, 10:59 PM
You are calling me unstable for going to a book signing?
Could you elaborate on that? Why is that unstable? What is your criteria for stable in a case like this?

Where's your dignity, man, for crying out loud! :lol: (I'll look forward to your Saturday pictures when you post them on Facebook! :lol: :lol: )

(That's about as deep as I can get on Sarah, Mack. I'm sure I'm missing what you all see but what else is new?)

P.S. I really like our VP Joe Biden. :ThmbUp:

boxcar
11-18-2009, 11:29 PM
Where's your dignity, man, for crying out loud! :lol: (I'll look forward to your Saturday pictures when you post them on Facebook! :lol: :lol: )

(That's about as deep as I can get on Sarah, Mack. I'm sure I'm missing what you all see but what else is new?)

P.S. I really like our VP Joe Biden. :ThmbUp:

Yeah...I bet you're drawn to him like flies to poop. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

jballscalls
11-19-2009, 09:43 AM
Sarah certainly has a big following and her book will sell mass amounts of copies, just like most right wing books do.

I know the dems are hoping that her book sells millions of copies and keeps her in the limelight up until 2012 and she is part of the ticket again. I think they are rooting for her to sell more books than the cons are.

Tom
11-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Sorry guys. Another case of huffing and puffing. But don't let that stop you Tom. Go to the tour Saturday and don't forget to vote for her in 2012. :rolleyes:

Fox News displays old campaign footage to claim Palin is getting ‘huge crowds’ at her book signings.

'This afternoon, Fox News host Gregg Jarrett proudly announced that Sarah Palin is “continuing to draw huge crowds while she’s promoting her brand new book. Take a look at — these are some of the pictures just coming into us.” But the pictures that the network chose to display on-air appeared to be old file footage of Palin rallies from the 2008 presidential campaign."

Common practice to show file footage with a story. The FACTS of the story are intact, and if you like to see real photos, here ya go.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/nov/18/palin-book-tour-draws-massive-michigan-crowd/

And from Obama's hometown paper...

http://xml.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/sns-dc-palin-final,0,6717218.story

Greyfox
11-19-2009, 03:39 PM
She's here Saturday.
I'm there.

"Groupie." :lol: :lol:

Tom
11-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Better than Stalker! :eek:

46zilzal
11-19-2009, 04:19 PM
CNN: Palin has ground to gain if she has designs on 2012. Fewer than three in 10 Americans think she's qualified to be president, according to a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll. That puts her behind potential Republican 2012 contenders Mike Huckabee and Mitt Romney.

JustRalph
11-19-2009, 04:39 PM
http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/local_news/stories/2009/11/19/palin-signs-book-in-columbus.html?sid=101

bigmack
11-19-2009, 05:01 PM
The Chief Washington Correspondent for NBC News, Norah O'Donnell following the tour to belittle attendees. That's Chief Washington Correspondent :bang:

NBC and their deranged sister MSNBC continuing to position this book tour as a campaign tour. Odd.

PjovbveUgtc

Secretariat
11-19-2009, 05:39 PM

You gotta love it Hcap. FOX needs to change it's logo to "we're either wrong or incompetent and we've got the footage to back it up."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts988

Fox News again accused of airing misleading video

For the second time in just over a week, Fox News is coming under fire for misusing old news footage. The latest flap is leading some people to charge that the cable news network is intentionally misleading its audience, while Fox claims a "production error."

The current mishap comes on the heels of a controversy sparked last week when footage from a conservative rally held over the summer was played on "Hannity" during a segment on a more recent rally. During the clip, host Sean Hannity marveled over the large turnout for a Washington, DC protest. The Daily Show later pointed out that there seemed to be some inconsistencies with the video shown on Hannity's show, namely that the atmospheric conditions seemed to vary from shot to shot. Hannity later apologized on the air for what he called "an inadvertent mistake."

bigmack
11-19-2009, 05:54 PM
You gotta love it Hcap. FOX needs to change it's logo to "we're either wrong or incompetent and we've got the footage to back it up."
Wow Sec, after the campaign I had you figured for being beyond a shaver. If you'd like more of MSNBC doing the same just ask.

No apology yet as this goes to print.

Vu6cHrU4L4E

Rookies
11-19-2009, 06:13 PM
Better than Stalker! :eek:

I was thinking the 'C' word about you Tommy, in relation to this obsession. The one you don't want to be labelled by a woman. I never have.

(not THAT word PA...) :)

Tom
11-19-2009, 06:39 PM

See post #22 - the FACTS remain. Deal with it.:lol:

JustRalph
11-19-2009, 07:11 PM
Palin is a Goldmine!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-11-19/palins-gold-mine/

Sarah Palin sold 300,000 copies of Going Rogue on its first day of sale,
Duff McDonald has learned.

More details on the media rollout that's doubled as a $25.6 million economic stimulus package.
Did you hear that Sarah Palin has a book out? Of course you did. Her memoir, Going Rogue, has been the talk of the nation this week. Love her or hate her, the ex-governor of Alaska has once again sucked all the air out of the room of our national conversation. We’ve spent another week transfixed by her idiosyncratic brand of political psychobabble, her petty grievances, and the challenges faced by an “average American” like herself.
While her followers may buy the whole “average” shtick she’s selling, there’s one thing about the lady that is decidedly elite: her earning power. In July, we estimated that in resigning, Palin had lined herself up for a payday between $17 million and $20.75 million over the next 12 months. With Going Rogue crushing the bestseller lists, she’s well on her way.
“Sales are phenomenal, and we are convinced that the book will continue to sell phenomenally for some time to come,” says a HarperCollins insider.
And what of the media that can’t seem to look away? While left-of-center commentators will mock her as ardently as right-of-center supporters gush over her, they’re both making money right alongside her by covering the spectacle that is Sarah. How much? We set out to put a value on a single week of Palinmania—not only to Palin herself, but to everyone else riding on her gravy train.

more at the link

46zilzal
11-19-2009, 07:19 PM
Now is SHE only had written it.

illinoisbred
11-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I do have to say I found it strange that her book doesn't have an index.

bigmack
11-19-2009, 08:02 PM
This coming from Capt. Cut & Paste?

Tom
11-19-2009, 08:13 PM

That is asinine. :lol: