PDA

View Full Version : What's the most inquiries/dqs you've had go against you in a row?

CBedo
11-17-2009, 06:59 PM
My 6/1 shot in the 11th at Zia just got taken down (he deserved it) which makes the 14th straight steward's inquiry that has gone against me. :bang:

Some were where I needed a horse taken down and it didn't happen, and a few were dqs like this one. For the most part, none of them were terrible rulings, but it's still frustrating to keep finding myself on the wrong side of them.

What's the most dqs or inquiries you've had go against you in a row?

andymays
11-17-2009, 07:09 PM
14 is hard to beat.

The thing is that people try to tell you they even out but they don't.

Let's call it what it is. Misery!

Let's hope it ends at 14.

speed
11-17-2009, 07:20 PM
My 6/1 shot in the 11th at Zia just got taken down (he deserved it) which makes the 14th straight steward's inquiry that has gone against me. :bang:

Some were where I needed a horse taken down and it didn't happen, and a few were dqs like this one. For the most part, none of them were terrible rulings, but it's still frustrating to keep finding myself on the wrong side of them.

What's the most dqs or inquiries you've had go against you in a row?

Look at it this way

You're tied with Zenyatta

CBedo
11-17-2009, 07:38 PM
I just got punished for whining (and now am ahead of Zenyatta)!

Got my 15th just now (back to back dqs, yuck). My 3/2 low priced overlay in the last at Portland Meadows just got taken down for coming in in the stretch (again, he deserved it probably).

Call me butter, cause I'm on a roll! :rolleyes:

andymays
11-17-2009, 07:41 PM

Got my 15th just now (back to back dqs, yuck). My 3/2 low priced overlay in the last at Portland Meadows just got taken down for coming in in the stretch (again, he deserved it probably).

Ouch!

rokitman
11-17-2009, 08:56 PM

Holy cheezus. I defer to your greatness. I am nowhere remotely close to that. I'd say that you should have an installation in the Bad Luck Hall of Fame but I'm sure the place would burn down just before you were inducted :ThmbUp:

DeanT
11-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Man that is some tough luck. If I had five in a row I would be surprised.

Go throw some salt over your shoulder or something.

Dan H
11-17-2009, 09:25 PM
Start posting your picks so we can at least bet against them.

Show Me the Wire
11-17-2009, 09:27 PM
Start posting your picks so we can at least bet against them.

That will work someone with worse luck will break his string of DQ's

DJofSD
11-17-2009, 10:41 PM
Maybe DQ's is what Jagger's and Richard's were referring to in 19th Nervous Breakdown.

CBedo
11-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Start posting your picks so we can at least bet against them.Today would have been a good day for you for sure. 11 bets today with one measly winner (18.00 winner at least). I think the best way for you guys to use this is to watch for inquiries, give a quick call to see if I have a bet on one the involved horses, and quickly bet friends and family that you can predict the ruling by going against my horse!

Overall, I've been running pretty good lately, and shouldn't complain. The stretch of inquiries is over about a month's time. So it's not quite as bad as it sounds. I'd just like to get one go my way, and since today was such a poor day, I decided to vent about it. Of course, the horse racing gods laughed and dqd my very next bet. I don't think I've ever had dqs in back to back races before, so that was new for me. :confused:

Zman179
11-18-2009, 05:37 AM
Not against me, but one time I hit a Pick 3 at Churchill in which all my horses ran second and all were placed first via dq.

Don't worry, you'll break the streak soon. Streaks never last forever.

rokitman
11-18-2009, 11:09 AM
Not against me, but one time I hit a Pick 3 at Churchill in which all my horses ran second and all were placed first via dq.

Don't worry, you'll break the streak soon. Streaks never last forever.
WOW. Now, that is lucky.

rokitman
11-18-2009, 11:35 AM
See what happened at CD Saturday? Multiple day carry-over in the P6... ticket with one horse alive in the final race- a 9/2 first-time starter...horse wins by a slice of salami....and gets DQed.

By the way, if ya like horses off a 9 year lay-off, see the 5th race Wed. at CD.

rwwupl
11-18-2009, 11:37 AM
14 is hard to beat.

The thing is that people try to tell you they even out but they don't.

Let's call it what it is. Misery!

Let's hope it ends at 14.

They never do even out as far as my experience has been. I have an unproven theory that it has something to do with the number of starters in the race. Over time the bad ones for me seem to vary between 5-1 to 8-1 negative results. I can not seem to prove it so maybe it is my imagination.

CBedo ,I feel your pain, you deserve a good break

CBedo
11-18-2009, 01:20 PM
One that was questionable whether it was bad or not was at Calder (I think) on Friday of BC day. I loved a horse that was 5 or 6/1, and keyed him every which way in tris and exactas as well as playing him to win. Well, he runs third with a just under 6/1 shot winning and a 8/1 horse running second. The 6/5 favorite runs fourth. So it appears I have missed the exacta but have hit what should be a really nice trifecta, but they put up the objection sign, and the favorite thinks he was interfered with by the winner.

They take down the winner and put him fourth, thus putting the 8/1 on top of my horse, on top of the 6/5 favorite. I still have the trifecta which pays 280ish for 2, but I'd love to know how big the trifecta would have been without the favorite in there? The offset though, was that I now had the exacta which paid over 90 and I had it more times than I had the trifecta, so I'm not really sure if that DQ help me or hurt me? Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

skate
11-19-2009, 06:50 PM
Welp, at 7 i woulda stopped, yep.

But i did have an odd dq (2) back to back races, the first i could agrue and i lost.
The second, happens the same as the first, but no call, i lost.

Soon after, i just never got back to GG.

Zman179
11-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Now that I remember, one day my top pick finished second in 14 straight races in a single day. Boy was that frustrating.