PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) says David Axelrod.................

andymays
11-17-2009, 03:24 PM
Stupak: Don t test me on abortion, Democrats!

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/11/17/stupak-dont-test-me-on-abortion-democrats/

Excerpt:

Rep. Bart Stupak (D-Mich.) pledged this morning to defeat healthcare reform if his abortion amendment is taken out, saying 10 to 20 pro-life Democrats would vote against a bill with weaker language.

“They’re not going to take it out,” Stupak said on Fox and Friends, referring to Senate Democrats. “If they do, health care will not move forward.”
Stupak’s amendment prohibits any insurance plan on a potential healthcare exchange from accepting federal subsidies if it covers abortion. Pro-choice lawmakers say that language is too broad and would drastically reduce access to abortion. …

“That is why Mr. Axelrod is not a legislator, he doesn’t really know what he is talking about.”

Show Me the Wire
11-17-2009, 03:32 PM
Stupek versus Axlerod (WH). Here is the meat, you skaed about, NJ Stinks :lol:

NJ Stinks
11-18-2009, 12:27 AM
If Stupak was the captain of the Titanic, he would have insisted that the deck chairs be stored before allowing anyone onto a lifeboat. :rolleyes:

bigmack
11-18-2009, 12:54 AM
If Stupak was the captain of the Titanic, he would have insisted that the deck chairs be stored before allowing anyone onto a lifeboat. :rolleyes:
Let's call that post 1 to start a tally of you & your comrades averting yet another issue and merely sniping a jejune return. :sleeping:

NJ Stinks
11-18-2009, 01:30 AM
Let's call that post 1 to start a tally of you & your comrades averting yet another issue and merely sniping a jejune return. :sleeping:

I must have missed it. I thought the issue healthcare reform. But just so you understand my position, I don't care if abortions are federally funded or not. The only women who will be using fed funds to pay for their abortion will be those who can't afford their insurance premiums. Eliminate abortion coverage and women without means may not get the proper medical attention needed when getting an abortion but women who can afford it will. I thought one of the main goals in reforming healthcare was to attempt to provide proper healthcare for all.

But bottom line, I don't want the abortion issue screwing up heathcare reform here. Abortions may be performed on .33% of the population in a year. It's a dumb distraction IMO.

bigmack
11-18-2009, 01:49 AM
I must have missed it. I thought the issue healthcare reform. But just so you understand my position, I don't care if abortions are federally funded or not. The only women who will be using fed funds to pay for their abortion will be those who can't afford their insurance premiums. Eliminate abortion coverage and women without means may not get the proper medical attention needed when getting an abortion but women who can afford it will. I thought one of the main goals in reforming healthcare was to attempt to provide proper healthcare for all.

But bottom line, I don't want the abortion issue screwing up heathcare reform here. Abortions may be performed on .33% of the population in a year. It's a dumb distraction IMO.
What in tarnation?

Thanks for your thoughts.

I understand where you're coming from. Truth be told, The Stu Amend may be a clever way to thwart this lousy piece of legislation.

Again, thanks for actually sharing your views.

Tom
11-18-2009, 07:52 AM
Abortion is NOT health care. Only when it threatens the mother's life.
Most abortions are medically not needed.

If tax dollars go to abortions, there will be a civil war.
The Church will have to condemn the country, and I certainly will go along with them. I will cease to be an American and no long support this country on any level.

I will not pay to murder babies so some sluts can have it easy.

boxcar
11-18-2009, 07:54 AM
I must have missed it. I thought the issue healthcare reform. But just so you understand my position, I don't care if abortions are federally funded or not. The only women who will be using fed funds to pay for their abortion will be those who can't afford their insurance premiums. Eliminate abortion coverage and women without means may not get the proper medical attention needed when getting an abortion but women who can afford it will.

And what's wrong with that? After all, pregnancy is a choice in the vast majority of situations. So, if women choose to get "sick" -- if they choose to put themselves at risk for having this kind of "health issue", then why should taxpayers fund any abortions?

I thought one of the main goals in reforming healthcare was to attempt to provide proper healthcare for all.

You mean you're still not up to speed on the millions who still won't be covered, if this bill gets passed? You haven't caught on, yet, that HC reform really isn't about health care, have you? :rolleyes:

Only to shallow thinkers.

Boxcar

johnhannibalsmith
11-18-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm proposing an amendment to allow Federal fundong for penis enlargements for those with sex addictions and low self-esteem as a result of their perceived inadequacies. This is a serious issue for men that is the largest cause of undiagnosed mental health issues and often leads to uncontrollable deviant behavior that is severely taxing our criminal justice system.

There is strong support for this amendment, as well as that which will provide lap band surgery for those 99.999999% of obese Americans that clearly have a glandular disorder. That portion of the bill has been written to also incorporate funding for skin bleaching, transgendering, nipple piercing, and hair plugs.

All of these are very important to the individual affected and obviously we as humans have absolutely zero control over our actions and as we all know, if it makes us sad or self-loathing, it must require medical intervention and a nifty latin-based name to legitimize it in our eyes.

It would be absurd for people on either side of the issue to realize that yes, it is a woman's choice to do what she does with her body. If a woman chooses to have an abortion, then she clearly had no choice in the matter and should be treated like any other victim of disease.

With any luck, we can expand the bill to not only fund abortion, but to mandate it since we have come full circle and as a society have evolved to believe that government does in fact belong in our collective vaginas.

Robert Goren
11-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Abortion is NOT health care. Only when it threatens the mother's life.
Most abortions are medically not needed.

If tax dollars go to abortions, there will be a civil war.
The Church will have to condemn the country, and I certainly will go along with them. I will cease to be an American and no long support this country on any level.

I will not pay to murder babies so some sluts can have it easy. Tax money already go to capital punishment which The Church opposes. They haven't condemned the country yet.

Tom
11-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Not in my state.
But I have no problem with that.