PDA

View Full Version : Sportex Velocity Computer II/Casio FX-795P

VINBATT
11-17-2009, 01:43 PM
Help. Back in 1992 I bought the above mentioned calculator. It was programmed to produce velocity numbers. When TSN came out with their pace data files, I stopped using this calculator. Then, I tried changing the battery for the calculator and lost part of the program. Not a problem until today. Since TSN is no longer in business I can't get any velocity ratings anywhere I'm aware of. If anyone out there has any information of a program that produces the feet per second numbers, please let me know. Thank you. Vinnie

JustRalph
11-17-2009, 03:10 PM
HTR

and I am sure there are more......... but I think HTR uses this number very well and it is easily grabbable ..........is that a word?

CBedo
11-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Help. Back in 1992 I bought the above mentioned calculator. It was programmed to produce velocity numbers. When TSN came out with their pace data files, I stopped using this calculator. Then, I tried changing the battery for the calculator and lost part of the program. Not a problem until today. Since TSN is no longer in business I can't get any velocity ratings anywhere I'm aware of. If anyone out there has any information of a program that produces the feet per second numbers, please let me know. Thank you. VinnieVin, whatever data files you were using for your velocity numbers from TSN, you should be able to get from BRIS.

VINBATT
11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Just Ralph: Went to HTR site and downloaded their software program. This is just about the same. I need a day or two to look it over & see how it works out for me. Thanks a lot. Vinnie

VINBATT
11-17-2009, 08:05 PM
CBedo: Thanks for answering. Spoke with someone at BRIS and they advised me that type of file has been discontinued. Are you aware of any names of any files at BRIS that might be comparable? Vinnie

CBedo
11-17-2009, 10:51 PM
CBedo: Thanks for answering. Spoke with someone at BRIS and they advised me that type of file has been discontinued. Are you aware of any names of any files at BRIS that might be comparable? VinnieI'm not sure what other data files TSN had, but the 50 cent files they had match up to the 1.00 PP data files (if you have been using the 50 cent files recently, you might call BRIS and they might give you the 50 cent price for those files). The TSN Procaps files are almost identical to the Multicaps files at BRIS. Those were the two main data files I remember from TSN. If it's not one of those, I'm not sure, but let me know what kind and maybe I'll remember.

plainolebill
11-17-2009, 11:57 PM
HTR and RDSS are spoken highly of. Not as comprehensive as the others but if you only bet a few tracks a relatively inexpensive alternative is Bob Pitlak's (Sports Bet Advantage) velocity program that uses BRIS files.

raybo
11-26-2009, 07:36 AM
Help. Back in 1992 I bought the above mentioned calculator. It was programmed to produce velocity numbers. When TSN came out with their pace data files, I stopped using this calculator. Then, I tried changing the battery for the calculator and lost part of the program. Not a problem until today. Since TSN is no longer in business I can't get any velocity ratings anywhere I'm aware of. If anyone out there has any information of a program that produces the feet per second numbers, please let me know. Thank you. Vinnie

If you're interested in Sartin type fps velocities, my "AllData PPs" spreadsheet program does that, and it's free (uses Bris/TSN single file data files). Just click on my website link in my signature.

You must have Excel on your computer.