PDA

View Full Version : ABC Exclusive: Jobs 'Saved or Created' in Congressional Districts That Don't Exist!

andymays
11-17-2009, 10:36 AM
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-saved-created-congressional-districts-exist/story?id=9097853

Excerpt:

Here's a stimulus success story: In Arizona's 15th congressional district, 30 jobs have been saved or created with just $761,420 in federal stimulus spending. At least that's what the Web site set up by the Obama administration to track the $787 billion stimulus says.

There's one problem, though: There is no 15th congressional district in Arizona; the state has only eight districts.

And ABC News has found many more entries for projects like this in places that are incorrectly identified.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/jobs-saved-created-congressional-districts-exist/story?id=9097853

boxcar
11-17-2009, 11:40 AM
All honest mistakes. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Boxcar

Boris
11-17-2009, 12:09 PM
I noticed this story, and several others ABC has been reporting lately. Someone over there has figured out what sells and makes money. My guess is they won't let FOX continue to be the only one reporting stories that interest conservatives.

DJofSD
11-17-2009, 12:09 PM
Maybe Jefferson gets a cell mate.

bigmack
11-17-2009, 12:52 PM
the only one reporting stories that interest conservatives.
Conservatives? How 'bout folk that want some truth?

bigmack
11-17-2009, 01:27 PM
We'll no doubt hear similar responses:

Honestly, I can't believe this was "accidentally using the wrong video" anymore than I can believe the Detroit Lions are just unlucky. :rolleyes:
It was not a mistake, it was a deliberate attempt to mislead.
It's not enough to say "We made a mistake" Tell me how you made the mistake, tell me why, tell me who made it. When the "mistake" is directly beneficial to your agenda, I must be very suspicious.
Anyone here who believes this was not planned by Hannity (Obama) and company is totally confused. The radical right (Looney left) continues with their theme song. "Bringing in the Sheep".

boxcar
11-17-2009, 01:35 PM
We'll no doubt hear similar responses:

We will, but not from those drones you cited. But....'cap and Sec aren't quoted, so I'm HOPING to hear something different from them for a CHANGE. :rolleyes:

Boxcar

Tom
11-17-2009, 01:49 PM
The lies of Obama are becoming so many and so obvious that even the marginally honest are finding it hard to ignore them.

Rest assured that MSNBC and the Tingler will never fall prey to the truth.
Or some here. Even Baghdad Bob says he can't but it anymore.:lol:

bigmack
11-17-2009, 01:59 PM
If you want a good laugh, read the article...

In Connecticut's 42nd district (which also does not exist), the Web site claims 25 jobs created with zero stimulus dollars. :lol:

The list of spending and job creation in fictional congressional districts extends to U.S. territories as well.

$68.3 million spent and 72.2 million spent in the 1st congressional district of the U.S. Virgin Islands. :lol:

$8.4 million spent and 40.3 jobs created in the 99th congressional district of the U.S. Virgin Islands. :lol:

$1.5 million spent and .3 jobs created in the 69th district and $35 million for 142 jobs in the 99th district of the Northern Mariana Islands. :lol:

Tom
11-17-2009, 02:05 PM
The taxpayers have been jobbed alright!

Tom
11-17-2009, 02:17 PM
These are the people who will run health care.

JustRalph
11-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Great Quotes Mack :ThmbUp: Even better point :ThmbUp:

This would be funny if it wasn't so damn illustrative of what we put with from this idiot and his minions

The community organizer made a typo I am sure.........

andymays
11-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Congressman Blasts White House for Faulty Job Data on Government Web Site

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/17/congressman-blasts-white-house-faulty-job-data-government-web-site-849363506/?test=latestnews

Excerpt:

The Democratic chairman of the House Appropriations Committee is demanding greater accountability from the the Obama administration after gross inaccuracies were found on a government Web site that tracks jobs purportedly saved or created by the $787 billion stimulus plan.

In a statement late Monday, Rep. David Obey of Wisconsin, chairman of the House committee, called the inaccuracies "outrageous" and said the administration owes the American public "a commitment to work night and day to correct the ludicrous mistakes."

"Credibility counts in government and stupid mistakes like this undermine it," Obey said. "We designed the Recovery Act to be open and transparent and I expect the the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, who oversees the recovery act Web site and data to have information that is accurate, reliable and understandable to the American public."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ThmbUp: to David Obey of Wisconsin

Show Me the Wire
11-17-2009, 04:34 PM
Mo' meat for NJ Stinks.

boxcar
11-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Congressman Blasts White House for Faulty Job Data on Government Web Site

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/11/17/congressman-blasts-white-house-faulty-job-data-government-web-site-849363506/?test=latestnews

Excerpt:

The Democratic chairman of the House Appropriations Committee is demanding greater accountability from the the Obama administration after gross inaccuracies were found on a government Web site that tracks jobs purportedly saved or created by the $787 billion stimulus plan.

In a statement late Monday, Rep. David Obey of Wisconsin, chairman of the House committee, called the inaccuracies "outrageous" and said the administration owes the American public "a commitment to work night and day to correct the ludicrous mistakes."

"Credibility counts in government and stupid mistakes like this undermine it," Obey said. "We designed the Recovery Act to be open and transparent and I expect the the Recovery Accountability and Transparency Board, who oversees the recovery act Web site and data to have information that is accurate, reliable and understandable to the American public."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ThmbUp: to David Obey of Wisconsin

WOW! A DEM said all that!? A Dem with some integrity!? I never thought I'd live long enough to see a Dem make my day. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:
This guy deserves :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

Boxcar

andymays
11-17-2009, 06:07 PM
WOW! A DEM said all that!? A Dem with some integrity!? I never thought I'd live long enough to see a Dem make my day. :jump: :jump: :jump: :jump:

Boxcar

This administration has got to see the writing on the wall. When guys like this start calling them out in a public way it's time to change course.

Will they listen? Hell no! :bang:

Tom
11-17-2009, 07:25 PM
No lib spins yet?

cj's dad
11-17-2009, 08:03 PM
No lib spins yet?

They're busy looking for charts and graphs that will create new congressional districts and spin away the mistakes made by BHO's admin team. Be patient Tom - they'll be here soon.

andymays
11-17-2009, 08:10 PM
My sense is that a tipping point has been reached with this administration. Anyone with any sense at all has had enough.

johnhannibalsmith
11-17-2009, 08:17 PM
... Anyone with any sense at all has had enough.

Well that just leaves 423,123,167,967,674,232,547.5 humans still on the ship.

cj's dad
11-17-2009, 08:39 PM
My sense is that a tipping point has been reached with this administration. Anyone with any sense at all has had enough.

Completely over his head- classless

Out of his element.

Dumbest Pres. since gerald ford.

Lacks diplomacy- tact-character-conviction-presence

Is narcissistic-apologetic-weak-shallow-complacent-boorish

But the most outstanding character flaw is that he is ---

Not Presidential !!!

Keep on a bowin' and scrapin' Uncle T.

Need I go on

Tom
11-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Well he certainly told China - they limit you to one baby, they kill baby girls, they kill their own citizens if they get out of line, they censor everything......but Barry told them they better let them on the internet! :lol::lol::lol:

Wadda joke!

sandpit
11-17-2009, 08:59 PM

Boxcar

Mr. Obey succeeded William Natcher (D-KY) as chairman of the House Appropriations Committee. Though Natcher served for 51 years in the House (which many would believe was far too long), he is one of the greatest, yet unheralded, congressmen in this country. His integrity and respect for the office was unmatched. He had a streak of over 18,000 consecutive votes, even going so far as to be wheeled into the chamber on a stretcher when he was hospitalized. His record was stopped only when he became too ill to attend. He never accepted ANY campaign contributions. And his paid staff numbered just four people, which is nearly incomprehensible in this day and age of bloated government. Even Bill Clinton recognized his contributions, awarding him the Presdiential Medal of Freedom.

BenDiesel26
11-20-2009, 11:30 PM
BUMP. Let's make this thread a sticky.

JustRalph
11-21-2009, 03:38 AM
Geitner gets his ass reamed by Congress

One Congressman actually asked him about the Data/Subject of this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13I0pK0f1X0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lGX6r7ZeuQ

Geitner just toils on......defying Congress and staying in the pocket of the mighty one............while he collects millions