I want to ask if any one bought the pars book from Dick or
Cynthia Publishing? I would like to buy or trade for a used copy
of either book. That is if you're not happy with it or find no use for it

P.S The latest book on pars

Cheers,
Topgun

John
11-18-2009, 09:09 PM
Buy it from Dave Schwartz. He does the pars for Cynthia Publishing.

My copy is a few years old. I don't think the pars change too much from year to year.

:) :) :)

Dave Schwartz
11-19-2009, 12:21 AM
Actually, we did the Cynthia Pars only one year. 2001, I believe.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

banacek
11-20-2009, 08:20 PM
My Horsestreet Par book is too out of date - 2002, I think. I make my own for my main tracks, but when I have shippers it causes problems. I am okay with buying the new one from Horsestreet or Cynthia when it comes out (March?). My question is do either of the two distinguish between classes by conditions. But when all it says is 7500 for claiming, I have to guess how to adjust for NW2L, NW3L, open, 3YO, 3YO+, Female, Male, etc. Now I realize that in some cases there may be too few races to base a par on, but many you can.

Also the changes in runups (at Hastings this year for example) caused me a little difficulty this year before I caught and made a decent adjustment. I assume that the pars for 2010 are based on 2009 data only and would help with that.

Thanks

P.S. I also notice that Cynthia has a promotion on where you buy the current 2009 pars at full price and they will send you the new one when it comes out.

Dave Schwartz
11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
HorseStreet Pars contain claiming classes for N2L, N3L and N4L. We try to do all the classes for older horses except starters. Those are always goofy from one year to the next.

We also have a deal with the new pars coming out. When you purchase the 2010 pars as well you get the following discount on 2009 pars:

In November: 50%
In December: 60%
In January: 75%
In February: free with 2010 purchase.

Pars go out March 20th.

John
11-20-2009, 10:39 PM
There you go Topgun, Dave has made it easy and reasonable.

:) :) :)