PDA

View Full Version : Why I loved Bobby Frankel

Indian Charlie
11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
1. He was real.

2. He was one of those trainers that you always seemed to make money with.

My first score with Frankel?

The 1986 Met Mile with Garthorn (Rafael Meza) in 1:33.2.

I can't imagine a more reliable trainer.

He was money!

We'll miss you, Bobby.

tundral
11-16-2009, 08:21 PM
aberuska rafiel meza hollywood park in the 80s jerry moss owners
made lot of money.

matthewsiv
11-16-2009, 08:53 PM
He was the real deal as a person and a trainer.

God Bless him.

ManeMediaMogul
11-17-2009, 06:17 AM
Check out the Frankel story on www.racehorsereport.com (http://www.racehorsereport.com%20)

Fingal
11-17-2009, 11:24 AM
As always, the true measure of a person's life is how they are remembered after they're gone-

joanied
11-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Bobby was genuine...honest, generous, kind...a brilliant trainer...when he was ready to move to CA...I told him, hey, no one from Brooklyn lives in CA. :) ...he said he would kick a$$ out there...and he did:ThmbUp:
I loved the man...he was a Champion.

His last request was for Ventura to run in the Matriarch...I hope everyone here will forget about handicapping and just root for Ventura to win one more for Bobby...so we can 'see' him in the winner's circle one more time... if she wins, he'll be there.

RIP Bobby.... Happy will be so glad to see you.

Hajck Hillstrom
11-17-2009, 11:05 PM
While handicapping in SoCal during the 80's and 90's, the very first mark I would look to make in any race with my green highlighting pen would be the name; Robert Frankel. I always thought him to be head and shoulders above his contemporaries, and felt his horses always deserved primary consideration in any race he saw fit to enter them in.

His shoes won't be filled. There was Bobby, and then there was everyone else.

toussaud
11-17-2009, 11:15 PM
you know a trainer is the real deal when you without even think about it, second, third and 4th guess yourself for tossing one of his horses

I would catch myself saying all the time "frankel wouldn't put this horse here if he didn't think it could win"