PDA

View Full Version : GE Uses NBC To Push Obama's Green Agenda And Rakes In the Dough!

andymays
11-16-2009, 08:09 AM
http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bshapiro/2009/11/16/propaganda-ge-uses-nbc-to-push-obamas-green-agenda-and-rakes-in-the-dough/

Excerpt:

What do you call it when the federal government pays a private company some money so that the private company will stump for the federal government’s agenda? Payola. Under the FCC rules and regulations, “When a broadcast licensee has received or been promised payment for the airing of program material, then, at the time of the airing, the station must disclose that fact and identify who paid for or promised to pay for the material.”

So what do you call it when the federal government steers money to a major broadcast network so that the major broadcast network will stump for the federal government’s agenda?

That’s precisely what’s happening over at NBC this week. According to the Associated Press:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/bshapiro/2009/11/16/propaganda-ge-uses-nbc-to-push-obamas-green-agenda-and-rakes-in-the-dough/

jballscalls
11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
I seem to recall NBC doing this last year and the year before that, with the today show 'going green' and many of their shows doing it.

the only difference now is that they are theming the prime time shows, but it makes sense if they had success with it before on their smaller shows, and they want to get the message out more, they would use their highest rated shows??

prospector
11-16-2009, 11:14 AM
highest rated shows?
at nbc? is there such a thing...
the only thing i watch weekly is sat nite live..

Tom
11-16-2009, 11:38 AM
SNL....what a total waste of air time!
This is the worst cast and worst crew of writers ever assembled.
That farting skit last weekend was the end of the line for me. Their endless un-funny skits about politics was bad enough, now they mock a truly great actress like that? There is no excuse for that POS show or the scumbuckets that they pass off as actors.

Nothing
But
Crap

DJofSD
11-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Some pundit out there refers to it collectively as the government-media complex.

pandy
11-16-2009, 01:08 PM
They've been doing this type of stuff for some time, talk about conflict of interest. There is no integrity in the media anymore.

Tom
11-16-2009, 02:36 PM
The good news is that NBC has what, 30-40 viewers? :lol:

jballscalls
11-16-2009, 02:39 PM
The good news is that NBC has what, 30-40 viewers? :lol:

i like their late night team of Conan and Jimmy Fallon. Better than Leno and way better than that creepy Letterman

johnhannibalsmith
11-16-2009, 02:52 PM
Speaking of peacocks, what ever happened to the Deal or No Deal show?

I used to only get two stations on the TV all winter because of all the interference near the track and that show was on eight nights a week. I actually kind of liked to scream at the nitwits that would give up $213,600 offers because they "knew they had the million."

It never seemed to slowly fade away like most successful shows... it just vanished while in the midst of what seemed like a dominant position in that category...