PDA

View Full Version : GOLD $1130 the ounce

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 04:47 AM
i have been touting gold on this message board since the end of 2007 when gold was $700. i claimed it was heading towards $1250 and then to $1600 an ounce.

the price of gold vs. any currency reflects trust or lack of trust in governments.
as far as i can see gold is up against all major currencies.

we know how bad the government in this country has been since CLINTON left office, both the executive and congressional leaders, what the price of gold is telling us is that we are not the only ones with terrible governemts, its contagious all over the world these days. and that is where the big picture stands.
the people that breath the air on this particular planet do not trust the governments that are running the earth as we know it.

RichieP
11-16-2009, 07:59 AM
And a small group of Italians in the Country Club section of the Bronx are VERY happy right now.

Coming months will see their joy grow even more as the dollar collapses worldwide. Opec already scheming/implementing with other countries to set oil prices/futures NOT based on the US dollar.

Unfortunate for many Americans including my family.

Fiscal irresponsibility, corruption, greed running rampant. Politicians in bed with corporate crooks.

Where are the Pezzonovante's who are looking out for us the common folk?
Nowhere

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 09:37 AM
actually i think the dollar is setting up for a big run to the upside. i know it doesn't make to much fundemental sense, how can one think dollar up and gold up at same time?

that is what i see though.

jballscalls
11-16-2009, 10:33 AM
my penny stock watcher put me onto gold company a couple weeks ago and it went from .02 to .29! yay gold!

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
i would be carefull with gold once it gets to $1224-$1275 area, i think a major pullback will be in order then back to $1050.

prospector
11-16-2009, 11:08 AM
And a small group of Italians in the Country Club section of the Bronx are VERY happy right now.

Coming months will see their joy grow even more as the dollar collapses worldwide. Opec already scheming/implementing with other countries to set oil prices/futures NOT based on the US dollar.

Unfortunate for many Americans including my family.

Fiscal irresponsibility, corruption, greed running rampant. Politicians in bed with corporate crooks.

Where are the Pezzonovante's who are looking out for us the common folk?
Nowhere
stop bitching and grab a shovel...
if you think its not hard work, yet fun, to dig up gold..try it for a few hours..
what state you live in? i'll tell you exactly where the closest gold to you can be found....with a little work..

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 11:24 AM
actually i think the dollar is setting up for a big run to the upside. i know it doesn't make to much fundemental sense, how can one think dollar up and gold up at same time?

that is what i see though.i forgot to clarify what price range on the $. if it gets down to the 72 area i would get long the buck and short gold, looking for a move back up to 79 for the $.

on another note, the possible republican candidates for the 2012 election look pretty strong. they have about 5 impressibe candidates, huckaby, romney, palenta, and this gal who seems extremely bright and quite presidential, michelle backman. she is very impressive and is very knowledgeable about what is going on around her and has a good grasp on the rest of the world. she looks sharp as a tack.

the democrat's look extremely weak except for hillary, but when you line her up against michelle backman there is no contest in my eyes. any one of those candidates would be a vast improvement over the last 2 presidents that we have. so even though things do look pretty bleak there is hope in the horizen if those are the candidates. a president that gets respect has more ability to lead, and that is what has been lacking with the last 2 guys.

prospector
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
no to the huckster....he wants amnesty for illegals..or did last time i heard him...i do enjoy his weekly show..another reason to keep him outta the race..still trying to figure out how romney lost the last time..anti-mormons? how can people vote for a damn liberal and not a mormon..

boxcar
11-16-2009, 11:48 AM
i have been touting gold on this message board since the end of 2007 when gold was $700. i claimed it was heading towards $1250 and then to $1600 an ounce.

the price of gold vs. any currency reflects trust or lack of trust in governments. as far as i can see gold is up against all major currencies.

we know how bad the government in this country has been since CLINTON left office, both the executive and congressional leaders, what the price of gold is telling us is that we are not the only ones with terrible governemts, its contagious all over the world these days. and that is where the big picture stands. the people that breath the air on this particular planet do not trust the governments that are running the earth as we know it.(emphasis mine)

Really? You mean there's a universal trust problem in this world? Governments, like the peons they govern-rule over, are untrustworthy, too?
And so many pinheads in the world are worried about this planet being done in
by man-made global warming, when the real problem is man-made global distrust!

The whole world is in a pickle because of the universal shift toward Collectivism in one form or another. The whole world has been evolving for decades to regional oligarchies. We should not be surprised by this, for after all isn't this the way huge corporations are managed (governed) -- by a relatively handful of very powerful executives?

And now the unholy wedding is all but complete -- the marriage all but consummated in this country. The marriage between Big Gov and Big Biz. A match that could have only been made in hell. For the first time in this country our own wicked politicians are moving to regulate -- to control the buying and selling by individuals. Buying and selling -- a staple for life. Probably the only thing more fundamentally important is breathing air into our lungs, for that is still free. But eating isn't. Soon we will be required to buy this and only sell that under stringent conditions placed upon us as heavy yokes to enslave us further -- to impede our personal progress -- to further restrict our power of choice. It is no wonder, therefore, that the antichrist will use the power of commerce -- the freedom to buy and sell -- to bring people under his control.

Paper money all over the world is evolving into worthlessness. Literally! Hyper-inflation will ravage the entire world, thanks to wicked politicians and corporate executives worldwide. And when this happens, all of us will get a foretaste of what hell will be like due to the inevitable civil unrest that must follow in its wake!

These things will come to past, for it is written in God's word. And the wicked men, who will bring us to the point of despair and desperation, will not be able to deliver us out from under it, for they will not have the power, knowledge or wisdom to do so. The blind leaders of this world will continue to lead the equally blind masses, so that both fall into the dark pit.

Boxcar

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 12:07 PM
(emphasis mine)

Really? You mean there's a universal trust problem in this world? Governments, like the peons they govern-rule over, are untrustworthy, too?
And so many pinheads in the world are worried about this planet being done in
by man-made global warming, when the real problem is man-made global distrust!

The whole world is in a pickle because of the universal shift toward Collectivism in one form or another. The whole world has been evolving for decades to regional oligarchies. We should not be surprised by this, for after all isn't this the way huge corporations are managed (governed) -- by a relatively handful of very powerful executives?

And now the unholy wedding is all but complete -- the marriage all but consummated in this country. The marriage between Big Gov and Big Biz. A match that could have only been made in hell. For the first time in this country our own wicked politicians are moving to regulate -- to control the buying and selling by individuals. Buying and selling -- a staple for life. Probably the only thing more fundamentally important is breathing air into our lungs, for that is still free. But eating isn't. Soon we will be required to buy this and only sell that under stringent conditions placed upon us as heavy yokes to enslave us further -- to impede our personal progress -- to further restrict our power of choice. It is no wonder, therefore, that the antichrist will use the power of commerce -- the freedom to buy and sell -- to bring people under his control.

Paper money all over the world is evolving into worthlessness. Literally! Hyper-inflation will ravage the entire world, thanks to wicked politicians and corporate executives worldwide. And when this happens, all of us will get a foretaste of what hell will be like due to the inevitable civil unrest that must follow in its wake!

These things will come to past, for it is written in God's word. And the wicked men, who will bring us to the point of despair and desperation, will not be able to deliver us out from under it, for they will not have the power, knowledge or wisdom to do so. The blind leaders of this world will continue to lead the equally blind masses, so that both fall into the dark pit.

Boxcarno arguement, but i want to remain an optomist. i like the candidates coming up in this country, i suspect there might be better leaders throughout the rest of the world. so we can at least hope for the best.

boxcar
11-16-2009, 12:30 PM
no arguement, but i want to remain an optomist. i like the candidates coming up in this country, i suspect there might be better leaders throughout the rest of the world. so we can at least hope for the best.

For certain we can hope for the best -- for a reprieve, as it were -- for the short term. But that's all it would be -- a "reprieve". I don't think any world leader would be able to buck the tide for any length of time that is carrying the corporate-political world. The tide is too powerful to overcome. The lure of globalism is irresistible. Globalism will be viewed as the most efficient way for controlling the masses.

Boxcar

lamboguy
02-13-2012, 08:20 AM

the price of gold vs. any currency reflects trust or lack of trust in governments.
as far as i can see gold is up against all major currencies.

we know how bad the government in this country has been since CLINTON left office, both the executive and congressional leaders, what the price of gold is telling us is that we are not the only ones with terrible governemts, its contagious all over the world these days. and that is where the big picture stands.
the people that breath the air on this particular planet do not trust the governments that are running the earth as we know it.i thought i would pull this thread back up because i started it over 2 years ago and was trying to figure out how right or wrong i was about my analysis of the future.

interesting to see that the only republican candidate that i named that is left is ROMNEY, and its still up in the air if he gets the election.

one of the biggest game changers to me in the last 2 years was the collapse of MF GLOBAL. even though i thought that financial institutions were going to have its problems, i honestly would never have predicted MF GLOBAL to be one of the casualties. that led me to look at why they folded up. when looking at their business model, they were the largest broker dealer in respect to gold and silver commodity futures. they controlled 50% of all the comex trading in those 2 contracts. whenever gold and silver are involved there is always fishy maneuvers going on, its been that way for century's. i would guess that the main reason that MF GLOBAL went down is because someone was going to take a big delivery in either silver or gold, and that someone or some group wound up stealing the gold from them. this morning i woke up to the news that instead of MF GLOBAL being short $1.2 billion in client funds, they are now short $1.6, and that number is still rising. the clients that had their silver and gold holdings with MF GLOBAL have been liquidated and SOMEONE bought the gold. since this major fiasco gold has only dropped $170 in dollar value.

bottom line, gold is still very strong and i suspect it will get much, much stronger going forward. the big pullback in gold should occur when it hits $3500 an ounce and that should be a very large one in magnitude, something like $1000 drop which will take some time. the rise after that will be humongous. this is what happens in any type of gigantic bull or bear market, nothing goes straight up or down that isn't parabolic

acorn54
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
i'll stick with farm land, food inventories are down
gold has no practical use except for making dental crowns

lamboguy
02-13-2012, 09:30 AM
i'll stick with farm land, food inventories are down
gold has no practical use except for making dental crownsfarm land is excellent, and probably better than gold in the long run

sammy the sage
02-13-2012, 09:52 AM
farm land is excellent, and probably better than gold in the long run

Really...what til you see the tax increases THAT MUST come w/any land owner-ship...think ya maintain value...think it'll be STOLEN...(value that is) from most...

acorn54
02-13-2012, 10:29 AM
i am not really concerned with "value", i am only concerned with having land to grow food to put on the table and to have a house to have a roof over my head

sammy the sage
02-13-2012, 10:36 AM
i am not really concerned with "value", i am only concerned with having land to grow food to put on the table and to have a house to have a roof over my head

I understand that...already having some land myself to do that...how-ever...that's NOT the point of THIS particular thread.

acorn54
02-13-2012, 10:42 AM
sorry

Robert Goren
02-13-2012, 10:46 AM
I really doubt that MF Global will be last of the gold exchange/marketer to have screwed their customers. Seldom in recent history has there been a place so inviting to the hustlers, scam artists and con men as the gold market has been the last 3 or 4 years. As Warren Buffett said “Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked”. At some point, the tide on the gold market will go out and I am afraid there is going to be a lot of really ugly naked bodies standing on the beach.

Grits
02-13-2012, 11:01 AM
gold has no practical use except for making dental crowns

Don't know anyone with a gold dental crown. These have gone to porcelain. But gold jewelry, like ALL gold, of course, is another story. Have you been in a jewelry store in recent years and noted prices? There's plenty of gold and platinum, and if prices are any indicator, none of its dropping in value. Neither are appraisals.

Robert Goren
02-13-2012, 11:21 AM
Gold has some industrial uses in addition to jewelry. It has not been used in dentistry for quite some time for several reason including cost. The price of gold these days has nothing to do with its demand for jewelry and industry. I think even the ardent gold bug would agree to that.