PDA

View Full Version : Dunkelberger Ties Record for Consecutive Wins!

andymays
11-15-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53463/dunkelberger-ties-record-for-consecutive-wins

Excerpt:

With his win aboard Citigambler in the third race at Charles Town Nov. 14, jockey Travis Dunkelberger equaled the North American record for consecutive wins by a jockey with nine. The record was established by Albert Adams in 1930 and equaled in 1993 by Anthony Black.

Dunkelberger’s effort to hold the record outright fell short in Race 7 when his mount, Warm Springs Girl, finished second as the odds-on favorite.

Prior to the seventh race, the Charles Town-based Dunkelberger had reeled off nine consecutive wins at both Charles Town and Laurel, with his last defeat coming in Laurel’s fifth race Nov. 11.

andymays
11-15-2009, 05:49 PM
The real question is......... How will this impact the HOY? :rolleyes: ;) :) :D

By the way good for Dunkelberger! :ThmbUp:

turfnsport
11-16-2009, 12:31 AM
Way to go Dunks! But....

I thought I was going nuts...I remember interviewing a jockey on my radio show that won something like 12 races in a row over a 2 day period about 10 years ago..not long after he got out of jail..finally found something on him

2001: Jockey Tim Moccasin capped a streak of 14 consecutive victories, a North American record, at Marquis Downs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. His fourteenth straight win came aboard Intricate Stitch in the fifth race.

lamboguy
11-16-2009, 04:09 AM
congradulations to both TRAVIS DUNKLEBURGER and his agent BILL KENNEDY for such a stellar performance

rokitman
11-16-2009, 02:32 PM
HOLY CHEEZUS! That's no small feat!

toetoe
11-16-2009, 05:25 PM
Dunkelberger’s effort to hold the record outright fell short in Race 7 when his mount, Warm Springs Girl, finished second as the odds-on favorite.

Aw, the overrated bum. :D .

P.S. Numbah nine ... numbah nine ... (ad nauseum/infinitum)

Passthehat
11-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Not bad for a very tall -- but skinny jock.

What is he, 5 10'??

cj's dad
11-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Way to go Dunks! But....

I thought I was going nuts...I remember interviewing a jockey on my radio show that won something like 12 races in a row over a 2 day period about 10 years ago..not long after he got out of jail..finally found something on him

2001: Jockey Tim Moccasin capped a streak of 14 consecutive victories, a North American record, at Marquis Downs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. His fourteenth straight win came aboard Intricate Stitch in the fifth race.

Marquis Downs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. eh !!

U kiddin me ?!?

turfnsport
11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Marquis Downs in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada. eh !!

U kiddin me ?!?

Can Saskatoon really be much different than Chuck Town?

They both are in the mountains and have just 2 gas stations.