PDA

View Full Version : Zensational first date...

joanied
11-14-2009, 07:26 PM
WOW...Zensational gets a hot :jump: date with Indian Blessing...I can't wait for this baby to hit the races...and Baffert gets to train when the time comes...I wish Mother Nature hadn't decided to keep a mare in foal for 11 loooooong months...

on another great mare...I see Paulson got some good bucks for Azeri...over 2 million....but, it breaks my heart she won't reside in America anymore...I know the farm in Japan she'll live at will treat her right, but it just kinda makes me sad she's going to another country.

toussaud
11-14-2009, 11:03 PM
WOW...Zensational gets a hot :jump: date with Indian Blessing...I can't wait for this baby to hit the races...and Baffert gets to train when the time comes...I wish Mother Nature hadn't decided to keep a mare in foal for 11 loooooong months...

on another great mare...I see Paulson got some good bucks for Azeri...over 2 million....but, it breaks my heart she won't reside in America anymore...I know the farm in Japan she'll live at will treat her right, but it just kinda makes me sad she's going to another country.

they are trying to corner the charles town 4 1/2F market.

Stillriledup
11-15-2009, 12:14 AM
Or the Rocket Man stakes at Calder. :jump:

Bochall
11-15-2009, 12:22 AM
they are trying to corner the charles town 4 1/2F market. Exactly! Toussaud, you have my vote for funniest poster.

PaceAdvantage
11-15-2009, 03:24 AM
Exactly! Toussaud, you have my vote for funniest poster.You obviously don't get around to other parts of the board....

joanied
11-15-2009, 10:16 AM
We do have a thing called Sprint Champion at years end...and we do have a lot of sprint races to go along with it...so what's wrong with trying to raise another fabulous sprinter....I understand the need for stamina in our race horses, and I'm all for it...but, again...we do have Sprint Champion at years end.
:)

Fingal
11-15-2009, 01:12 PM

Makes no sense. I thought the idea of breeding was to compliment, to mate speed to stamina. But I guess this combination of names will sell well. :rolleyes:

Speed Figure
11-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Should be booked to AP Indy!

toussaud
11-15-2009, 01:37 PM
We do have a thing called Sprint Champion at years end...and we do have a lot of sprint races to go along with it...so what's wrong with trying to raise another fabulous sprinter....I understand the need for stamina in our race horses, and I'm all for it...but, again...we do have Sprint Champion at years end.
:)

I dont' think a Zensational x Indian Blessing baby could get 6F. seriously

joanied
11-15-2009, 02:00 PM
I dont' think a Zensational x Indian Blessing baby could get 6F. seriously

You might be right...but each does have a little stamina in their pedigree...not much, I admit...in fact, I didn't even look at Zensational's pedigree until just now...his grandsire got the 1 1/4, and there is a little distance in there...but you do have to go back a ways...Caro finished 4th in the Arc...
the baby from these two, IMO, can get up to 7F...with the right training...but, it remains to be seen...you have to admit though, a foal from these two is going to be very, very fast...maybe a sprint champion...I also admit, Zensational is never going to get any distance horses, and Indian Blessing, if she were mine, would have gone to a horse like Empire Maker, someone mentioned AP Indy, good choice, even Giant's Causeway would be an interesting one to get her to...
Curlin would also be a nice choice.

Anyway...it'll be fun to see what happens with this mating...even if it is going against the theme of getting more distance into the breed.

Cat Thief
11-15-2009, 05:32 PM
I too love those fast, sprint horses and can't imagine how fast the offspring of Zensation and Indian Blessing will be. Pretty fast I think