PDA

View Full Version : CA Trainers Group Agrees to New Election!

andymays
11-14-2009, 09:46 AM
http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/53442/ca-trainers-group-agrees-to-new-election?source=rss

Excerpt:

The nine members of the California Thoroughbred Trainers board of directors gave notice they will resign when a new board is seated after an election in January 2010.

The CTT, in a Nov. 13 release, said the action “came as a response to demands made by some trainer members and a petition calling for a new election.”

In October, a new group called California Horsemen for Change, said the CTT decided to hold a new election after meeting with its representatives. The CHC said the meeting was held to resolve differences between the two organizations; the CHC was preparing to seek decertification of the CTT.
CHC members also expressed concerns over equine medication and racing surfaces. ;)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:

andymays
11-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Roger Stein implied that Santa Anita will be dirt when they open for racing next time. I will follow up.......

He also said that Santa Anita will apply for 4 day racing in January and February!

FenceBored
11-14-2009, 11:21 AM
Roger Stein implied that Santa Anita will be dirt when they open for racing next time. I will follow up.......

He also said that Santa Anita will apply for 4 day racing in January and February!

Did he mean this December, or next September?

andymays
11-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Did he mean this December, or next September?

I'm trying to nail it down. I can't wait until September. If they do it they will have to announce and do it by the end of this month to be ready for the next meet. Will post more if I hear more!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tried to nail it down and nobody will commit to the next meet.

tucker6
11-14-2009, 12:24 PM
I thought I had heard that they were thinking the next Oaktree meet next fall. I could be wrong though. These sort of things have a habit of changing.

fmolf
11-14-2009, 01:18 PM
I thought I had heard that they were thinking the next Oaktree meet next fall. I could be wrong though. These sort of things have a habit of changing.
I hope your right Andt whenever it is it was a lot of lost time and money for the cal racing scene.....i feel your pain hopefully they will be back to dirt.I liked nothing better than after a winning day at whatever nyra track was running to stay around and take a shot on a couple of cal. races in the late afternoon early evening....never bet a dime on them or any track since they went fake.