PDA

View Full Version : Cold Cash Jefferson gets 13 years in the slammer!

andymays
11-14-2009, 12:46 AM
http://michellemalkin.com/2009/11/13/cold-cash-jefferson-gets-13-years-in-the-slammer-public-corruption-is-a-cancer-on-the-body-politic/

Excerpt:

Former Rep. William Jefferson was sentenced today to 13 years in prison for his conviction on 11 counts of public corruption in a case in which he famously hid $90,000 in his freezer.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III delivered the sentence at a packed courtroom in the federal courthouse in Alexandria, Va. Prosecutors had asked for 27 to 33 years in prison, while Jefferson’s lawyers said the prison term should be less than 10 years.

lamboguy
11-14-2009, 03:29 AM
i don't know what the sentencing guidlines are in a case like this one. what i do know is that this guy abused the confidence that the public gave him, and they make examples of that type. same as with crooked lawyers, fbi and law enforcement agencies. the public handed over their trust to this guy and he certainly screwed them. but he might just be the tip of the iceburg, i am sure you can find alot more in that congress today doing as bad or worse as this guy did. if they threw a few more in the can maybe we could clean up corruption in the government at those top levels. nixon was worst than this guy and they didn't give him 13 seconds in the slammer. he got pardoned before he could be prosecuted.

DJofSD
11-14-2009, 10:02 AM
Wow! I missed this some how.

A federal rap -- no time off for good behavior, right?

DJofSD
11-14-2009, 10:05 AM
From the link:

On November 13th, 2009 at 10:55 pm, malkin_fan said:

Paging Charlie Rangel.

YOUR NEXT
:lol: :lol: :lol:

lamboguy
11-14-2009, 10:55 AM
there is no parole, you can get up to 15% reduction in your sentence, plus usually you go to a halfway house before getting released. chances are though that this guy will have his sentence vacated before he does ten years of it depending on what type of judge he had.

Pace Cap'n
11-14-2009, 11:04 AM
When a Federal sentence exceeds ten years, the convict is not eligible for a prison camp, aka Club Fed, but must go to at least a medium security facility with some real-criminal types.

Pell Mell
11-14-2009, 01:16 PM
O-Bum will pardon him before he leaves office at the request of Nancy Lugosi.:D