PDA

View Full Version : Tennessee freshman class

GaryG
11-12-2009, 03:38 PM
Kiffin is off to a good start with his first recruiting class. The SEC has been the nation's worse conference when it comes to thuggery.

Safety Janzen Jackson and receiver Nu'Keese Richardson, two of coach Lane Kiffin's most prized signees from his first recruiting class, were among three Tennessee football players arrested early Thursday morning in Knoxville on charges of attempted armed robbery.

The third player arrested was also a freshman, defensive back Mike Edwards. It was not immediately clear if the players have attorneys.

Steve Superior is going to love this!

cj's dad
11-12-2009, 06:36 PM
As I have posted before - "out of their element"

GaryG
11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
This reflects very poorly on the program. These guys have been disciplined before and they sure as hell didn't just start being thugs when they got to UT.

Valuist
11-13-2009, 12:30 AM
Its all about "teamwork". Of course their main team could be a gang, and not the Vols.

OTM Al
11-13-2009, 09:21 AM
Ball players can get away with a lot in the SEC but somehow I feel this may have crossed the line...unless they had played for LSU. They might have gotten away with it then.....

skate
11-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Yeh, i'm thinking it's society.

Go off and play ball all day and then you'll become famous.

So they see a few doing well and they go off and forget to pay attention to all the other rules.

No doubt, when things don't work out too well, they go on and on about being Held Back and yes "then they want the hand -out".:bang:

rrbauer
11-15-2009, 12:13 PM
By any standard their behavior was DUMB in relation to its possible impact on the rest of their lives. At least, for now, they get to live the rest of their lives: To wit, Tennessee has one of the largest per-capita handgun ownership rates in the country, coupled with over 1/4 million residents with carry permits. To walk up to a car with three occupants at 2AM in a dark parking lot brandishing a pellet pistol is akin to playing russian roulette with five chambers loaded.

BELMONT 6-6-09
11-15-2009, 01:41 PM
Same act...different performers. Now they get a chance to visit the judicial system.What a waste!