PDA

View Full Version : Kind of refreshing honesty from Hannity

jballscalls
11-11-2009, 10:57 PM
I'm a pretty big anti-Hannity guy, the minute Bill O is over, Fox gets turned off in my house.

But i saw this clip where he admitted to accidentally using the wrong video to make the crowd look bigger at a recent washington event.

Just excited to see someone admit to their mistakes in mainstream news

http://mediamatters.org/mmtv/200911110053

boxcar
11-11-2009, 11:12 PM
I'm a pretty big anti-Hannity guy, the minute Bill O is over, Fox gets turned off in my house.

But i saw this clip where he admitted to accidentally using the wrong video to make the crowd look bigger at a recent washington event.

What would trump Hannity big time and really be refreshing to see or listen to is an honest president. The one in office isn't cutting it.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 12:01 AM
What would trump Hannity big time and really be refreshing to see or listen to is an honest president. The one in office isn't cutting it.

Boxcar The last one didn't either nor did one before him or the one before him or the one before him. The only one I can ever remember being honest was Ike. Of coarse the biggest liar was Nixon. The man was incapable of telling the truth even when it was in his best interests to do so.

bigmack
11-12-2009, 12:05 AM
Of coarse the biggest liar was Nixon. The man was incapable of telling the truth even when it was in his best interests to do so.
Do tell

j4XT-l-_3y0

boxcar
11-12-2009, 12:11 AM
The last one didn't either nor did one before him or the one before him or the one before him. The only one I can ever remember being honest was Ike. Of coarse the biggest liar was Nixon. The man was incapable of telling the truth even when it was in his best interests to do so.

The present one has already, during his short time in office, told more lies probably than all of them put together. He makes look like a angel by comparison.

Boxcar

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 12:14 AM
As big of a liar that Clinton was ,even on his best day, he could not hold a candle to Nixon. You must be too young to remember Nixon.

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 12:27 AM
Boxcar, even if every word that has come out of Obama's mouth has been and is going to be a lie, he has to go 5 more years to catch up with Nixon. Nixon never told the truth about anything from the day he took office til the day his lying force him to resign. You were either not live then or you have faulty memory if you think Obama is in his league yet. He may get there but he still has a long way to go.

bigmack
11-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Nixon never told the truth about anything from the day he took office til the day his lying force him to resign. You were either not live then or you have faulty memory if you think Obama is in his league yet. He may get there but he still has a long way to go.
Let's assume we're all as old as the hills for the sake of discussion.

In that light, many of us have worked past Dick over the last umteen years.

We welcome you to join us.

http://www.thewinerychannel.tv/home/dailycork/uploads/photos/RichardNixonFarewell.jpg

riskman
11-12-2009, 12:50 AM
You are a "great American" Mr. H--and when you get caught with your pants down and exposed it is difficult to talk away your "Irish curse." Please get over your Micro phobia, you will survive.

boxcar
11-12-2009, 12:56 AM
Boxcar, even if every word that has come out of Obama's mouth has been and is going to be a lie, he has to go 5 more years to catch up with Nixon. Nixon never told the truth about anything from the day he took office til the day his lying force him to resign. You were either not live then or you have faulty memory if you think Obama is in his league yet. He may get there but he still has a long way to go.

I was around. I voted for Nixon. And I remember what went down. And because I voted for him I took his betrayal of the the public trust hard. But even so, BO still trumps all the liars put together. Personally, because so much of his background is being kept secret, I believe his whole life is a huge lie. I don't recall knowing so little background about a sitting president. But Nixon is no longer an issue, is he? He is no longer president. One would think that you'd be far more concerned about the current reprobate in office than one who has been gone so many years. What happened? Did Nixon run over your pooch or something?

Boxcar

NJ Stinks
11-12-2009, 01:11 AM

Honestly, I can't believe this was "accidentally using the wrong video" anymore than I can believe the Detroit Lions are just unlucky. :rolleyes:

mostpost
11-12-2009, 01:22 AM

You are giving him way too much credit. If Jon Stewart hadn't called him on it, he would have said nothing. It was not a mistake, it was a deliberate attempt to mislead.
Here is why I say so. Fox News sent a crew or crews out to cover the rally. That crew took video of the rally. That video was then edited to fit time constraints on their shows. And/or perhaps video from several different crews were edited together to form a more cohesive story. How then could footage from Sept. 12 accidentally get into those shots? Sept. 12 was two months ago. Can you possibly believe that footage from Sept. 12 was still lying around the editing room?
Someone from Fox decided there were not enough people at the Bachmann rally. They then DELIBERATELY spliced in footage from Sept. 12. It was not a mistake. :mad:

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 01:24 AM
I was around. I voted for Nixon. And I remember what went down. And because I voted for him I took his betrayal of the the public trust hard. But even so, BO still trumps all the liars put together. Personally, because so much of his background is being kept secret, I believe his whole life is a huge lie. I don't recall knowing so little background about a sitting president. But Nixon is no longer an issue, is he? He is no longer president. One would think that you'd be far more concerned about the current reprobate in office than one who has been gone so many years. What happened? Did Nixon run over your pooch or something?

Boxcar or something...He got a friend of mine killed in Vietnam after he promised to get us out. My friend was killed 2 weeks before the end of the war. He left a wife and 6 month old baby. I voted for him 1968 because he promised he would negotiate with the North Vietnamese. He never even tried. Maybe you can forgive and forget but I can't. Nixon will be an issue with me as long as I live. You can say all you want to about Obama, but he hasn't gotten any of my friends killed yet.

rastajenk
11-12-2009, 09:27 AM
How then could footage from Sept. 12 accidentally get into those shots? Sept. 12 was two months ago. Can you possibly believe that footage from Sept. 12 was still lying around the editing room?
This alone erases whatever shred of credibility you ever though you had left when commenting on these things.

Can you possibly believe that footage from anything anywhere is lying around the editing room? :eek: Dude, we're a decade into the 21st Century, this ain't Ed Murrow and Walt Cronkite splicing together a story. Get with the times. :cool:

boxcar
11-12-2009, 10:31 AM
or something...He got a friend of mine killed in Vietnam after he promised to get us out. My friend was killed 2 weeks before the end of the war. He left a wife and 6 month old baby. I voted for him 1968 because he promised he would negotiate with the North Vietnamese. He never even tried. Maybe you can forgive and forget but I can't. Nixon will be an issue with me as long as I live. You can say all you want to about Obama, but he hasn't gotten any of my friends killed yet.

And that's Nixon's fault? Okay...whatever you say.

But I am sorry for the loss of your friend.

Boxcar

HUSKER55
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM
I take it you have never worked in an editing room. Why do you think nobody, ( in their right mind) trusts the media?

What gets printed is what will sell. Nothing is lost, you may need it later.

It was deliberate.

mostpost
11-12-2009, 12:28 PM
This alone erases whatever shred of credibility you ever though you had left when commenting on these things.

Can you possibly believe that footage from anything anywhere is lying around the editing room? :eek: Dude, we're a decade into the 21st Century, this ain't Ed Murrow and Walt Cronkite splicing together a story. Get with the times. :cool:
I understand that everything is done with computers, and I am not a computer whiz. But don't each of those segments have an identifier or tag of some sort? Wouldn't those tags be sufficiently different that one could easily identify which was which? It's not enough to say "We made a mistake" Tell me how you made the mistake, tell me why, tell me who made it. When the "mistake" is directly beneficial to your agenda, I must be very suspicious.

Tom
11-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Hey, when you stop losing the mail, then you can talk.:lol:

cj's dad
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
I understand that everything is done with computers, and I am not a computer whiz. But don't each of those segments have an identifier or tag of some sort? Wouldn't those tags be sufficiently different that one could easily identify which was which? It's not enough to say "We made a mistake" Tell me how you made the mistake, tell me why, tell me who made it. When the "mistake" is directly beneficial to your agenda, I must be very suspicious.

Check with Jon (Liebowitz) Stewart, your news source:lol: @ the
"Comedy Channel".

Now we know where you get your breaking news and updates.

46zilzal
11-12-2009, 12:46 PM
As big of a liar that Clinton was ,even on his best day, he could not hold a candle to Nixon. You must be too young to remember Nixon.
I thought there NEVER could be a worse president than the DICK, Boy was I wrong as the cowboy set new standards for stupidity recklessness and down right incompetence.

boxcar
11-12-2009, 01:55 PM
I thought there NEVER could be a worse president than the DICK, Boy was I wrong as the cowboy set new standards for stupidity recklessness and down right incompetence.

You're still wrong. The commie rutabaga-in-chief currently in office puts them all to shame.

Boxcar

exactaplayer
11-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Anyone here who believes this was not planned by Hannity and company is totally confused. And they probably like Sarah as a presidential candidate.
The radical right continues with their theme song. "Bringing in the Sheep". :bang:

mostpost
11-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Hey, when you stop losing the mail, then you can talk.:lol:
I stopped losing the mail years ago............................................... .................................................. .................................on the day I retired. ;)

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Hey, when you stop losing the mail, then you can talk.:lol: Nobody who works for United Airlines had ever even think about posting.