PDA

View Full Version : Lou Dobbs to Quit CNN!

andymays
11-11-2009, 08:04 PM
http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/11/11/lou-dobbs-to-depart-cnn/

Excerpt:

Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views have made him a TV lightning rod, said Wednesday that he is leaving the cable news channel effective immediately.

Sitting before an image of an American flag on his television set, he said “some leaders in media, politics and business have been urging me to go beyond the role here at CNN and to engage in constructive problem solving as well as to contribute positively to the great understanding of the issues of our day.”

“I’m considering a number of options and directions,” Mr. Dobbs added. A transcript of his remarks is available here.

Excerpt:

Last month the New Jersey State Police were called to Mr. Dobbs home to investigate a report of gunfire. Mr. Dobbs suggested that his family had been singled out because of his views on illegal immigration and border security.

Tom
11-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Lou Dobbs, the longtime CNN anchor whose anti-immigration views

Lie number one right there. The typical lib/left/dem/stinking illegal alien ploy - the scum suckers come here, steal our resources, and then lie about it. Dobbs has NEVER made a single comment anti LEGAL immigration.

I am sick and tired this bunch of border crashing leeches and it is time to run them out of town. Every one of them - out.

Time for us to start community organizing them.

boxcar
11-11-2009, 09:31 PM
The MM conveniently can't tell the difference between what legal immigration and anti-illegal border crossings mean.

Boxcar

Tom
11-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Exactly - it is a lib ploy to keep telling the same lie over and over and over until people buy it. No more - time to face the illegal menace head on. Time to take back our country.

Rookies
11-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Dobbs isn't a racist imho and at times he's entertaining. At other times, he's tedious, but nobody hits the bullseye every day.

But the bottom line is that, I believe, he has described himself as a life long Republican. And most assuredly, he's a Con. After all, they don't have too many commies in charge of a Wall Street show for 20 years partying the capitalist line every moment!

That " Independent" facade is just that. It's bullshit. Carry on Lou, with the fellow travellers on FOX.

dartman51
11-12-2009, 12:19 AM
I think this all started when he voiced his opinion on the BIRTH CERTIFICATE issue. He said that he didn't doubt that Obama was born in Hawaii, but he felt that he should release his birth certificate to shut down the whole issue. He caught a lot of flack over that. His bosses wanted him to stop talking about it, and he refused. He has been on borrowed time since then.

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 12:43 AM
CNN loved this guy. His rating were very good. When someone like this resigns, I immediately think of a health issue. I hope I am wrong, but unfortunately all too often I am not. What ever the reason I wish him the very best of luck.

bigmack
11-12-2009, 01:11 AM
I immediately think of a health issue. I hope I am wrong, but unfortunately all too often I am not.
Thanks for the laughs. Does your opinion of your opinion ever get in your way? :lol:

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the laughs. Does your opinion of your opinion ever get in your way? :lol: Quite often:lol: There is nothing like a visit to the web site BetPad.com to remind me what my opinions of my opinions are worth.

PaceAdvantage
11-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Quite often:lol: There is nothing like a visit to the web site BetPad.com to remind me what my opinions of my opinions are worth.You do handicap before you wager, correct?

Similarly, if you read the actual news story about the Dobbs resignation, it becomes relatively clear that this is all about business and career issues and not about personal or health issues.

Tom
11-12-2009, 07:39 PM
What do you suppose Lou will do, He is FAR too smart for anything in government.

JBmadera
11-12-2009, 07:53 PM
didn't he do this once before, and try to catch the dot bomb wave? just seems to me that he is pissed and cannot find a way to present his views in a "fair and balanced" manner.

all i want is to get the facts reported correctly and i will make up my own mind - i do not need a media filter.

jb

Tom
11-12-2009, 07:54 PM
He will end up on Fox.

johnhannibalsmith
11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
I was hoping for TVG...

Tom
11-12-2009, 09:27 PM
Talking about "illegal shippers?" :lol:

toetoe
11-13-2009, 07:58 PM
I hear that Mr. Dobbs has doubts as to the real assassin of Lincoln, making him a Boother.

Robert Goren
11-13-2009, 11:22 PM
You do handicap before you wager, correct?

Similarly, if you read the actual news story about the Dobbs resignation, it becomes relatively clear that this is all about business and career issues and not about personal or health issues. I have learn a long time ago not believe everything I read in a newspaper especially when that paper is the NY Times. Like I said I hope I am wrong.

andymays
11-16-2009, 12:01 PM
CNN gave reporter Lou Dobbs $8 million in severance pay to leave network

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dobbs_got_to_quit_LOBEhi0KhBVvzqxDoxbPWI

Excerpt:

CNN was so sick of Lou Dobbs, it gave him an $8 million severance package to leave, The Post has learned.

"They wanted him out," according to a source.

Dobbs, who a source said had a year and a half to go on his $12 million contract, shocked viewers last Wednesday by announcing he was quitting.
CNN boss Jonathan Klein and Dobbs, 64, had been publicly feuding over the kind of reporting Dobbs was doing on his show -- especially stories about illegal immigration and the anti-Obama "birther" movement, which contends the president was not born in Hawaii and is not an American citizen.

Read more:

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dobbs_got_to_quit_LOBEhi0KhBVvzqxDoxbPWI#ixzz0X2iF kiIV

Tom
11-16-2009, 12:36 PM
Dobbs will be on O'Reilly this week - maybe tonight?
Should be a good interview.

Dobbs was giving CNN a black eye - his truthful reporting was upsetting Obama and making the rest of CNN look bad. :lol:

Show Me the Wire
11-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Dobbs will be on O'Reilly this week - maybe tonight?
Should be a good interview.

Dobbs was giving CNN a black eye - his truthful reporting was upsetting Obama and making the rest of CNN look bad. :lol:

So much for CNN being fair and balanced or open to opposing viewpoints.

johnhannibalsmith
11-16-2009, 01:11 PM
So much for CNN being fair and balanced or open to opposing viewpoints.

This is why I really never believed that CNN pushed him out... not only is he good for ratings and revenue, he offers credibility to the claim that the reporting is reasonably balanced and he probably attracts viewers to the network that otherwise have little reason to watch the station.

Instead, they pay him to leave and probably eventually end up at a rival network, where he will all but guarantee an hour of weak viewership at CNN.

I really can't understand the motive behind releasing a guy that is nothing but good for a network with the end result likely being his departure is nothing but bad for the network... because he's a little of the beaten path of CNN's overall political 'perspective'... :confused:

Tom
11-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Dems and Obama favor illegal immigration.
They are planning amnesty.

Can't have Lou stirring up the astro-people. Remember the big bru-ha-ha last time they tried amnesty? He was a huge voice in getting the people to stand against it. Got to shut him up.

They know full well that this time, we have Tea Parties, and they are afraid of the people they are supposed to represent.