PDA

View Full Version : Mass Run To The Right

bigmack
11-11-2009, 02:17 PM
Forget about the previous thread about a lean to the right. They're rollin' over in droves.

Brace yourselves, hcap, exactaplayer, mostyposties, hank, NJSmelleth, Rookies, et al.
Now I know why so many were crying at the inauguration of BO.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_11_09_11_11_39.png

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_11_09_11_12_43.png

http://www.gallup.com/poll/124226/Republicans-Edge-Ahead-Democrats-2010-Vote.aspx

ArlJim78
11-11-2009, 02:27 PM
The One IS uniting the country. AGAINST him.

lamboguy
11-11-2009, 02:48 PM
my the wife was the leading liberal of all time. she now watches fox news all day and she knitted a baby blanket for megan kelly's baby boy. i guess barak obama blew up the democrats all by himself. if my wife takes a dixie, you know there are more out there like her!

boxcar
11-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Rush was saying yesterday how Billeee Boy Clinton attended some Senate function pushing ObamaCare and how he tried to sell this to them was that they should not worry about what happened in the recent elections in NJ and VA. Forget (which really means "deny") those results and instead focus on the future. He told them that if they denied their constituents, they would surely lose the next election because they would anger so many of them, they would just sit out the next election, which means the Republicans would practically win by default.

But the real fact of the matter is that the Dems' future right now is looking pretty bleak one way or the other. The extremists in the party have painted the entire Party right into a corner. Given the mood of the country (especially among the "independent" swing voters), the Dems appear to be screwed whether they do or they don't! Clinton is telling them the truth -- but the problem is that it's only a HALF truth. If the Dems dont' vote in ObamaCare, this would tick off their extremist base and they probably wouldn't show up on election day to vote. But the problem for the Dems is that these radicals' numbers aren't large enough to begin with! And this is precisely what Clinton should have been warning them of, but failed to do so, probably on orders from the WH or DNC or both. The people the Dems really need to be courting are the Independents; for this "base" is much larger.

But Billy Boy is no dummy. He knows this. But he, like most politicians, suffers from mental myopia. He's only looking at the short term. This is why his message yesterday amounted to suicide mission instructions. He knows that the picture is bleak one way or the other, so the Party Bosses and he figure that if the Dems are going to go down -- go down big! Go down in flames! Take this whole G**d*** country down, too, by passing ObamaCare. They're willing to sacrifice seats in the House and Senate and lose the WH because they're banking that it would be a short lived loss. And, of course, it should go without saying that politics is all about them and not The People; they could care less, anyway, about the horrendous consequences socialized medicine would have on us fiscally and socially.

Boxcar

Rookies
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Big Mack... here's 3 simple words for you to decode... " in a row " ;)

As in, the RCP average still says:

RCP Average10/28 - 11/8--45.243.6Democrats +1.6

Not that I'm a big fan of pols on either side or either country for that matter...

skate
11-11-2009, 05:16 PM
I guess, people are kinda seeing thru the 1900 pages.

Not long ago , we heard from many, including B.theO., that abortion was not a part to the bill, yet now the bill passes because they address the abortion situation, thru exclusion.

I figure the dems didn't think Abortion was Medical, or something...way to go dems, you've come a long ways babe.

bigmack
11-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Big Mack... here's 3 simple words for you to decode... " in a row " ;)
As in, the RCP average still says:
RCP Average10/28 - 11/8--45.243.6Democrats +1.6

Not that I'm a big fan of pols on either side or either country for that matter...
Well I can understand if you were a fan of CNN polls as that's the one that heped your numbers.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_11_09_14_34_30.png

Heck the poll says 52% of Indie voting preference is Repubie. In Virginie & Jersey it was 60 & 66%!

The flow is going. Wait til these 'wrong direction' sentiments start to get in the upper 60's.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_11_09_14_38_15.png

GaryG
11-11-2009, 05:54 PM
I would be happy to move to the right if I could.....:jump:

Rookies
11-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes, but make sure it's "inarow".

As in, have the Republicans had 2 months in a row in the past 24 that they have led?

Doubt it and you can't yell Chicken Little every day.

If that Health Care Plan gets passed, Americans will realize that the sky is still up there ! ;)

johnhannibalsmith
11-11-2009, 05:57 PM
I figure the dems didn't think Abortion was Medical, or something...way to go dems, you've come a long ways babe.

Or to take it the other direction... that government shouldn't be meddling with a woman's body or anyone's right to choose... but now... it seems either gender is fair game and you haven't any choice in whether or not you wish to partake in their intervention...

...Oh yeah, you can pay some thousands in fines or take a vacation at Alcatraz... so I suppose that qualifies as "a choice" (cue nervous cackling by House Dems at mention of 'bipartisan healthcare bill')...

I really never thought that I'd end up sounding like more of a RW than a LW... I even played LW most of my hockey life despite the right handed shot...

DJofSD
11-11-2009, 06:21 PM
I heard Dick Morris say today that it is possible even Boxer could be defeated next year.

GaryG
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
I heard Dick Morris say today that it is possible even Boxer could be defeated next year.Yes, by another woman, former H-P CEO Carly Fiorina. Reid is toast in Nevada.

Rookies
11-11-2009, 06:28 PM
I heard Dick Morris say today that it is possible even Boxer could be defeated next year.

BOXCAR, is that right ? Well, of course he is...:lol: :D :rolleyes:

BlueShoe
11-11-2009, 10:03 PM
Yes, by another woman, former H-P CEO Carly Fiorina.
She does not have the GOP nomination locked up.She is a moderate,a RINO,and Assemblyman Chuck Devore will strongly oppose her in the primary.There is even some talk,that,heaven forbid,AaaNold is considering entering the race.

bigmack
11-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Reid is toast in Nevada.
I always wondered how HR could be voted in year after year from a State like NV since '87. Pound4Pound they park around Vegas.

Must be CA transplants from up north. (see Chickenhead response to follow)

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/11_11_09_15_38_44.png

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 11:46 PM
I always wondered how HR could be voted in year after year from a State like NV since '87. Pound4Pound they park around Vegas.

Many of us in NV ask the same question.

A popular bumpr sticker here is:

Harry Reid does not speak for THIS Nevadan.

ArlJim78
11-11-2009, 11:47 PM
She does not have the GOP nomination locked up.She is a moderate,a RINO,and Assemblyman Chuck Devore will strongly oppose her in the primary.There is even some talk,that,heaven forbid,AaaNold is considering entering the race.
oh please! say it ain't so.

BlueShoe
11-12-2009, 12:45 AM
oh please! say it ain't so.
Just talk so far.However,look at it this way;he is being termed out as governor,is too old to go back to making movies and playing Terminator parts,and cannot run for president.That could make a run for the Senate a temping option.I dont like it either.

NJ Stinks
11-12-2009, 02:01 AM
Here's the story behind this "surge" in newly-minted Republicans as I see it:

1. People over 65 or close to 65 are afraid anything new in healthcare in this country might affect their tremendous coverage via Medicare.

2. Many people who can afford the high annual cost increase in their healthcare coverage are afraid anything new might affect their tremendous coverage.

3. Certain young people who don't think they need health care coverage are against it becoming mandatory because it's gonna cost them money.

So who does that leave to back the Democrats in Washington who want to reform healthcare?

a) People who don't have healthcare coverage or have crappy coverage.

b) People like me who think the present system has got to go even though I fit in No. 2 above.

Together a) and b) above are a definite minority in this country. So the Dems are going to have to bite the bullet in 2010 to get this done. If it turns out the Dems do it mostly right, Dems will be rewarded down the line. If it turns out like the majority currently fear it will, the Dem healthcare reforms will be overturned by future lawmakers.

Robert Goren
11-12-2009, 02:19 AM
I use to work for Gallup. I know how they do their polling. I would not trust anything they put out. Only people with land lines get called. My brother is the only person I know who still has a land line. His father-in-law use to have one but even that eighty year old man gave it up. I know I when I worked there I never got a person under 40.

bigmack
11-12-2009, 02:24 AM
I use to work for Gallup. I know how they do their polling. I would not trust anything they put out.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Wow! The amount of obfuscation is exponential.

The card on the table for all to see with this 'bill' is one that asks much of a few, little of many, and a diminution in service to the elderly.

This one issue will bring folk out in revolt. Funny thing is, there are many more.

acorn54
11-12-2009, 05:30 AM
I use to work for Gallup. I know how they do their polling. I would not trust anything they put out. Only people with land lines get called. My brother is the only person I know who still has a land line. His father-in-law use to have one but even that eighty year old man gave it up. I know I when I worked there I never got a person under 40.

sort of like when the polls picked dewey over truman in the presidential race.
the explanation for the miscalculation was, only republicans had phones.

boxcar
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM

1. People over 65 or close to 65 are afraid anything new in healthcare in this country might affect their tremendous coverage via Medicare.

2. Many people who can afford the high annual cost increase in their healthcare coverage are afraid anything new might affect their tremendous coverage.

3. Certain young people who don't think they need health care coverage are against it becoming mandatory because it's gonna cost them money.

So who does that leave to back the Democrats in Washington who want to reform healthcare?

b) People like me who think the present system has got to go even though I fit in No. 2 above.

Together a) and b) above are a definite minority in this country. So the Dems are going to have to bite the bullet in 2010 to get this done. If it turns out the Dems do it mostly right, Dems will be rewarded down the line. If it turns out like the majority currently fear it will, the Dem healthcare reforms will be overturned by future lawmakers.

When was the last time a social program was overturned once it became law?

Boxcar

boxcar
11-12-2009, 10:39 AM

And then there are some people too stupid to fear something the politicians want shove down our throats but wont' themselves touch with a ten foot pole.

Boxcar

BlueShoe
11-12-2009, 11:27 AM
Only people with land lines get called. My brother is the only person I know who still has a land line.
I have a land line and intend to have one the rest of my life.Do not have a cell phone.Have no intention of ever owning a cell phone.Not quite as old as the father in law that dumped his old style phone,but not all that far behind him.Have never been polled on a serious issue.Every unsolicited call that starts out as a "poll" ends up as a sales pitch or outright scam.

boxcar
11-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I have a land line and intend to have one the rest of my life.Do not have a cell phone.Have no intention of ever owning a cell phone.Not quite as old as the father in law that dumped his old style phone,but not all that far behind him.Have never been polled on a serious issue.Every unsolicited call that starts out as a "poll" ends up as a sales pitch or outright scam.

I, too, have a land line and that is my primary phone, and probably always will be. In fact, with my prepaid, anonymous cell phone service I have, I can count the people on one hand who have that number. And even then it would be very tough reaching me since I rarely have the phone on, except, of course, when I initiate a call on it. :)

Boxcar

46zilzal
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
p. 218 American Theocracy

"One of the biggest changes in politics in my lifetime is that the delusional is not longer marginal. It has come from the fringe, to sit in the seat of power in the Oval Office and in Congress. For the first time in our history, ideology and theology hold a monopoly of power in Washington."

NJ Stinks
11-12-2009, 01:10 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow! The amount of obfuscation is exponential.

Thanks for clearing that up. :p

ddog
11-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Rush was saying yesterday how Billeee Boy Clinton attended some Senate function pushing ObamaCare and how he tried to sell this to them was that they should not worry about what happened in the recent elections in NJ and VA. Forget (which really means "deny") those results and instead focus on the future. He told them that if they denied their constituents, they would surely lose the next election because they would anger so many of them, they would just sit out the next election, which means the Republicans would practically win by default.

But the real fact of the matter is that the Dems' future right now is looking pretty bleak one way or the other. The extremists in the party have painted the entire Party right into a corner. Given the mood of the country (especially among the "independent" swing voters), the Dems appear to be screwed whether they do or they don't! Clinton is telling them the truth -- but the problem is that it's only a HALF truth. If the Dems dont' vote in ObamaCare, this would tick off their extremist base and they probably wouldn't show up on election day to vote. But the problem for the Dems is that these radicals' numbers aren't large enough to begin with! And this is precisely what Clinton should have been warning them of, but failed to do so, probably on orders from the WH or DNC or both. The people the Dems really need to be courting are the Independents; for this "base" is much larger.

But Billy Boy is no dummy. He knows this. But he, like most politicians, suffers from mental myopia. He's only looking at the short term. This is why his message yesterday amounted to suicide mission instructions. He knows that the picture is bleak one way or the other, so the Party Bosses and he figure that if the Dems are going to go down -- go down big! Go down in flames! Take this whole G**d*** country down, too, by passing ObamaCare. They're willing to sacrifice seats in the House and Senate and lose the WH because they're banking that it would be a short lived loss. And, of course, it should go without saying that politics is all about them and not The People; they could care less, anyway, about the horrendous consequences socialized medicine would have on us fiscally and socially.

Boxcar

What a riot of a posting from a riot of a guy!

AS Big DIck said and would say SO ......................

Heard no crying about the will o the peeps back then.

Short term or mass delusion or just the general ol box hypocrisy.

All about the same anyway.

A laugh a minute- thx. :lol: :lol:

ddog
11-12-2009, 02:05 PM

"One of the biggest changes in politics in my lifetime is that the delusional is not longer marginal. It has come from the fringe, to sit in the seat of power in the Oval Office and in Congress. For the first time in our history, ideology and theology hold a monopoly of power in Washington."

This dude was SO FAR ahead of the country and the pugs that he may as well have been GOD.

You want a roadmap of the disaster - read his last couple of books.

Couldn't be any plainer, if ya can read that is.

johnhannibalsmith
11-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Here's the story behind this "surge" in newly-minted Republicans as I see it:...

I got one that I fit into (well, I'm not ready to pledge to the DNC yet) and I'd like to be represented too please... :cool:

4) Young to middle-age folks that are scraping by, can not afford insurance, would love insurance, in fact are in dire need of insurance... but not if it means making some sort of Don Corleone agreement with each revolving cast of the four year posse.

The one thing you won't hear about from a bunch of Political Science/Law majors about fixing the economy/health care/jobs/wall street is the root problem - KNOCK THE CIVIL LITIGATION INDUSTRY IN THE HEAD.

ddog
11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
long as HC is fee for service and most all that request the service don't have to pony up and don't even know the cost of the service , you can kill all the lawyers and it won't make a difference.

If the fee is needed for someone to make money and the customer could care less about the cost in most cases , then only a simp would not understand the fees are going to RULE !!!!!!

One other thing, if you think you can "grow" the HC spending by 6-10% or more per year in an economy that is never going back to recent growth trends well , get out your calculator or your printing press.

If we get 2-3% growth by using massive debt and HC keeps on going , in less than 10-15 years you will not be paying out anything else at the gvt level.

Forget about the lawyers. They will be busted as well.

This "thang" gives every indication of ending up in a smokin heap o rubble.

Tom
11-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Here's MY take, NJ......Hitler put his people in prison to reduce unemployment. That is how Dachau started. The dems are now going to put US citizen in jail if the do not buy health insurance. The same damn dems who allow alien leeches to come here and feed off of our working people and destroy our heltch care by taking over emergency rooms.

Our Founding Fathers went to war over far less. It is time for us to end this illegal and oppressive government. It is time to shut this country down cold. And keep it down.

skate
11-14-2009, 05:55 PM
Talk about lack of growth...

Entitlements are over 50% of the USAs GDP.

What are we talkin here? adding another 15/20%:lol:

Madoff could do this, but BtheO:rolleyes:

skate
11-14-2009, 06:05 PM

Talk about "delusion" and no longer "marginal":D , what a dope, this here is a good example of narcotic information.

Nothing personal,zilly one, but...
:cool:

toetoe
11-14-2009, 10:19 PM
How about a third way ... mebbe ... :confused: .