PDA

View Full Version : What's up with women?

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 11:24 AM
So, this morning my wife says, "What would you like for breakfast?"

I told her what I REALLY wanted - eggs with kippered herring - and told her how to baked the fish in the toaster oven. She did, it came out perfect and I just loved it!

Now, just a short 60 minutes later she is demanding to air out the house to "get rid of the smell."

What's up with that? Why don't women understand that there are some smells that are just good?

Dave

Overlay
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
My wife is the same way on Sunday mornings before church. She doesn't want me heating up frozen sausage links in the microwave because she says the odor will get in her hair. (Of course, she doesn't mention how the house smells when she's preparing squid, crabs, or some of her other favorite Filipino seafood dishes!)

Grits
11-11-2009, 11:55 AM
Dave and Overl, both of you hush, lest you find yourselves kicked to the curb before nightfall!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 11:57 AM
:bang: Sure, Grits. Take her side.

You women sure stick together.

GaryG
11-11-2009, 12:02 PM
Last time I wanted bacon and eggs she cooked the bacon in the microwave. It was tough and the microwave smelled for days. I asked her to please cook the bacon the old fashioned way, in the skillet. Thought I was going to get kicked to the curb. When ol' sweetie gets mad I get the finger wagging under my nose. Have to avoid laughing though. Think I will stick to grits and eggs.

cj's dad
11-11-2009, 12:08 PM
You guys are a bunch of wimps- when I was married, what I told my wife was do it my way or else ....

The divorce has been final for 5+ years now.

dartman51
11-11-2009, 12:16 PM
You guys are a bunch of wimps- when I was married, what I told my wife was do it my way or else ....

ROTFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:

miesque
11-11-2009, 12:27 PM

:lol: That was great. Actually these sorts of thread make me feel pretty good since its been a non-issue for a long time. If the house smells of bacon, duck, broiled lamb, seared tenderloin, etc. (which it often does) I don't have to put up with any complaining. :cool:

Track Collector
11-11-2009, 12:35 PM

This reminds me of the guy I used to see at some of the MA fair races many years ago. He wore a t-shirt with the following:

Top of shirt --> My wife told me that if I did not give up horseracing, she'd leave me.
Bottom of shirt --> I miss her. :)

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 01:16 PM

Dad, that was great.

And just to set the record straight here and in case Beth reads this (or some evil person sends her a link), Beth thoughtfully prepares my breakfast most every morning. I eat like a king.
(This paragraph brought to you by The foundation to Preserve Life AS I Know It.)

Dave

Grits
11-11-2009, 01:31 PM
Dave, you've quickly returned to your redeeming qualities. Better judgement kicked in! LOLOL

CJ and dad, like father, like son; apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

One sentence; greater impact!!! LOLOL:lol:

Gary, bacon cooked in a microwave has always been gross. But don't tell the bride.:faint:

bigmack
11-11-2009, 01:46 PM
Think I will stick to grits and eggs.
Insist on bacon, it's delicious.

9nT9P8MMpsE

miesque
11-11-2009, 02:05 PM
Insist on bacon, it's delicious.

9nT9P8MMpsE

I love that entire Gaffigan stand-up special, its hilarious, but the bacon part is priceless. :D

On a side note, I strongly believe that, Bacon, or for that matter any sort of meat, should NOT be prepared in the microwave. No offense, but when I hear of someone microwaving bacon, I make the same look that I do when I hear someone saying that White Zinfindel is their favorite wine.

riskman
11-11-2009, 02:42 PM
No offense, but when I hear of someone microwaving bacon, I make the same look that I do when I hear someone saying that White Zinfindel is their favorite wine.

Hey, nothing is worse than Thunderbird. Has to be one the most toxic wines ever made.

rastajenk
11-11-2009, 02:50 PM
MD 20/20 was the rite of passage into manhood among my teenage peers. :p

:faint:

miesque
11-11-2009, 02:53 PM

I realize I may regret asking this, but what is MD 20/20?

BillW
11-11-2009, 02:55 PM

A fine, fruit of the vine offering from Mogen David

Grits
11-11-2009, 03:16 PM

Bill's lying!:lol: Its the nastiest, sorriest, cheap, rock gut convenient mart late night purchase nationwide!!! Along with its first cousin, Thunderbird.

And true, Theresia, I've never seen a piece of meat cooked in a microwave that I could stomach. I don't even like to defrost meat in the microwave.

chickenhead
11-11-2009, 03:53 PM

my brother from another mother! some grape Mad Dog 20/20 for me, a little Boones Farm Strawberry Hill for the ladies.....life was easy....

rastajenk
11-11-2009, 04:02 PM
It could serve as a decent anti-freeze in a pinch. I believe the 20/20 refers to the hindsight one feels after downing a bottle, or two. :eek:

miesque
11-11-2009, 04:12 PM
Bill's lying!:lol: Its the nastiest, sorriest, cheap, rock gut convenient mart late night purchase nationwide!!! Along with its first cousin, Thunderbird.

And true, Theresia, I've never seen a piece of meat cooked in a microwave that I could stomach. I don't even like to defrost meat in the microwave.

Thanks, Grits. I guess it doesn't have the Rothschild wine empire shaking in their boots. :D

Excellent point on the defrosting of meat in the microwave, it does negatively impact the integrity of the meat so its something to avoid if at all possible.

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I had no idea that this thread would get so much attention. LOL

Or that it could drift so fast.

Okay, so what about the infamous Two-Buck Chuck (which is now $3)?

GaryG
11-11-2009, 05:26 PM
MD 20/20 (Mad Dog) banana red was pretty classy stuff but how about WPLJ? Well, it's good good wine, really make you feel so fine.....

BillW
11-11-2009, 07:59 PM

... With a complex palate and a fresh fruity nose. :p

DJofSD
11-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Dave, a real man would have lit up a stoogie.

DJofSD
11-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Warning: explicit dialogue - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0zJSgHDnpw

Dave Schwartz
11-11-2009, 08:56 PM
Dave, a real man would have lit up a stoogie.

Okay... even I would open the windows on that one.

Boris
11-11-2009, 11:21 PM
I love that entire Gaffigan stand-up special, its hilarious, but the bacon part is priceless. :D

On a side note, I strongly believe that, Bacon, or for that matter any sort of meat, should NOT be prepared in the microwave. No offense, but when I hear of someone microwaving bacon, I make the same look that I do when I hear someone saying that White Zinfindel is their favorite wine.
Perhaps you should add this to your Christmas list.

http://www.geeksaresexy.net/2009/11/10/behold-the-bacon-lamp/

trickey
11-12-2009, 07:01 AM
BACK IN THE EARLY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS THE BEST BANG FOR 75 CENTS WAS
A BOTTLE OF PAGAN PINK RIPPLE.......AND REMEMBER THIS.......RIPPLE WAS
THE BEVERAGE OF CHOICE OF THE LATE GREAT FRED SANFORD....LOL

Tom
11-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Everything I am today I owe to Ripple.

RichieP
11-12-2009, 08:00 AM
BACK IN THE EARLY HIGH SCHOOL DAYS THE BEST BANG FOR 75 CENTS WAS
A BOTTLE OF PAGAN PINK RIPPLE.......AND REMEMBER THIS.......RIPPLE WAS
THE BEVERAGE OF CHOICE OF THE LATE GREAT FRED SANFORD....LOL

After drinking some of that the immortal "Trickman" was heard to have muttered "Man ain't gonna hit no bone either! Thats right!"

:jump:

miesque
11-12-2009, 08:36 AM
my brother from another mother! some grape Mad Dog 20/20 for me, a little Boones Farm Strawberry Hill for the ladies.....life was easy....

Much as I hate to admit it, in the spirit of proper disclosure I did actually drink that a few times when I was a First Year student at Virginia. In my defense, I had just hit The University and considering the main drink at Frat parties then was a toxic Ever Clear and Vodka punch that you could clean windows with (the drunkest I have ever gotten was on the stuff) the Boones Farm Strawberry Hill didn't look all that bad at the time.

Fast forward 18 or so years to present and now I fuss if someone uses a Bordeaux glass to drink a Burgundy. :D