PDA

View Full Version : Well it's official!!! Racings problems over!

tzipi
11-10-2009, 10:44 PM
Again no horse knocking. Love ya Zen. Ya did great! Soooo.

All the mesage boards quotes:
Zenyatta has saved racing!
Zenyatta horse of the CENTURY! :bang:
Moss have saved racing!
Moss has saved California racing!
Zenyatta has brought new fans to game and saved it
etc

OK Racings saved now soooo....
1) OK so let's see all the fans stay around next year to see her run and bet on horse racing.
2) Racing attendance and profits should now go up big time with all the" new fans."
3) YES NO MORE RACINOS because racing has been saved as claimed!
4) FORGET Secretariat,Man O War,Ruffian,Phar Lap,etc. Zenyatta is horse of the Century off a BC win.

I mean Jesus cmon! Racing is not saved. Yup it was saved by Cigar too right? Yup saved by Curlin,right? Wake up. A horse does not save racing. Racing is screwed and a horse winnning a race does not fix it. geez

Also is she running next year? Is she going to travel to other tracks for her fans? You know all the news fans now racing has? :rolleyes:

tzipi
11-10-2009, 10:48 PM
RAGS TO RICHES SAVES RACING!!!!!!! FIRST GIRL TO WIN BELMONT STAKES IN 102 YEARS!!!!!
HORSE OF THE CENTURY!!!
RACINGS BACK!

Remember those posts on forums. Ha geez

Rachael vs Zen would'nt save racing right now. Bigger problems. One day of attendance and money and a win does not save racing.

saratoga guy
11-10-2009, 11:13 PM
Zenyatta has saved racing!
Moss have saved racing!
Moss has saved California racing!
Zenyatta has brought new fans to game and saved it

Just curious: Where did you see these "quotes" -- and what was the context?

tzipi
11-10-2009, 11:16 PM
Numerous forums. But just for here,tke alook at Zenyatta saves Breeders Cup and Oak Tree thread on here. Also in there is the Horse of the Century quote. Not sure why I was questioned,these things are all over the racing forums,including PA.

Also you can't deny the headlines about Rags to Riches after she won the Belmont Stakes. Same things said and it did not change a thing in racing.

Hey I WISH Zenyatta could or fixed racing but anyone saying that has happened is nuts. Racing has to fix itself from within.

macdiarmida
11-10-2009, 11:20 PM
Specifically what forums?

Hope we aren't talking about National Velvet Horse Love Club?

tzipi
11-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Ha once again why don't you just check this forum! Try the Zenyatta saves BC and Oak Tree.

Oh are some of the people joking in threads on the forums? Yeah but some are serious and the jokes are in responce to them. Anyway,not going to defend stuff that's all over internet and written in some newspaper articles too since the BC.

If you think I AM MAKING up things like newspapers articles since BC and people saying,"Zenyatta brings new fans to game",you're crazy. So what are those new fans to do next year with Zenyatta. This is my point and my questions to those columnists and posters.
Also my point is racing will hitch to this like it should be their blessing. I say stick to getting back on track and do not use this race as a big advertisement that things have gotten better. They did that with Rags to Riches and see what that got us so far.

saratoga guy
11-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hey I WISH Zenyatta could or fixed racing but anyone saying that has happened is nuts.

Honestly, I really don't think anyone's saying that...

tzipi
11-10-2009, 11:40 PM

Can you read? If you clicked on the thread mentioned here you would see where someone suggests where they could get 60,000 at the track. That fans will come out in droves. I did not see that written before BC.

LottaKash
11-10-2009, 11:42 PM

What, you didn't love "The Pie" ?.........:jump:

best,

WinterTriangle
11-10-2009, 11:51 PM
Tzipi,

I felt the same way about the topic: giving Zen HOY would "send the wrong message."

My thought was "wrong message to whom?"

According to a large % of folks on this board, horseracing is dying, and there is but a small handful of human beings even INTERESTED in the sport anymore, and is close to falling into the abyss.

:sarcasm::)

tzipi
11-10-2009, 11:53 PM
http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/youbet/archive/2009/11/08/can-zenyatta-save-horse-racing.aspx

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63561&page=1

Amongst other posts and articles.

If they want to feel that way ok. I know people want ti fixed,we all do. Just that this does not work! Cigar,Rags,Curlin all got same stamp and racing did not get better. That's all

Valuist
11-10-2009, 11:56 PM
Want to save racing? Put a limit on all takeout not too exceed 10%. There you go. That's the simplest solution.

Show Me the Wire
11-10-2009, 11:57 PM

Nobody is. A poster posted that Zenyatta saved the B.C. from disaster. That specific poster predicted the B.C. would be a total failure due to the AWS, which obviously did not come true. So to save face he postulated the B.C. was sucessful because of Zenyatta. But tzipi is running amuck.

I am vexed and perplexed by tzipi's irrational mucking on Zenyatta. Maybe he thinks R.A. is jealous because the OSA crowd raised the rafters for Zenyatta.

Perhaps he is Boycott B.C. Jackson himself.

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Nobody is. A poster posted that Zenyatta saved the B.C. from disaster. But tzipi is running amuck.

I am vexed and perplexed by tzipi's irrational mucking on Zenyatta. Maybe he thinks R.A. is jealous because the OSA crowd raised the rafters for Zenyatta.

Perhaps he is Boycott B.C. Jackson himself.

You really are an idiot. Ive posted things on here where it's written and I have also said I LIKE Zenyatta just not some things that are now said about how racing is or a vote on just one race. Its MO genius. Wasn't knocking. Learn to read. Once again it's never adressed about Cigar,Curlin,Rags etc were suppose to do same. ITS NOT AGAINST ZENYATA

Not my vault you think nowhere on threads on racing forum or artcles on internet saying anything about Zenyatta saving racing. I just posted few of many I've seen. Stop making up crap.

Can you read Wire? I have said numerous times co winners HOY would be cool. Have you seen my poll of thanking them for being great and running their hearts out. Grow up and read.

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:06 AM
You really are an idiot. :lol: :lol: :lol:

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:07 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You are an idiot. I have posted a million times about them being great and they should get Co-Winners,etc and you say I am just on here trashing her? You just make up crap.

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:10 AM
You are. I have posted a million times about them being great and they should get Co-Winners,etc and you say I am just on here trashing her? You just make up crap.

Well aren't you? It seems you are doing a good job of it in this thread. Especially, taking Imriledup's posting about Zenyatta saving the B.C. out of complete context.

You do sound like "Boycott the B.C." Jackson.

BTW could you give me an example of something I fabricated. :lol:

Goodnight and keep safe.

WinterTriangle
11-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I'm sure you've all seen this:

http://piv.pivpiv.dk/

If not, it comes in mighty handy. Turn your sound up.

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Well aren't you? It seems you are doing a good job of it in this thread. Especially, taking Imriledup's posting about Zenyatta saving the B.C. out of complete context.

You do sound like "Boycott the B.C." Jackson.

BTW could you give me an example of something I fabricated. :lol:

You have to be the biggest moron. Who's IMRILEDUP? What's their thread? I mentioned IGETEVEN thread. :lol: Another made up thing because you won't read.

I SAID from first sentence I'm not knocking Zenyatta! I like her. It was about people and racing hitching hopes to a horse again,when that will never work.
Learn to read!
You are just a person with a short attention span who will not read posts. From the get-go it said this is not about Zenyatta,its about Zenyatta fanatics. It's about racing itself. Jerk

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:20 AM
You have to be the biggest moron. Who's IMRILEDUP? I mentioned IGETEVEN thread. :lol: Another made up thing because you won't read.

I SAID from first sentence not knocking Zenyatta. I like her. It was about peopel and racing hitching hopes to a horse again,when that will never work.
Learn to read.
You are just a person with a short attention span who will not read posts. From the get-go it said this is not about Zenyatta,its about Zenyatta fanatics. It's about racing itself. Jerk

OOPs my mistake yes it was Igeteven. You took his post out of context. I apologize to Imriledup.

So I am an idiot, but its okay for you to bash people who hope Zenyatta could help racing. Go figure. :lol: :lol:

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:25 AM

Actually, I haven't but you most likely have.

I am confident someone has directed you there in the past and that is how you learned of its existence.

Why do you feel the need to attack me. Did I do something to you? I don't recall posting anything confrontational to you.

I guess. you think it is okay, like tzipi's does, to bash people you don't agree with.

So the question is what did I post to you that you do not agree with?

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:28 AM
OOPs my mistake yes it was Igeteven. You took his post out of context. I apologize to Imriledup.

So I am an idiot, but its okay for you to bash people who hope Zenyatta could help racing. Go figure. :lol: :lol:

Yup YOUR mistake ha . You were wrong,just writing crap. Again,did I say die Zen fans,did I say they were bad names or you guys suck get out of here...NO! You LIE again. Go figure :lol:

I said It never happens this way. Where's Rags to Riches racing surge? Where's Cigars?? Curlins?? Hmm. Because that's what we heard back then too. I said it's crazy to think that way. Even though I know they want it fixed like all of us.

IF YOU READ,my posts was about how racing has to fix itself and this HORSE HYPE AGAIN will not do it as much as people or racing wants it too. That's all! I never bashed Zenyatta on here and made that CLEAR from word one! My posts here on PA also prove that I like her. You fabricated I'm on here bashing her everywhere.

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:34 AM
You have to be the biggest moron. Who's IMRILEDUP? What's their thread? I mentioned IGETEVEN thread. :lol: Another made up thing because you won't read.

I SAID from first sentence I'm not knocking Zenyatta! I like her. It was about people and racing hitching hopes to a horse again,when that will never work.Learn to read!

Your words are bolded. Your first sntence reads "I'm not knocking Zenyatta! I like her." So you explain you are knocking the people, in the next sentence.

If you meant something else, I did not understand such due to your poor writng skills.

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:39 AM
Your words are bolded. Your first sntence reads "I'm not knocking Zenyatta! I like her." So you explain you are knocking the people, in the next sentence.

If you meant something else, I did not understand such due to your poor writng skills.

HA what happened to you saying I was all over here knocking Zenyatta? I clearly did not after reading the posts. Hmm was just lies. Go figure. Now it's Zenyatta people. Nope I was knocking the notion that once again a horse will save racing. Just like Cigar,Rags,Curlin,etc did after their runs. We know how that has gone. I want racing to lean on themselves and NOT a quick fix on one horse again. That WAS the point. Yeah I type fast and mess up. It's a sports board not a term paper. Too bad,get a life.

My writing skills? Your wrote "sntence" :bang: :bang: Jesus!

saratoga guy
11-11-2009, 12:42 AM
http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjournal/blogs/youbet/archive/2009/11/08/can-zenyatta-save-horse-racing.aspx

A guy obviously caught up in the emotion of the moment -- but his sentiment is sound. ie, "Forget about giving away hats and key chains. Forget about thinking about everything else except the very thing which horse racing was built on and which obviously remains true today: the horse. Promote your stars. Promote your sport."

Can't argue with that.

But when he adds: "Make Zenyatta the poster girl for horse racing," he exposes himself as being caught in the moment. She's unlikely to race again -- so what would making her the poster girl do?

But again -- the thrust of the article is that the sport would benefit by having stars to promote -- and he's correct on that account.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63561&page=1

Without Zenyatt, The people horse, since Seabiscut, saved the Breeders Cup and put a huge amount of money in the coffers of Oak Tree and Santa Anita.

I think the Breeders' Cup and Santa Anita officials would agree -- Zenyatta had a positive impact on attendace and handle.

Just think about it, 60,000 people on track. If the Board cleans up their act and straighten out the problems here in California, people will come in droves to the race track. (People love racing)

Since that's a pretty big "if", it's hard to equate this post with saying that Zenyatta saved racing...

If they want to feel that way ok. I know people want it fixed,we all do. Just that this does not work! Cigar,Rags,Curlin all got same stamp and racing did not get better. That's all

No horse or event is going to "save" racing -- but the "Seabiscuit" movie, the "Jockeys" TV series, Zenyatta, Rachel, Rags to Riches, Curlin, et al serve to broaden the exposure of the sport and that can only help.

The Heinz company doesn't air a TV commercial for their ketchup thinking that everyone will be motivated to run out the next day and buy their product. They're seeking to make an impression. To put the product out there so that people are aware and willing to buy it when given the chance.

These racing stories act in much the same way. When a racing story leaks into the mainstream it gives the game a broader exposure and hopefully causes some people to be willing to sample the sport.

It's all good.

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:43 AM
HA what happened to you saying I was all over here knocking Zenyatta? I clearly did not after reading the posts. Was just lies. Go figure. Ha now it's Zenyatta people. Nope I was knocking the notion that once again a horse will save racing. Just like Cigar,Rags,Curlin,etc did after their runs. We know how that has gone. That WAS the point. Yeah I type fast and mess up. It's a sports board not a term paper. Too bad,get a life.

You are correct I don't know what you are saying because you do not know yourself what you are saying and your sub-par composition skills.

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:44 AM

"My composition skills" Lets see yours below.

You wrote "Sntence" and "writng" :bang: :bang: Your're trashing MYYY bad skills! Idiot. Just quit :D

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:47 AM
WinterTriangle:

FWIW your criticism of Pletcher is acceptable because it is properly framed, unlike Joanied's ill-conceived ideas..

Show Me the Wire
11-11-2009, 12:51 AM
You wrote "Sntence" and "writng" :bang: :bang: Your're trashing MYYY bad skills! Idiot. Just quit :D

Yeah I admit to typos, you have made some too. But unlike you the thoughts are coherent.

Goodnight keep safe.

tzipi
11-11-2009, 12:56 AM
Yeah I admit to typos, you have made some too. But unlike you the thoughts are coherent.

Goodnight keep safe.

Goodnight too. Keep safe also. Just a debate. Don't think you're an idiot even though you could be right and I may. :D I can laugh at myself. Anyway, if she does save racing,then awesome! I just think it will go like Rags to Riches. Oh well on to the next topic down the road. Goodnight. :)

WinterTriangle
11-11-2009, 01:00 AM
OMG, show me. I did NOT direct that at you.

As a matter of fact, I just posted it, being careful not to quote or post "to" anyone.

I am not agreeing or disagreeing, although I will say that tzipi is stirring the pot and really going overboard on the Zen thing these last few days.

Anyway, I apologize if you took that personally, I did not mean that to happen AT ALL.

I was just posting it as a funny, in general, because people call each other idiot all the time, I was just offering an alternative to writing out the sentence!!

mea culpa, really

Actually, I haven't but you most likely have.

I am confident someone has directed you there in the past and that is how you learned of its existence.

Why do you feel the need to attack me. Did I do something to you? I don't recall posting anything confrontational to you.

I guess. you think it is okay, like tzipi's does, to bash people you don't agree with.

So the question is what did I post to you that you do not agree with?

lamboguy
11-11-2009, 05:02 AM
the season prices have come down to earth this year. i just saw dep reductions in price for gostzapper and smarty jones. smart now standing for $10k to anyone and if you have an ounce of connections you might get them down to $7500.

last night they did a special on JIMMY THE GREEK SINNOPOLIS. jimmy was my good friend since the 70's. we rented a house every year in saratoga together. personallly i thought they did a rotten job. i remember all the good things that the man did for other people. he was nice to my mother when she was dying of breast cancer and actully took a day off from the track to come to boston to visit her. there was a time i saw him at the superbowl in pasedena and there was a kid with lukemia at the hotel that he didn't know, he had 2 40 yard line superbowl seats on the AFC side that he took out of his pocket and just gave it to the kid. the kid was the happiest person on the planet.

there wan't a day that the greek ever missed the track when he was in a city that had one. in the saratoga days we got up at 5:00 in the morning to go get donuts to bring to scottie schulhoffer and woody stevens. i used to watch the workouts and once in awhile one of those 2 would thow us a bone about one of their first time starters. i learned alot about the game back in those days because i had the opportunity to be around the best at it. i was a complete nothing and the greek treated me pretty well because i used to lose lots of money to him on betting horses called swaps. he would pick a horse and i would pick another one. so we bet something like $20 wps with each other. you would subtract the different payoffs to see who won. on a jim dandy day he picked thunderumble who wound up winning and paid about $50 for win and i got sick. 3 weeks later we had dinner at the wishing well with richie o'connell and hollywood herbie mccauly. they wound up winning the travers stakes the next day.

magwell
11-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Want to save racing? Put a limit on all takeout not too exceed 10%. There you go. That's the simplest solution. Come on.... racing cant do that, it would make way too much sense..... now raising the take, that's the way to save the game.... :rolleyes:

DJofSD
11-11-2009, 10:13 AM

Here's another source for the same: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

46zilzal
11-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Numerous forums. But just for here,tke alook at Zenyatta saves Breeders Cup and Oak Tree thread on here. Also in there is the Horse of the Century quote. Not sure why I was questioned,these things are all over the racing forums,including PA.

Until the "suits" understand how to promote the game, NO great star will make any difference at all........NADA

DJofSD
11-11-2009, 12:24 PM
the season prices have come down to earth this year. i just saw dep reductions in price for gostzapper and smarty jones. smart now standing for $10k to anyone and if you have an ounce of connections you might get them down to $7500.

last night they did a special on JIMMY THE GREEK SINNOPOLIS. jimmy was my good friend since the 70's. we rented a house every year in saratoga together. personallly i thought they did a rotten job. i remember all the good things that the man did for other people. he was nice to my mother when she was dying of breast cancer and actully took a day off from the track to come to boston to visit her. there was a time i saw him at the superbowl in pasedena and there was a kid with lukemia at the hotel that he didn't know, he had 2 40 yard line superbowl seats on the AFC side that he took out of his pocket and just gave it to the kid. the kid was the happiest person on the planet.

there wan't a day that the greek ever missed the track when he was in a city that had one. in the saratoga days we got up at 5:00 in the morning to go get donuts to bring to scottie schulhoffer and woody stevens. i used to watch the workouts and once in awhile one of those 2 would thow us a bone about one of their first time starters. i learned alot about the game back in those days because i had the opportunity to be around the best at it. i was a complete nothing and the greek treated me pretty well because i used to lose lots of money to him on betting horses called swaps. he would pick a horse and i would pick another one. so we bet something like $20 wps with each other. you would subtract the different payoffs to see who won. on a jim dandy day he picked thunderumble who wound up winning and paid about $50 for win and i got sick. 3 weeks later we had dinner at the wishing well with richie o'connell and hollywood herbie mccauly. they wound up winning the travers stakes the next day.
I watched that last night. It was mildly interesting. Which is meant to be a comment on the program, not the person.

Since you have first-hand personal knowledge of the person, what is you opinion about the racist allegations that were leveled against him?

lamboguy
11-11-2009, 02:01 PM
I watched that last night. It was mildly interesting. Which is meant to be a comment on the program, not the person.

Since you have first-hand personal knowledge of the person, what is you opinion about the racist allegations that were leveled against him?when we shared the same house in saratoga he had a friend jimmy that was a black man that was with him all the time, they were best of friends. jimmy lived in duram north carolina and his friend was from there as well. he lived there because he had kids that suffered from cystic phybrosis and there was a hospital that specialized in the treatment of that dreaded disease. truthfully i don't think he was a racist at all. he really was the type of person that hated others. he had an age discrimination suit against CBS that i think he eventually won, i don't think he got that much money though from his settlement.

PaceAdvantage
11-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Calling someone an idiot is a fast-track to getting banned...if I had seen this thread earlier, I would have simply deleted these out of control posts by tzipi, but since it's gone nuclear, I'll simply close the thread and leave you with this warning.

You are officially on my radar screen.