PDA

View Full Version : Most Politicians are a G.A.S.S.S.

trying2win
11-10-2009, 09:52 PM
After watching politicians' actions at all three levels of government in Canada, i.e. Federal, Provincial and City for many years, I've come to the conclusion that 80 % of them fall into the incompetent group. A good way to describe this #%&*@! group is by the acronym 'G.A.S.S.S.' That stands for GREEDY, ARROGANT, STUPID, SPENDTHRIFT or SPINELESS. These particular politicians qualify on one or more of these negative categories.

I'll give the odd example of each category above...here's some examples of GREEDY, ARROGANT and SPINELESS in these three paragraphs by Provincial and/or City of Edmonton Council members):

1. Our Provincial premier held a secret meeting last year with some other Provincial officials and voted himself and his top cabinet ministers an outrageous 34 % raise! Can you believe it? I think he's the highest-paid premier in Canada now. That sure raised the ire of ordinary everyday taxpayers. And they did that just shortly before the collapse of the stock markets last year. It almost seems like a variety of insider trading, just before a stock falls way down in price.

2. There has been a lot of criticism of the overpaid premier and his cabinet from many different citizens of Alberta. They've been raking these greedy politicians over the coals but good over that insane raise they voted themselves. And the best the premier had to offer lately, was that he was willing to take a 10 % cut off his salary. How generous! He conveniently forgets that 1/3 or his salary is tax free. So the 10 % cut offered is actually less than that. While a lot of the rest of us taxpayers are suffering financially in the recession, the greedy premier is sure not. And he's arrogant too. Most taxpayers want him to give all the 34 % back. I agree! The premier refuses. And at the same time our province of Alberta is showing a big deficit this year. Instead, the premier is looking to cut back other areas, like in health care for example.

3. The premier should quit being arrogant, and give back the entire 34 % raise that him and his cabinet voted for themselves. And he should quit being spineless and also starting eliminating unnecessary jobs like in the Provincial Communications Dept. We don't need all those highly-paid spokesmen telling us the Province is short of money, or whatever else they like saying to the media. Let some manager tell us. But the premier says there will be no provincial union layoffs (same story with Edmonton City Council...there will be no City Union layoffs). I say...WHY NOT? The rest of the labor market in Alberta has had to lay off people to stay in business. Why should some government union workers be buffered against such layoffs? What makes them so privileged?

And here is a classic example of being STUPID and SPENDTHRIFT

4. The Alberta Provincial Government said our old slogan of 'THE ALBERTA ADVANTAGE' was outdated and needed to be replaced with a new one. I say the old slogan was A-OK and didn't need to be changed. And what do these incompetent, spendthrift politicians do...they spent $25,000,000 (probably a lot of it going to private, highly-paid consultants) to get ideas on a new provincial slogan. And what do they come up with, and the Provincial bigwigs decide is appropriate....(get this) 'FREEDOM TO CREATE, SPIRIT TO ACHIEVE'. What a waste of taxpayer's money in my opinion! Unreal.

--The problem is...the 20 % of the competent, fiscal-conservative politicians that show courage and common sense, are outvoted too often by the incompetent politicians. The taxpayers get burdened with higher taxes to pay for more unnecessary government employees, programs or projects in some cases, to name a few things.

--I could go on for quite awhile in this post to give many other examples of Government financial waste and incompetency, but I think I"ve made my point, and it would be interesting to see what other PACE ADVANTAGE members think of their FEDERAL, PROVINCIAL, STATE or LOCAL GOVERNMENT politicians.

Thanks,

T2W
images/statusicon/user_invisible.gif images/buttons/green/edit.gif (http://editpost.php?do=editpost&p=783689)