PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughbred Times Vote for HOY no contest

Moyers Pond
11-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Zenyatta 71%

Rachel Alexandra 29%

OTM Al
11-10-2009, 04:03 PM
And each party's candidate generally leads in the polls right after their convention as well. Post BC bump let us call it.

46zilzal
11-10-2009, 04:05 PM
And each party's candidate generally leads in the polls right after their convention as well. Post BC bump let us call it.
That is TRUE, but neither of them having any further input into this leaves the latter a big advantage.

OTM Al
11-10-2009, 04:13 PM
My only point being that things tend to calm down when people have had a chance to reflect and one would expect the voting to be much closer than this.

Don't remember how many articles I saw before the BC that RA was HOY no matter what Zenyatta did. Why has that changed? People are being overly emotional right now with the race. Sure it was wonderful and they should enjoy the feeling. Then they need to calm down and think a little bit and do some honest assessment.

Moyers Pond
11-10-2009, 04:27 PM
My only point being that things tend to calm down when people have had a chance to reflect and one would expect the voting to be much closer than this.

Don't remember how many articles I saw before the BC that RA was HOY no matter what Zenyatta did. Why has that changed? People are being overly emotional right now with the race. Sure it was wonderful and they should enjoy the feeling. Then they need to calm down and think a little bit and do some honest assessment.

Agreed, but the final NTRA poll has Zenyatta with wins over the #3, #4, and #8 horses. Rachel with wins over only the #4 horse, not one other top 10 horse.

Rachel will probably win because her owner knows how to "buy" votes, like he did last year, and more importantly because the sports wants a HOY running next year.

The public though clearly wants Zenyatta, and the sports may not want to upset the public at a time when the sport is hurting.

gm10
11-10-2009, 04:30 PM

Hmmm, I don't think that there will be a change in people's minds. Maybe RA is faster on dirt (I think she is), but she never faced a field like the Classic's, she never won a race which is really known outside of racing, and her owner avoided running her on the biggest stage of all. RA's win in the Woodward was sensational, but I would vote for Zenyatta, such a performance will probably not be seen again for a few decades. I feel a bit sorry for RA, any other year she would have won, and most owners would have sent her to the BC.

OTM Al
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Agreed, but the final NTRA poll has Zenyatta with wins over the #3, #4, and #8 horses. Rachel with wins over only the #4 horse, not one other top 10 horse.

Rachel will probably win because her owner knows how to "buy" votes, like he did last year, and more importantly because the sports wants a HOY running next year.

The public though clearly wants Zenyatta, and the sports may not want to upset the public at a time when the sport is hurting.

Why does this matter to you so much? This is like the 3rd or 4th thread you've started about this. Do you own this horse? Does this horse put food on your table? Do you need Zenyatta to win to feel good about yourself?

Please calm down. If you'd ever met any of these turf writer types you'd know there's no buying their votes. In fact several would vote against what they believe is right if that "side" tried to bribe them. And does the public really want Zenyatta to win? I had my choice I'd vote Rachel 1 and Zenyatta 2 and Presious Passion 3 just for fun because I like him. But that's my opinion and that counts for no more than the time I spent typing this.

Enjoy the moment and quit trying to make a silly contest about it. Really detracts from what we just saw.

Grits
11-10-2009, 04:36 PM
This TT poll subject was started in an earlier thread this afternoon by Java.

Could this one be merged with his?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63639

PaceAdvantage
11-10-2009, 06:01 PM
This TT poll subject was started in an earlier thread this afternoon by Java.

Could this one be merged with his?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63639I don't believe these are the same polls....

Stillriledup
11-10-2009, 06:07 PM

People are not interested in honest assessments. They just want to vote on raw emotion and anger. They want the HOY to be decided NOW before the glow of Z wears off.

Grits
11-10-2009, 06:34 PM
I don't believe these are the same polls....

Sorry, my mistake.

Grits
11-10-2009, 06:55 PM
PA, true. They aren't the same, the NTRA poll is an ongoing poll with divisions, etc, that takes into more full consideration the performances of horses, worldwide including those such as Goldikova, throughout the entire year.

The Thoroughbred Times looks like nothing more than a popularity contest thrown up on the heels of the Breeders' Cup. :faint: And it fits the leanings of ALL who are in favor of Zenyatta, conveniently.

Valuist
11-10-2009, 06:58 PM
The poll tells me more about human nature than anything else. People tend to have very short memories, and since Zenyattas Classic win was far more recent than Rachel Alexandra's performances, that's what people remember. Doesn't make it right, however.

kenwoodallpromos
11-12-2009, 07:45 AM
Is there still time for RA to put on a few lbs and race 10f in order to have the best last race among the 2?

lamboguy
11-12-2009, 07:55 AM
jimmy the greek was the biggest republican i have ever met, in the polls truman was getting trounced by millions of votes back in 1948. he bet out on truman and got it all!